19 hours ago, Chief Cohiba said:

Gott zum Gruße back, dear Sir and initial-sharing fellow-suspect.

Aaah, Stroh Rum you prefer; the ultimate revenge of the Austrian Navy! I will roll over a barrel, of course, but be advised these are not allowed on Zeppelins or most other vehiclesbe them air-, sea-, or roadbound, due to not only t's alcohol content but also because of their it's high flammability. As well, if you had some of this in one of it's stronger incarnations (it is sold with up to 80%), one poor and innocent Hilfsmaschinist could easily etch a hole in the ground of the gondola or the hull, if he can't hold it any longer.

It is said, that in a rather mounty region of Austria there once was a prison or K.u.K. Gefangenenkompanie near the small village of Lupitsch, not to far from the infamous Toplitzsee. There the residents had a drink which is now famous under the name of "Luppitscher", which is in it's very essence tea where you replace the water with Rum. Think of Stroh 80% and it is clear that you didn't need any fences there.

Prost from Vienna! 

51949014_368074487306022_6499887241001697280_n

CC

• Haha 5

On 6/7/2022 at 7:33 AM, Martian said:

There is a rumour doing the rounds that the Austrian government is planning on using the stuff as an alternative to relying on imported gas and oil supplies.

As a member of the expert group in the ongoing study, I can confirm that.

So far we came to a point after excessive testing that, considering all opposing opinions alike, Stroh Rum slightly tastes better in some application scenarios. One use case we could agree on a larger scale is, that Stroh Rum has a slightly better finish than Russian Gas when used in "Jagatee" ("Hunters Tea"), which is considered by some to be the local equivalent of the Pangalactic Gargleblaster.

But no definite outcome or decision so far.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

No Pluto yet, but maybe that pic will spark up some memories....

IMG_20220605_202718

IMG_20191109_163059

Cheers Dear tentacled one !!

However, yesterday, it was a TK !!

CC

That was the stuff you were trying to get me ******* as a newt on.*

Martian 👽

*For the record, he failed abysmally!

• Haha 5

On 6/6/2022 at 12:12 AM, Terry1954 said:

helped lead me astray, honest guv!

You don't need help leading you astray, you do well enough on your own. Has been a while since we've partaken in one of @corsaircorp social meetings, looking forward to his next.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:41 AM, perdu said:

And who dat on the right?

Dat is me.

49063210378_2f0f03d5d5_b.jpg

Is that another bottle there @Terry1954

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Martian said:

That was the stuff you were trying to get me ******* as a newt on.*

Martian 👽

*For the record, he failed abysmally!

A Newt ??🦎

I hope you grew better.....

Tssss !! It is just tasting differents beverages....:shrug:

Nobody want to see you squiffy.... :door:

I've heard from certain authorities that a drunk martian is something that one cannot forget....

Sooo, I'm a bit of a daredevil but not a suicidal one at all...:rofl2::rofl2:

Misunderstood CC

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

You don't need help leading you astray, you do well enough on your own. Has been a while since we've partaken in one of @corsaircorp social meetings, looking forward to his next.

Dat is me.

49063210378_2f0f03d5d5_b.jpg

Is that another bottle there @Terry1954

Stuart

Nope, still the fist, the second one was a Rochefort if my memory serves well....

Our distinguished Alien was on his third one, the one just before the Delirium Tremens....

I mean the beer, not the high flying status... :rofl2:

It will be for 2023 methink.

My friend Pierre is not at his best these weeks... And my wallet is seriously depleted.

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry to interrupt yet again but there is more progress to report. 

The R and U Class models just need a few minor touch ups before the hairy stick detail painting can begin. I might give the R Class ship an overall blow over with MRP Clear Doped Linen Variant 1 later today just to blend everything together a bit more. These two are actually not that far off completion at which stage I can look forward to building another R Class to represent L.33.

I might also allow myself the luxury of a quick shake and bake kit just to add a bit of variety to my modelling life. All Zeppelins can Make Martian a dull, err, Martian. Alternatively, i have had a hankering to build the old Airfix Messerschmitt ME-163 Komet for a while and with space on the bench at a premium, this might be what gets done. Fret ye not good Earthlings, there will be no letup in the production of Zeppelins.

Thanks for looking and I return you to Bedlam.

Martian 👽

121.jpg

123.jpg

122.jpg

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Martian said:

allow myself the luxury of a quick shake and bake kit

4 hours ago, Martian said:

the old Airfix Messerschmitt ME-163 Komet

Those two statements are definitely diametrically and cosmicly opposed!

The Zepplins look the biz from over the southern hills here!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do like those very much and had no idea there was such a significant level of colour variation across their structures so an education as well. Stately progress Martian.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

8-C9-DECF3-C075-4053-BD8-F-16-DE950-C092

Noticed this while doing the laundry, am I unwittingly washing socks for some tripedal alien !!!!

Not for me then, you would need another thirteen. Well, you would if I wore socks; normally I go bare tentacled.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Martian said:

Not for me then, you would need another thirteen. Well, you would if I wore socks; normally I go bare tentacled.

Martian 👽

Brilliant way not to burn or deep freeze your tentacles on earth soil....

We've got some species here on earth that cope with it the same way.....

CC

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

So long as it’s just the tentacles I’m ok…,

Oh dear! I didn't want to mention it but.....be afraid, be absolutely terrified!

Martian  👽

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Martian said:

Oh dear! I didn't want to mention it but.....be afraid, be absolutely 

Well we’re getting dangerously close to mental images that can’t be un seen….

On a random and semi related theme, did you know that if you ask most  people  to not think of Polar bears they then find it impossible not to imagine a white bear.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 3

I also love the fact that Arctic translates as Bears and Antarctic no Bears.

Which leads me to what is apparently the funniest joke in the world.

A man makes a 999 (911) call,  ‘ we’re out in the woods hunting bears and my friend has had an accident and I think he’s stopped breathing’.

To which the emergency person replies ‘ can you make sure that your friend isn’t breathing’.

Theres the sound of a scuffle followed by a gunshot….

The hunter comes back on the line, “right he’s definitely not breathing, what do I do next??”

Ok now I’m just rambling.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 9

25 minutes ago, Chief Cohiba said:

I see, this thread has reached again a point where it simply fulfills a nationwide educational task. It should become mandatory for anyone above toddler age...

Mrs Martian says that as most toddlers behave more sensibly than us lot, it should be mandatory for all life forms. 👶 

Martian (Gaa, gaa, goo, goo) 👽

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Martian said:

it should be mandatory for all life forms.

Maybe excluding toddlers, as there might be a chance for saving them from this unspeakable insanity that has us earthlings, martians, venusians or venerable citizens of the old city of R'lyeh are infected with. 

Ftaghn, says the chief...

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Chief Cohiba said:

fulfills a nationwide educational task

For enlightenment purposes or as a stark warning to future generations after the thread descends into booze-fuelled apocalyptic meltdown?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, psdavidson said:

For enlightenment purposes or as a stark warning to future generations after the thread descends into booze-fuelled apocalyptic meltdown?

I thought it already had? Better get some more pictures up.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 6