On 4/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, Martian said:

The jigs will be doubly useful as I have another three

Erm....Martian mathematics is obviously based on different definitions of 3 and double! 

I hate to ask what the General was doing wearing a kilt in Lincoln, but I do hope the camera work was done by our Bill @perdu to save the viewers from a horrific sight!

Ian

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, Martian said:

What it was that the General was supposed to have done, the programme did not say.

I can only report that RAF Waddington is on lockdown (one of their jets is (ahem) 'mislaid', and Waddington village is coned off to through traffic.

This makes it difficult for us to resupply the local boozers (Not to mention the Officers mess!). I suspect that pints of locally brewed old sporran were involved!

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Brandy said:

Erm....Martian mathematics is obviously based on different definitions of 3 and double! 

I hate to ask what the General was doing wearing a kilt in Lincoln, but I do hope the camera work was done by our Bill @perdu to save the viewers from a horrific sight!

Ian

Evil child! Behave lest we have you locked in a cell overnight with a very hungover General, three nights if you are doubly naughty! :tease:

Martian 👽

PS: Be warned that I am currently down with a dose of Covid and consequently, am even more blurglecruncheonhappy than usual. :fight:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Knock yourself out! (Does that sound wrong?)

The way I am feeling at the moment,knocking myself out sounds quite a good plan!

Off Colour of Mars* 👽

*Before anyone asks, I have gone Mr Blobby Pink with yellow spots.

• Haha 5

Sorry to heat that Martian !!

I hope that you'll grew better quickly !!

Blobby pink is reassuring... 

Purple would have been deeply worrying....

Now, if the spots turn green, I reccomend a double dosis of Blue Chimay, the white one, you know the one labelled triple will do the job too...

But only if you did'nt have any kilt at home

An for God sake, no bag pipe or fiddle...

Stay safe my friend !!

I hope that I make you smile !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Martian said:

PS: Be warned that I am currently down with a dose of Covid and consequently, am even more blurglecruncheonhappy than usual. :fight:

I hope you're feeling better and back in the saddle again soon Martian. I've had that nasty bug and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Especially Our Martian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Get better soon and back to Zeppelin fondling when you feel more like it. I suggest a retiral to bed with good book and hot drink of choice. Personally I’d avoid alcohol but a hot 🍋 (a third squeezed in) slice with a tablespoon of honey 🍯 and a touch of sugar always works wonders for me and Mrs T 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Brandy said:
On 4/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, Martian said:

The jigs will be doubly useful as I have another three

Gidday, actually I understand Martian mathematics - I waterlined a ship hull twice to give me three 'halves'. The top half got re-glued to the bottom half and the middle half got discarded.

I thought Covid was something that affected us humans, but obviously it's mutated again to cross the human/extraterrestrial divide. I hope you get better soon. Blobby pink with yellow spots does not conjure up a pretty image.

Regards, Sympathetic of Earth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

I hope you're feeling better and back in the saddle again soon Martian. I've had that nasty bug and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Especially Our Martian.

Thanks Loren. Fortunately, this time round, although still unpleasant, it is nowhere near as bad as when I had it at the start of the pandemic. That was the most ill I have ever felt by a country mile.

7 hours ago, JohnT said:

Get better soon and back to Zeppelin fondling when you feel more like it. I suggest a retiral to bed with good book and hot drink of choice. Personally I’d avoid alcohol but a hot 🍋 (a third squeezed in) slice with a tablespoon of honey 🍯 and a touch of sugar always works wonders for me and Mrs T 

Cheers John, it's not too bad this time round but as Her Majesty the Queen remarked the other day, the fatigue is the most frustrating thing. It took me over an hour to make two tiny vents for one of the gondolas. I then slept from 11.00 to 19.15H; such a waste of time.

Frustrated of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

oh dear. Martians famously don't get on with earthly bacteria......

You Earthlings are regarded as having the nastiest microbes in the Galaxy. The Solar System parish council has recently decreed that you have two large yellow plague warning flags, of a thousand square miles placed at each of your planet's poles.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Martian said:

You Earthlings are regarded as having the nastiest microbes in the Galaxy. 

Martian 👽

You are telling me ! - My sixteen year old's bedroom is testament to that

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, Brandy said:

Ian

Clearly the camera work was not done by Perdu  as said General was clearly visible and audible on the programme; to the distress of many of the viewing public one suspects.

