On 5/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, Martian said:

All sounds Like one of @general melchett's schemes to me.

Many a true word spoke in jest as you will see below....

Very sensible of you.

Deviation? In my threads? Surely not!

Right, you lot have asked for this: hitherto I have been avoiding posting it on line for the collective sanity of your planet. Let me introduce you to one of my alter egos; Dr Martian Furter!

IMG-20220126-190359.jpg

Are we all sorry now? There are more pictures in a similar vein. They can be posted here; or not, depending on the level and amount of bribes received.

Martian (Extorting the Galaxy since forever.) 👽

Rooooxane, you don't to put on that red shoes :rofl2::rofl2:

240580023_10224163865896699_4746859282354989644_n

The pic has been dully saved for future use....

Martian, you are an ace !!

CC

• Haha 7

On 5/20/2022 at 8:54 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

You weren't far wrong. The wise woman was burnt at the stake last month for her political comments, and leeches are now available deep fried.*

*Sweet and sour in Waddington village take away.

Deep fried leeches ???

Barbarians !!

Leeches needs to be lightly fried with a bit of garlic....

A good strong dark beer with it and it's a go go !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 7

On 5/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, Martian said:

Hi Adrian, for whatever reason the longerons don't show up in most photographs but the frames either show as dark lines or light ones if the gap between the sheets of fabric covering has been doped over. What we are really seeing when we see the dark lines is not really the frames but where the sheets of linen were laced to the frames.

Most of the P and Q Class ships were in plain linen, although the colour of said linen varied widely with age and weathering. I am going for at least three tones of linen on my models.

My 1/720 builds will be more varied as to colours as later classes of ships did have camouflage. L.31 was destroyed very soon after entering service and was in plain linen. Fellow R Class L.33 is a bit of a conundrum. Most pictures show her in linen but I have found a picture of her wreck which clearly shows one of her gondolas painted in a dark colour. There is also a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that I have seen a picture of her in black/dark grey with a large light grey and/or linen area on her upper surfaces. Trouble is that since I embarked on this project,my Zeppelin library has grown to about forty books, which adds up to an awful lot of pictures to trawl through, never mind all the pictures I have found on line! It would be great to hear from anyone who can help with sorting this one out.

L.48 Was a U Class ship and we are on much firmer ground here. We have pictures of her in the Black/dark grey scheme and there is an excellent painting by Ray Rimmel on the cover of his book "Last Flight of the L.48".

Depending on how fed up I get with churning out Zeppelins, I may well do L.25 which was transferred to the German Navy from the German Army when they decided to get out of Zeppelin operations and was subsequently upgraded to Q Class standard. This ship had black undersides, a large mottled panel on her sides with the rest of her hull being in linen.  Mark 1 Models give this ship as an option in one of their P Class kits but she could equally be modelled from their Q Class boxing or, and this really appeals to me, modelled from the Takom Q Class kit by dint of converting the kit's gondolas back to P Class standard. The choice will probably boil down to whether I can lay my tentacles on some white rub down transfers in the correct size and font.

What I am looking forward to is building another Takom kit incorporating all that I have learned thus far about building Zeppelins and passing on some tips as to how to make building the kits easier. Since starting the Takom kits I have thought of a few things I could have done more simply. Just show how wide the lengths of covering on these aircraft were, this picture gives a good idea:

original-german-real-photo-zeppelin-1-db

There you go Adrian paragraphs of modelling related "wisdom" for you. Enjoy as I suspect it won't last for long. Sorry, should have said that with most of the "Usual Suspects" taking part in this thread, there is absolutely NO chance of it lasting for long.

In other and comradely news, congratulations @Chief Cohiba, in view of your contributions to this thread. we (That is the Martian we BTW) are graciously pleased to promote you to the rank of "Usual Suspect". This is considered a great honour, one that is coveted by many, and you are expected to keep up a stream of insane banter.

Martian 👽

Wooowzaaaa !!

One more usual suspect !!! 

Soon to discover the untold pleasures of the naughty corner !!

