Outstanding Martian! I know these are hard plastic (and thick too), but you have managed to give them a look of delicate lightness with the painting and masking.:thumbsup: Almost expect them to start floating any second.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Once I had got the masking done, I found painting the different panels rather therapeutic and that's coming from one who enjoys building rather more than painting. I'm even looking forward to painting the Q Class. the masking for which, I have got approximately 80% done. I am even looking forward to some hairy stick action on the outriggers! Alright, which one of you lot was it that put something in my Beer? Melchett!

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Martian said:

Alright, which one of you lot was it that put something in my Beer?

Ah. Was it your house where I dropped off that cheap and out of date booze? Sorry. Mwhahahaha  :laugh:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ah. Was it your house where I dropped off that cheap and out of date booze? Sorry. Mwhahahaha  :laugh:

No, despite frequent promises, you have consistently failed to drop off any beer at Martian Towers; out of date or otherwise! You will, however, be given an opportunity to make amends in the not to distant future on the occasion of our state visit to Lincolnshire.

7 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, cheap I can believe. Booze staying undrunk long enough to go out of date? Who are you trying to kid? 😁 Regards, Jeff.

I think @Pete in Lincs assumed that everyone knows that such a deplorable case of affairs would never be allowed to happen in Oz.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Martian said:

on the occasion of our state visit to Lincolnshire.

So that's why all the flags and bunting has been put out. I did wonder.

I'm still not sure about the stocks and gallows though.

Some of the lesser known (to everyone except CC) brands can linger on the warehouse shelves.

• Haha 4

Alright, which one of you lot was it that put something in my Beer? Melchett!

I plead the fifth M'lud...but in rebuttal will simply refer you to my reply given to young Pete on page 26 of this report.

on the occasion of our state visit to Lincolnshire.

Flags are out, firing squad/honour guard standing by and local taverns put on high alert. The stables are being made ready and Baldrick has finally dug out the latrine. Your hay bail awaits.

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

Your hay bail awaits.

Is that a spelling error? Or have you already lodged money with the magistrates in case the misfortunes of a previous visit are repeated?*

*Unlikely I know. I'm told that the Donkey is now living closer to the coast under an assumed name. But one can never be too sure with Aliens.

• Haha 6

I'm told that the Donkey is now living closer to the coast under an assumed name.

True, Monty (his given name) moved to Dungeness B for a spot of R & R (Roentgens and Radiation) a while back. Poor dear suffered severe shellshock and neurasthenia as a result of being used as a goal post during one of our monthly regimental murderball matches. All charges were dropped, following a cursory investigation and proffered stipend to the magistrate, sadly though, he'll never walk in a straight line or play the piano again. 

• Haha 6

On 5/29/2022 at 4:37 AM, Martian said:

No, despite frequent promises, you have consistently failed to drop off any beer at Martian Towers; out of date or otherwise! You will, however, be given an opportunity to make amends in the not to distant future on the occasion of our state visit to Lincolnshire.

That shipment was seized as contraband by Space Rangers, as providing terrestrial alcoholic beverages of any kind to resident extraterrestrials is explicitly forbidden by interplanetary treaties due to the inability of said extraterrestrials to metabolize it in such a way as to not cause mayhem. Martians are particularly susceptible.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Space Ranger said:

That shipment was seized as contraband by Space Rangers, as providing terrestrial alcoholic beverages of any kind to resident extraterrestrials is explicitly forbidden by interplanetary treaties due to the inability of said extraterrestrials to metabolize it in such a way as to not cause mayhem. Martians are particularly susceptible.

This one isn't! Ask @corsaircorp, he has repeatedly tried to drink me under the table at Telford. I think it was the Saturday of 2019 and I asked him if he wanted a rematch on the Sunday? He politely declined said offer with the words "I surrender!". I have also done the same to a retired Clyde puffer man who went away muttering something about the shame being bested at whiskey drinking by a Sassenach! Now hand over the booze or there won't be any Space Rangers!* :fight: 

Affronted of Mars 👽

*At least any that haven't had a Zeppelin inserted; sideways. :yikes:

• Haha 8

Coming together very nicely Martin. If you haven't been to the art shop yet, look out for graphite pencils in silvery tones. Very handy for eroded metal surfaces.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Martian said:

he has repeatedly tried to drink me under the table at Telford. I think it was the Saturday of 2019

Tis true, I saw the beginning of it with my own eyes!

