On 5/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, Martian said:

As such, I am doing a lot of research into Zeppelin raids on this country; especially the "Theatre Land" raid of the night of 13th/14th October

Sorry, been away a while, for some other cigar-shaped oddities (I've grown a strange favour of modern day submarines). I'm afraid I can't add to that. I have a newspaper from 1912 and a book from that time, concerning the Zeppelin-mission to Spitzbergen, but not anything specific about this period. I do have some period correct material on some later type jalopies though, so i one of your current builds involves the following: 

43635938xm.jpg

It covers the following types:

43635940ov.jpg

43635941ei.jpg

I should have a look in some of my favourite antiquarian stores, this could be an interesting topic....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

My thoughts too Tony, thought I'd seen that somewhere before, 

1-1000-F-185066006-dq-Jr-Ezg-FNJtmu9-E5-

The inspiration is obviously a result of the melding of his twin obsessions of gasbag modelling and deeply routed personal habits....an unholy alliance, even for a Martian...hold up, I'll get Gag Halfront on the line, he needs the money.

In one of my more clear moments I already got the idea,that this WIP is not one that follows the straightest of lines, all remarks solely aiming at the mere point of building a 1/350 model of an ancient airship. May I be correct, if I found myself noticing the slightest of deviation now and then?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, TheBaron said:

For several deeply unsettling moments I was confronted by the prospect that this was going to be a representation of the little known Pringle night-camouflage scheme, responsible for causing such havoc amongst the 3rd Argyle Anti-Aircraft Rgt. on the night of 17th-18th October 1917 that the entire unit had to be removed from front-line service due to shattered morale occasioned by visions of 'The Great Sky Sock'.

Many military historians consider this the first modern use of psyops. Except Max Hastings: he maintains it was a semi-religious hallucination on a par with 'The Ankle of Mons'.

All sounds Like one of @general melchett's schemes to me.

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

My thoughts too Tony, thought I'd seen that somewhere before, 

1-1000-F-185066006-dq-Jr-Ezg-FNJtmu9-E5-

The inspiration is obviously a result of the melding of his twin obsessions of gasbag modelling and deeply routed personal habits....an unholy alliance, even for a Martian...hold up, I'll get Gag Halfront on the line, he needs the money.

(public domain image, not Lady M, sadly)

Many a true word spoke in jest as you will see below....

1 hour ago, Galligraphics said:

Mrs Galligraphics has often suggested that she be allowed to tidy my workshop and also my display shelves. As this would most likely involve the hiring of a skip, I have so far declined her kind offer…

Very sensible of you.

17 minutes ago, Chief Cohiba said:

In one of my more clear moments I already got the idea,that this WIP is not one that follows the straightest of lines, all remarks solely aiming at the mere point of building a 1/350 model of an ancient airship. May I be correct, if I found myself noticing the slightest of deviation now and then?

Deviation? In my threads? Surely not!

Right, you lot have asked for this: hitherto I have been avoiding posting it on line for the collective sanity of your planet. Let me introduce you to one of my alter egos; Dr Martian Furter!

IMG-20220126-190359.jpg

Are we all sorry now? There are more pictures in a similar vein. They can be posted here; or not, depending on the level and amount of bribes received.

Martian (Extorting the Galaxy since forever.) 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Martian said:

Are we all sorry now? There are more pictures in a similar vein. They can be posted here; or not, depending on the level and amount of bribes received.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  my eyes.

starting bid of £10 not to post more

Tim (wishing he had not browsed britmodeller at  work and this post has a NSFW flag)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Martian said:

IMG-20220126-190359.jpg

Martian (Extorting the Galaxy since forever.) 👽

I'll have to say, now that this image has been indelibly seared into my synapses that image alone has done as much to curve the spine, blow the mind and I daresay totally lost the war for the Allies.. Also , Our dear Martian is Available for birthdays, weddings and bar mitzvahs and the occasional strip mall grand openings.

• Haha 3

IMG-20220126-190359.jpg

'There's no place like home, we're not in Kansas any more, Toto'.....Baldrick tells me that, other than the incongruous name tags draped around his neck, he thinks he/she/it (insert preferred pronouns or expletives) scrubs up rather well. If I were to tell you that this was one of his more modest costumes you'd begin to see the trouble we're in. If I recall this was on his way to the BBC studios for his stint on the panel of Question Time, Marsxit with fellow crosstumier Eddie Izzard and a somewhat perplexed Nigel Farage.

• Haha 11

OK, the original post was bed enough, but do you all need to keep copy/pasting it so we have to see it again....and AGAIN????

That was obviously taken just after the infamous "fall through the roof and straddle the beam" episode.

No sympathy any more.

None.

Sorry.

Ian

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

IMG-20220126-190359.jpg

'There's no place like home, we're not in Kansas any more, Toto'.....Baldrick tells me that, other than the incongruous name tags draped around his neck, he thinks he/she/it (insert preferred pronouns or expletives) scrubs up rather well. If I were to tell you that this was one of his more modest costumes you'd begin to see the trouble we're in. If I recall this was on his way to the BBC studios for his stint on the panel of Question Time, Marsxit with fellow crosstumier Eddie Izzard and a somewhat perplexed Nigel Farage.

And I'll bet Eddie Izzard was jealous as all get out.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

IMG-20220126-190359.jpg

You will not be surprised to learn that the Fair Elaine, she of the Battle Y fronts incident, had more than a hand in this!

9 hours ago, Galligraphics said:

Just guessing but I suspect the jump to the left would have been somewhat difficult…?

