2 hours ago, psdavidson said:

enlightenment purposes or as a stark warning to future generations after the thread descends into booze-fuelled apocalyptic meltdown?

The enlightenment of a booze-fuelled apocalyptic meltdown and what can happen when grown up man run free without legal guardian...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I’m really really hoping he’s talking about the Zeppelin….

Maybe, maybe not, depends on how the mood takes me. Nothing like keeping Earthlings in suspense. :evil_laugh:

Sadistic of Mars 👽

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, Teuchter said:

To return this thread to its title, well, nearly, I arrived in the south of Bavaria to be greeted by -

https://das-festspielhaus.de/en/programm/zeppelin-das-musical/

Has the writer been making notes on this thread?

Don

Seems to me that he should be paying me royalties!

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

I have got the L.48 model ready for decals this week but progress has been slow owing to these two little Herberts' arrival at Martian Towers:

124.jpg

125.jpg

They are a boy and a girl and are called Tinker and Nest respectively. Nest is named after one Princess Nest, the daughter of Rhys ap Tewdwr, the last king of Deheubarth in Wales and renowned as a great beauty in her time. Tinker is named for what he is as he is into everything! The door to the Martian cave has to be kept locked. Nest is the first picture and why Tinker should choose  to sit in his litter tray is beyond me! I hope he is not related to @general melchett's  Baldrick!

Kittens permitting, I hope to have the Zeppelins temporarily mounted on their bases over the next few days and to be making a start on fitting the gondolas to the two Takom builds.

Thanks for looking.

Broody of Mars 👽

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, perdu said:

Hardly nautical pests , oops I mean pets, are they?

Almost every Royal Navy ship had a cat, so nautical pests pets has an honourable precedent.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Time lost...

Cats I see, ok...

Hardly nautical pests , oops I mean pets, are they?

As it happens, I am hoping to train at least one of them to be "Ship's Cat" on the MVS Harbour patrol launch, although just how much work I would get out of the crew in that event is open to debate!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

The kittens are adorable, I’d keep them away from the Zepplins, my late lamented cat used to take great enjoyment from attacking my builds, although strangely he always attacked things with animal names, my pup lost a wing. Bd my Gamecock just wasn’t the same after he snagged  it a few times…

We got a puppy a month or two ago, our previous Dog died just before Christmas last year and I had forgotten how nice it is to have pets around as company and in the case of our dog, getting way more excercise, the only slight downside ( apart from our lawn and furniture getting chewed) is that walkies cuts into my bench time. :) but it’s a tiny sacrifice for the improvements in health both mental and physical.

6142-A836-C074-4-D63-9-CC3-F196-E52-A6-C

And yes she is three legged.

EC924262-07-C6-4-CDC-989-A-D5118-CC2794-We’re probably a bit spoilt as this is the forest across the road from my house where I walk the dog. It is wonderfully peaceful and particularly nice for a walk given the hood weather at the moment.

• Like 10

I follow Drach religiously but why he'd want to keep cats in his washing machine is beyond me. 

Why Tinker should choose to sit in his litter tray is beyond me! I hope he is not related to general melchett's  Baldrick!

Possibly, I regularly have to fish Baldrick out of the bins after a particularly heavy night on the Turnip and cabbage soup...

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, general melchett said:

I follow Drach religiously but why he'd want to keep cats in his washing machine is beyond me. 

To keep them clean?

I didn't know Martians kept cats as pets. I thought they were kept as snacks. Or was that ALF? 😁

On a serious note, pets can keep you poor, but they're worth it. We got our first cat a year or two before we got married, approaching 40 years ago now, and our first dog not long after. Since then we've always had both. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 7

We got our first cats a year or two  after we got married and bought our own house, mostly to see if we could manage to look after them, two kittens that had been abandoned by their mother. They weren’t even fully weened and we had to hand feed them with an eyedropper filled with milk and cream for the first few weeks. Overall I think we say them as a dry run for having children :)

Since then we’ve had several waifs and strays. With most of our cats just turning up. 

We got our first dog because SWMBO was subsequently found to be extremely allergic to cats so they had to be kept out of the house. Since then we’ve had four dogs two pedigrees that we bought and more recently two rescued dogs.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Martian said:

124.jpg

I don't want to worry you too much but this is what happens when they grow a tad.

d8KZ76y.jpg

The box and contents were claimed 5 minutes after it arrived.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Gidday, this photo was taken in December 2018, the sprue shot of my first GB on the ATF. SWCBI (She Who Cannot Be Ignored) just HAD to be in the photo.

AN80 the kit parts 3

Her name was Ali. Sadly her time has come and we had to put her to sleep on Monday. She had a lovely nature. Our other cat, Moondyne is much younger and is closer to being a black panther than a cat. A different nature but still a nice cat.