Terry

• Haha 2

Right, having quashed thar particular rebellion from the Space Rangers, although the diverted beer has yet to show up, I shall indulge, if I may, in another attempt to get some more modelling into this thread. Futile in the long run, I accept but as @general melchett is always saying, when all else fails, a stubborn refusal to look facts in the face will see us through!

Aside from being busy with a dose of bronchitis, this week I have been mostly painting more Zeppelins. The Mark 1 Models R and U Class have been receiving their plumage. These will be L.31 and L.48 respectively. A further R Class will get built as L.33. the plan being that each Zeppelin that I have an artifact for will be accompanied by a model of the actual aircraft Further Zepps that have an interesting back story and/or colour scheme behind them can have models added at leisure.

Tonight, here is where we are at with the L.31and L.48. The Takom Q Class is not quite ready for pictures yet but I should be able to have some pictures of her up next week. I want to do a bit more on the L.48 but I have run out of the correct size masking tape and am very low on airbrush cleaner. Further supplies are on order.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

117.jpg

119.jpg

118.jpg

120.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

Gidday Martian, these are progressing well. Seeing the black and grey zepps gives me an idea. If you could make detachable conning towers amidships and propellers at the stern these could double up as models of nuclear submarines. Two models for the price of one.

Regards, Thrifty of Earth, Jeff.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Little beauties. Get well soon. 

BTW, Do you know when the Space Rangers will be back to let me out of this pubs' beer cellar?

Thanks Pete. Unsure about the Space Rangers though. Normally they would be along when they had drunk all the beer they nicked, however, word is that at the moment they are all in hiding for fear of a rampaging and very thirsty alien being, toting a very large blurglecruncheon in one tentacle and the hull of a Takom Zeppelin in the other. I suspect they may be some time.

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

I have a feeling his supplies of that are low as well, I'm pretty sure he told me he uses it as a lubricant/expectorant/deodorant/laxative.  

Mostly correct Melchie but with the fybro, the last thing you need to be doing is giving me is a laxative! :toilet: Unless of course you are hunkered down in a nuclear bunker and preferably one that is on a completely different planet. Lady Melchett advises me that you always seem to be on another planet, so you should be safe anyway.

26 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Martian, these are progressing well. Seeing the black and grey zepps gives me an idea. If you could make detachable conning towers amidships and propellers at the stern these could double up as models of nuclear submarines. Two models for the price of one.

Regards, Thrifty of Earth, Jeff.

Thanks Jeff. You are however, a very silly Antipodean; although I'm pretty sure that I am far from the first person to have told you this.

Parched of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Martian said:

You are however, a very silly Antipodean; although I'm pretty sure that I am far from the first person to have told you this.

Gidday Martian, I've been called many things. A very silly Antipodean is one of the more polite descriptions. Thanks.

Regards, Flattered of Earth, Jeff.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

he told me he uses it as a lubricant/expectorant/deodorant/laxative.  

Well if my big fat Greek wedding ( the film, not my wedding as I’m not; nor is my  nearest and dearest Greek) can be believed it ( well windex) can be used for almost anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Little beauties. Get well soon. 

BTW, Do you know when the Space Rangers will be back to let me out of this pubs' beer cellar?

Why? have you consumed all the beer Pete?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

He could well have. Certainly Martian Towers remains uncontaminated by the stuff!

Disillusioned of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

Lady Melchett advises me that you always seem to be on another planet, so you should be safe anyway.

True, true but knowing my luck that'll be the one planet you happen to choose to ablute...

Of course he has, he lives in Waddington for Odin's sake.....not one abstainer in the village (the evil influence of her Maj's Royal Air Force methunks, goes back donkey's years).

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Martian said:

I suspect they may be some time.

Just what I need. Would you care to donate one of your spare bladders please? Another kidney or two would also be rather handy.

• Haha 3