And you will be surprised to learn that I did manage the Time Warp, not once but twice, although doing it in four inch heels without breaking one's tentacles, was a bit tricky.

9 hours ago, Brandy said:

OK, the original post was bed enough, but do you all need to keep copy/pasting it so we have to see it again....and AGAIN????

That was obviously taken just after the infamous "fall through the roof and straddle the beam" episode.

No sympathy any more.

None.

Sorry.

Ian

No sympathy? It could,and may well get worse: much worse. Be afraid, be very afraid! :frantic:

As it happens, I wish I had known forty years ago that all needed to have young women throwing themselves at me was to put on a pair of fishnets and some heels even if I had died of exhaustion! What was more than slightly disturbing was that Mrs Martian, suitably dressed as Columbia, was telling said young ladies that they could have me if they could take me away!

🎵 I'm a sweet transvestite Martian etc 🎵 👽

• Haha 9

You will not be surprised to learn that the Fair Elaine, she of the Battle Y fronts incident, had more than a hand in this!

Indeed, her reach is far and wide her influence terrible in its countenance.... 

As it happens, I wish I had known forty years ago that all needed to have young women throwing themselves at me was to put on a pair of fishnets and some heels even if I had died of exhaustion! What was more than slightly disturbing was that Mrs Martian, suitably dressed as Columbia, was telling said young ladies that they could have me if they could take me away!

I think you may have misread what was being said, old sausage....the women throwing themselves at you were dressed in white coats, the gimp mask, handcuffs, blurglechruncheons and cattle prods were for their protection.  Once they'd managed to get the straightjacket on you they could reclaim their lingerie and footwear, all while waiting for the paddy wagon to roll up.

I think Napoleon XIV summed it up best...

• Haha 8

I wonder who it was that started this fishnet drift?:hmmm: Oh look! The record seems to state that it was a certain denizen of Melchett Towers, Much-Snivelling-in-the-Swamp, Lincs! Bad General, naughty General. By the way, Georgina says can she have her hosiery back please General but you can keep the regimental suspender belt.

Martian 👽 

• Haha 7

Hi-yer Martian.            I think you should hold on to this outfit a little longer, say until the IPMS AGM………… or just for judging at  SMW 2022    why fit in with the madding crowd? 🧐      As a non conformist this is a little too far off piste.  😬 

😛

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, amos brierley said:

Hi-yer Martian.            I think you should hold on to this outfit a little longer, say until the IPMS AGM………… or just for judging at  SMW 2022    why fit in with the madding crowd? 🧐      As a non conformist this is a little too far off piste.  😬 

😛

You have no idea just how piste I can get Amos. Oh, you mean that sort of piste! Sorry tentacle trouble there. I am given to understand that the General's and my costumier is preparing something extra silly for SMW,  I decided a few years ago that I was going to grow old as disgracefully and outrageously as possible. How am I doing?Do I need to try harder?

The outfit will be used again but in a new and "improved" form. I can't wait for the Rocky Horror Show to come round again but for some strange reason Mrs Martian is now saying that I am not allowed to go by myself. I can't think why; with all those young women to "look after" me what could possibly go wrong? I the meantime I shall go and have a very cold shower and conduct some more Zeppelin worrying.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

On 5/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, Martian said:

Deviation? In my threads? Surely not!

I think, I have read about this deeper understanding of geometry before, where straight and parallel lines not only do meet in a distant point, but rather bend their parallelity and straightness to loops, strange knots and - after those psychedelic straws from the seventies have disappeared - things never been considered possible even by the flexiblest of the most flexible contortionist. Was it Lovecraft, maybe?

Anyway, I suggest to name this geometry, this reaching-beyond-non-Euclidian-thinking, simply the "Martian Geometry". And I work on a thesis, that will be known as the "Cohibian Amendment". 

Uhm - Zeppelin? What Zeppelin?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Chief Cohiba said:

I think, I have read about this deeper understanding of geometry before, where straight and parallel lines not only do meet in a distant point, but rather bend their parallelity and straightness to loops, strange knots and - after those psychedelic straws from the seventies have disappeared - things never been considered possible even by the flexiblest of the most flexible contortionist. Was it Lovecraft, maybe?

Anyway, I suggest to name this geometry, this reaching-beyond-non-Euclidian-thinking, simply the "Martian Geometry". And I work on a thesis, that will be known as the "Cohibian Amendment". 

Uhm - Zeppelin? What Zeppelin?

I trust that has made things clear to everybody and that we all now know how to moor a vessel of the Austrian Navy should the need arise.

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Er nice rigging. I'm trying to blot the rest from my memory....

Regards,

Adrian

Not to worry Adrian,Mrs Martian says that should you forget, she has plenty more pictures where that came from. I' just hoping she has lost the one of the incident with a Sea Vixen, a bath, a Martian and a pink inflatable flamingo! What's that Dear? You haven't? Methinks we had all better behave. It would make even the General cringe.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's alright for you lot. After this, I've been put back on the dried frog pills again!

I thought they were still using leeches in your part of the world and still going to see the wise women instead of the doctor. Clearly I was wrong and advanced medicine has reached Lincolnshire.

Corrected of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

You weren't far wrong. The wise woman was burnt at the stake last month for her political comments, and leeches are now available deep fried.*

*Sweet and sour in Waddington village take away.

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You weren't far wrong. The wise woman was burnt at the stake last month for her political comments, and leeches are now available deep fried.*

*Sweet and sour in Waddington village take away.

But do you get chips with those leeches? Asking for a friend.:innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3