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

You are telling me ! - My sixteen year old's bedroom is testament to that

:rofl2:

51 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Teenagers....Nature's petri dish

:rofl2: :rofl2:

In other more Zepp related news, decided that I will never be quite happy with those outriggers and took the decision this morning to have another bash at doing them from brass again. I have also got thoroughly peed off having to keep repairing them. If I can do all that microscopic soldering I did on the 1/720 R Class outriggers, I should be able to manage it in 1/350 right? I have a week or so to wait for the bases for the Zepps to arrive which will delay painting, I am going to use them to hold the models while paint dries, so I might as well use the time constructively.

I am feeling somewhat improved today so I might have some progress to report sooner rather than later.

Martian 👽

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Martian said:

Clearly the camera work was not done by Perdu  as said General was clearly visible and audible on the programme; to the distress of many of the viewing public one suspects.

:rofl2:

:rofl2: :rofl2:

In other more Zepp related news, decided that I will never be quite happy with those outriggers and took the decision this morning to have another bash at doing them from brass again. I have also got thoroughly peed off having to keep repairing them. If I can do all that microscopic soldering I did on the 1/720 R Class outriggers, I should be able to manage it in 1/350 right? I have a week or so to wait for the bases for the Zepps to arrive which will delay painting, I am going to use them to hold the models while paint dries, so I might as well use the time constructively.

I am feeling somewhat improved today so I might have some progress to report sooner rather than later.

Martian 👽

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nice that the Zeppelin kits are in 1/350th scale to directly compare with warship models in the same scale.

I live about 7 miles from the airship hangars at Cardington in Bedfordshire, from where the ill fated R101 Airship set off.

Never seen any kits of this famous airship although it is probably almost as widely known as the Zeppelins.

The huge hangars house Cardington Studios where massive film sets are built up for many blockbuster movies.

They are that big that Disney could set up a complete Star Wars theme park in one of them and there is loads of room outside for extensive car parking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Nice that the Zeppelin kits are in 1/350th scale to directly compare with warship models in the same scale.

I live about 7 miles from the airship hangars at Cardington in Bedfordshire, from where the ill fated R101 Airship set off.

Never seen any kits of this famous airship although it is probably almost as widely known as the Zeppelins.

The huge hangars house Cardington Studios where massive film sets are built up for many blockbuster movies.

They are that big that Disney could set up a complete Star Wars theme park in one of them and there is loads of room outside for extensive car parking.

FROG did a nice kit of the R-100 which occasionally surfaces under some of The Eastern European outfits. How easy it might be to convert the kit to the R-101, I can't comment.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Martian said:

You Earthlings are regarded as having the nastiest microbes in the Galaxy. The Solar System parish council has recently decreed that you have two large yellow plague warning flags, of a thousand square miles placed at each of your planet's poles.

Martian 👽

The Space Rangers have been ordered to detain and inspect any freighters arriving from Mars and its moons, as Martian pomegranates are allegedly the source of most of these nasty microbes! They are said to resemble early 20th century Earth Zeppelins, but on a much smaller scale.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

There's free 1/700 paper models of R100, R101, airship mooring mast, one of the cardington sheds, Graf Zeppelin and more here:- https://currell.net/models/mod_free.htm?filter=airship#filter_tabs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Feeling much better today, although still testing positive for Covid so still confined to barracks and have run out of beer (serious sense of humour failure alert status red).

I did however get the outriggers on the Q Class done and have made a start on the same for the P Class. A heads up here. Although I took the measurement's for the outriggers from the kit parts and double checked them. Either the outriggers are too shallow or the kit propellers are too long. These are commendably finely moulded but I don't think they will take too kindly to being reshaped. I can get round this on the Q Class by making some prop blurs, there is no way in Zarquon's Universe that I am going to dismantle that little lot and do it all over again. I have added 2mm to the height of the outriggers on the P Class and that should be fine.

I have got the bases for the first tranche of airships ordered and this has cheered me up considerably as I can see that I am getting closer to getting the display on the road. I can just about get away with six models but an ideal will be about ten, fortunately most of them in 1/720 scale.

Next up, more soldering and if I fancy a little light relief, there are always more vents and intakes to make for the gondolas on the P Class.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

094.jpg

095.jpg

097.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

• Like 21

As the nominated soldering "expert", I’d like to throw a compliment in your direction, Martian. Very tidy and neat. The right tools for the job and practice makes perfect. :like:

I bet you’ll be glad to finally invert the models so they’re right side up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heather Kay said:

I bet you’ll be glad to finally invert the models so they’re right side up!

And not to have to stand on my head while I am working on them!

Thanks for the comments Heather; coming from you that is a real confidence booster.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martian said:

and have run out of beer

That is serious! As just discussed, I would have offered to bring some over for a doorstep drop, but as I am also today afflicted with a positive Covid result. I reckon we have caught the very rare PH variant!

I must say your brass work is rather splendid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1