Sorry Martian if I've meandered a bit on your thread. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

It is beyond me that the door is not firmly closed securing them for later.

However a cat person I fail to be, not even apologetic to you cattitypes either

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

The kittens are adorable, I’d keep them away from the Zepplins, my late lamented cat used to take great enjoyment from attacking my builds, although strangely he always attacked things with animal names, my pup lost a wing. Bd my Gamecock just wasn’t the same after he snagged  it a few times…

We got a puppy a month or two ago, our previous Dog died just before Christmas last year and I had forgotten how nice it is to have pets around as company and in the case of our dog, getting way more excercise, the only slight downside ( apart from our lawn and furniture getting chewed) is that walkies cuts into my bench time. :) but it’s a tiny sacrifice for the improvements in health both mental and physical.

6142-A836-C074-4-D63-9-CC3-F196-E52-A6-C

And yes she is three legged.

EC924262-07-C6-4-CDC-989-A-D5118-CC2794-We’re probably a bit spoilt as this is the forest across the road from my house where I walk the dog. It is wonderfully peaceful and particularly nice for a walk given the hood weather at the moment.

The Zeppelins now live in a closed really useful box when they are not being worked on and the Martian cave is kept firmly closed when I am not in there. I'm glad you got your dog; pets make a house a home.

3 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

To keep them clean?

I didn't know Martians kept cats as pets. I thought they were kept as snacks. Or was that ALF? 😁

On a serious note, pets can keep you poor, but they're worth it. We got our first cat a year or two before we got married, approaching 40 years ago now, and our first dog not long after. Since then we've always had both. Regards, Jeff.

I have always lived with cats and to a lesser extent dogs I am too old to change, even if I wanted to. It is a year since our last cat died and it has been too long, the house has felt empty.

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

We got our first cats a year or two  after we got married and bought our own house, mostly to see if we could manage to look after them, two kittens that had been abandoned by their mother. They weren’t even fully weened and we had to hand feed them with an eyedropper filled with milk and cream for the first few weeks. Overall I think we say them as a dry run for having children :)

Since then we’ve had several waifs and strays. With most of our cats just turning up. 

We got our first dog because SWMBO was subsequently found to be extremely allergic to cats so they had to be kept out of the house. Since then we’ve had four dogs two pedigrees that we bought and more recently two rescued dogs.

I don't know why but I feel a much greater affinity with cats than children. They have however, helped enormously since Mrs Martian and I took the very hard but necessary decision not to have children due to my health problems.

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

I don't want to worry you too much but this is what happens when they grow a tad.

d8KZ76y.jpg

The box and contents were claimed 5 minutes after it arrived.

Cheers,

Alistair

There will be none of that nonsense happening here!

Martian 👽

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 16/06/2022 at 13:56, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, this photo was taken in December 2018, the sprue shot of my first GB on the ATF. SWCBI (She Who Cannot Be Ignored) just HAD to be in the photo.

AN80 the kit parts 3

Her name was Ali. Sadly her time has come and we had to put her to sleep on Monday. She had a lovely nature. Our other cat, Moondyne is much younger and is closer to being a black panther than a cat. A different nature but still a nice cat.

I am so sorry for your loss Jeff. I feel your pain and no need to apologise for the thread drift, it's not like that sort of thing is unexpected  in my threads. With the obvious exception of myself, it all goes to show that we are all human and raises BM to a rounded community rather than just another website.

Martian 👽

zepp2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

However a cat person I fail to be, not even apologetic to you cattitypes either

Me also Bill! We should form a club!!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Her name was Ali. Sadly her time has come and we had to put her to sleep on Monday

Sorry to hear that, Jeff. It’s so sad when you loose a pet. We’ve had two cats snd three dogs go over the last few years, mostly from extreme old age.

Since the pandemic there are scads of cats and dogs that need homes so look at it as an opportunity to give a stray or a rescued animal a hood home. 

Not counting my next door neighbours cat who has moved in with us. We’ve had three strays, one tamed but sadly died last year as he had feline leukaemia and just about everything else. And our one rescued Lurcher. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Her name was Ali. Sadly her time has come and we had to put her to sleep on Monday

Sorry to hear that, Jeff. It’s so sad when you loose a pet. We’ve had two cats snd three dogs go over the last few years, mostly from extreme old age.

Since the pandemic there are scads of cats and dogs that need homes so look at it as an opportunity to give a stray or a rescued animal a hood home. 

Not counting my next door neighbours cat who has moved in with us. We’ve had three strays, one tamed but sadly died last year as he had feline leukaemia and just about everything else. And our one rescued Lurcher. 

• Like 1

Seeing as how @Martians threads meander on an industrial scale ( that’s half the fun of them) is that even possible.

There is also usually some extremely good modelling too.

• Haha 7