Grüss Got @Chief Cohiba, bting on some Ströh Rum, My great grand father used to bought his reserve in Austria....

According to the gondola still visible in Musée des Armées, it was some kind of dark gray...

And supposedly for rigidity (Back at it again) reasons. The gondola are skinned in a Ju 52 fashion...

Where do I have stashed my pics ???

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, Martian said:

This one isn't! Ask @corsaircorp, he has repeatedly tried to drink me under the table at Telford. I think it was the Saturday of 2019 and I asked him if he wanted a rematch on the Sunday? He politely declined said offer with the words "I surrender!". I have also done the same to a retired Clyde puffer man who went away muttering something about the shame being bested at whiskey drinking by a Sassenach! Now hand over the booze or there won't be any Space Rangers!* :fight: 

Affronted of Mars 👽

*At least any that haven't had a Zeppelin inserted; sideways. :yikes:

Sure that one can !!

I never surrendered.... On the Sunday, I still have had enough of stuff to present to more BMers !!

Bill @perdu elected to carry his bottles up to brum, even knowing that it is pwitty daaangirous.....

I told it once more... I don't want to see this alien rolling under the tables.... I know I can at will.... Just let me preparing some cocktails....:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

I start tasting and gathering some more specialities for giving this Martian a wide range of knowledge in BB !! Not Brigitte Bardot, you fool !!

So, I attest here before gods of any sort that this Martian has been Belgian Beer Awarded !!

So if any kind of @Space Ranger try to confiscate any black bin bag in SMW sanctuary..... See below....

Type Ezechiel 25.17 for more explanations...:rofl2::rofl2:

I'll not publish it on here.....

Sincerely 

CC

How by the way !! your Di... Sorry Inflatable airship are really looking great !!

Congrats that alien !!

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, Terry1954 said:

Tis true, I saw the beginning of it with my own eyes!

Terry

Do you mean that day ??

IMG_20191109_163104

Blue Chimay !! Well played !!

CC

• Haha 4

Phew !!

Hey Martian I catch up with this very instructive Thread !!

I hope that you grew better !!

A great :mike:For all your flying panatellas....

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Do you mean that day ??

IMG_20191109_163104

Blue Chimay !! Well played !!

CC

Well there's a smoking gun if ever I saw one!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

It wos those two @Fritag and @Courageous that helped lead me astray, honest guv!

I rest my case....

T

You'll be telling us next that they held you down while Mrs Martian poured the stuff down your throat next!

Sceptical of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

Good Heavens! You mean there are actual people behind the names on this site? I thought these topics/postings were all randomly generated by a particularly disturbed AI of some sort. I know my postings could hardly be more random...

Best Regards,

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

It wos those two @Fritag and @Courageous that helped lead me astray, honest guv!

I rest my case....

T

Sooooo, I met @Fritag IRL too.... And what the ..... Arms crossed and no rocket fuel ???

Sorry about that Sir, My hospitality seem to be failible.....

1 hour ago, Martian said:

You'll be telling us that they held you down while Mrs Martian poured the stuff down your throat next!

Sceptical of Mars 👽

No worries

No Terries has been harmed in the process...

However, the headache of the next morning is not considered as a side effect....

46 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Good Heavens! You mean there are actual people behind the names on this site? I thought these topics/postings were all randomly generated by a particularly disturbed AI of some sort. I know my postings could hardly be more random...

Best Regards,

Of course they are !!

And what a great bunch of peoples.....

I can't wait for my next SMW....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see our dear departed Debs looking extremely, too. 

But I hadn't realised that Steve had run out of incahol...

Obviously a failure of the Belgique's supply line.

And who dat on the right?

With beer fergoddssake!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, perdu said:

Obviously a failure of the Belgique's supply line.

I told CC to revive the PLUTO (Pipe Line Under The Ocean) idea but would he listen? No, he knew it all and look what happened!

Martian 👽

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, Martian said:

Aside from being busy with a dose of bronchitis, this week I have been mostly painting more Zeppelins.

All the best and get well soon!

I rely on the same treatment which seems to be weapon of choice on Mars; inhale a lot of paint fumes to confuse all those nasty little sickness-causing thingies. It even work sometimes (or I feel better for other reasons, so lighthearted, soft, relieved of this earthly burden...)

Great progress, I must admit; raises the need for me to start on my own attempt. Which will stink off, of course, but hey...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Grüss Got @Chief Cohiba, bting on some Ströh Rum, My great grand father used to bought his reserve in Austria....

Gott zum Gruße back, dear Sir and initial-sharing fellow-suspect.

Aaah, Stroh Rum you prefer; the ultimate revenge of the Austrian Navy! I will roll over a barrel, of course, but be advised these are not allowed on Zeppelins or most other vehiclesbe them air-, sea-, or roadbound, due to not only t's alcohol content but also because of their it's high flammability. As well, if you had some of this in one of it's stronger incarnations (it is sold with up to 80%), one poor and innocent Hilfsmaschinist could easily etch a hole in the ground of the gondola or the hull, if he can't hold it any longer.

It is said, that in a rather mounty region of Austria there once was a prison or K.u.K. Gefangenenkompanie near the small village of Lupitsch, not to far from the infamous Toplitzsee. There the residents had a drink which is now famous under the name of "Luppitscher", which is in it's very essence tea where you replace the water with Rum. Think of Stroh 80% and it is clear that you didn't need any fences there.

Prost from Vienna! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Blimey! I didn't know there was anyone here who was fluent in Binarish!

Best Regards,

Jason

It's not the Binarish, it's the "Best Regards"....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/06/2022 at 12:20, Chief Cohiba said:

Gott zum Gruße back, dear Sir and initial-sharing fellow-suspect.

Aaah, Stroh Rum you prefer; the ultimate revenge of the Austrian Navy! I will roll over a barrel, of course, but be advised these are not allowed on Zeppelins or most other vehiclesbe them air-, sea-, or roadbound, due to not only t's alcohol content but also because of their it's high flammability. As well, if you had some of this in one of it's stronger incarnations (it is sold with up to 80%), one poor and innocent Hilfsmaschinist could easily etch a hole in the ground of the gondola or the hull, if he can't hold it any longer.

It is said, that in a rather mounty region of Austria there once was a prison or K.u.K. Gefangenenkompanie near the small village of Lupitsch, not to far from the infamous Toplitzsee. There the residents had a drink which is now famous under the name of "Luppitscher", which is in it's very essence tea where you replace the water with Rum. Think of Stroh 80% and it is clear that you didn't need any fences there.

Prost from Vienna! 

I became acquainted with Stroh many years ago on a holiday in Austria. It took several months for my facial hair to grow back after I mistakenly lit a cigar straight after having taken a large swig of the stuff. There is a rumour doing the rounds that the Austrian government is planning on using the stuff as an alternative to relying on imported gas and oil supplies. For those interested, contact Melchett Energy via their website.

22 hours ago, Learstang said:

Blimey! I didn't know there was anyone here who was fluent in Binarish!

Best Regards,

Jason

Nor did I but General Melchett says he can supply Baldrick in effluent if that helps?

22 hours ago, Learstang said:

I didn't even realise I was Gibberian.

Best Regards,

Jason

You need to be careful here: @Mike can turn anyone into anything. Look what happened to me!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Martian said:

I became acquainted with Stroh many years on a holiday in Austria. It took several months for my facial hair to grow back after I mistakenly lit a cigar straight after having taken a large swig of the stuff. There is a rumour doing the rounds that the Austrian government is planning on using the stuff as an alternative to relying on imported gas and oil supplies. For those interested, contact Melchett Energy via their website.

Nor did I but General Melchett says he can supply Baldrick in effluent if that helps?

You need to be careful here: @Mike can turn anyone into anything. Look what happened to me!

Martian 👽

No Pluto yet, but maybe that pic will spark up some memories....

IMG_20220605_202718

IMG_20191109_163059

Cheers Dear tentacled one !!

However, yesterday, it was a TK !!

CC

• Like 5