Years ago, I tried a french cheese...

They call it Epoisse.....

So the theory about smell and taste did'nt work for me......

As I'm careful I had 2 Blue Chimay right at hand...

This damn cheese stayed a mere 2 second in my mouth but it was enough....

So, I'm back at Cheddar !!

Happy new year to you all my friends !!

Just hope that I'll attend SMW 2022 with my black bin bag !!!

I have a certain ETI that look like a thirsty one...:violin::violin:

I'll not forget the Kwack.... and the Corne du bois du pendu.....

And another one brewed here in the next village... Called "Non, peut être"

Sincerely

CC

• Like 5

We thank you for your new year messages of good will and return the compliments. Here on Planet Wibble, things have already taken a nose dive as some numpty seems to have invited the President of Vogon to broadcast a special New Years poem on all radio and TV stations. Supplies of ear plugs and camembert have already run out and I have decided to invite myself to Baldrick's New Year's Gala Dinner as a healthy alternative.

Martian 👽

• Haha 11

I have decided to invite myself to Baldrick's New Year's Gala Dinner as a healthy alternative.

Oh dear lord, hope you're keen on dog droppings in glue or as Baldrick likes to call it 'Filet Mignon in Béarnaise sauce'...if you fancy anything half decent to eat pop across to Saturn on the way here and enlist the help of one of their cordon-blue amoebas, you'll thank me later.

• Haha 5

Baldrick's New Year's Gala Dinner?! And I wasn't invited!? Oh well, I suppose I'll have to comfort myself by reading Miss Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings' 10 volume boxed set of poems, 'Rotting Swans'. Happy New Year to all!

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, europapete said:

how the food is on Lufthansa?

Hmm last time I flew lufthansa was 1991, I remember leather seats and a free bar service but strangely enough not a lot else... 

Brave man to be flying anywhere with omicron on the up.. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, Martian said:

You're not referring to this little chap are you?

I have to confess that I had not thought about the effects of too much sauerkraut mixing with hydrogen. Clearly the chaps flying these contraptions were even braver than I thought!

Martian 👽

Now Dear Martian....

We also have this one.....

270231644_2257921011016520_6779239526364941754_n

Showing to remind me that I got 2 Hurricanes waiting on my bench....

I hope that you and your good Lady had a great new year day !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, europapete said:

been decades since I've flown LH. But I do remember it was a very nice airline.

Been years here, but at least not decades. Last trip was 2016 from Frankfurt to LA in an Airbus 380, which definitely was an improvement over the 747.

Depends a bit of the distance; long range is ok, I'd say, if you're not expecting french high cuisine or a perfect ribeye grilled a-point. Short and mid range is more a chance to have breakfast before or dinner afterwards, and have a rather frugal flight. They serve sandwiches which will astounish you, nevertheless; how could something so dry have so much fluids dripping out, that it will unavoidingly land on your trousers. 

A hop over the pont should qualify for a proper meal, I guess! Enjoy a german beer, if you have  a chance to. I think they either serve Warsteiner or Bitburger, which both are fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, europapete said:

Will definately try the the beer Chief

If in Munich and you have some time between the flights, try and get some Augustiner Edelstoff. It's my favourite right now. 🍻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, europapete said:

kk, an hour and a half layover should be long enough for a pint or three! 

Do not try it with Belgian Rocket fuel.... :giggle::giggle:

CC

Actually CC, a good mix of Europe's best brews and a plate full of roasted sprouts should make me very popular on the connecting flight. If the crew would open the back door and pass me a cig lighter, I could probably cut the flight time in half!

• Haha 7

On 1/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, europapete said:

Actually CC, a good mix of Europe's best brews and a plate full of roasted sprouts should make me very popular on the connecting flight. If the crew would open the back door and pass me a cig lighter, I could probably cut the flight time in half!

Sure it would !! :jump_fire:

Now Guys, I'm itchicking for my trip back to Venus...

Our Dear @Martian is an helpfull hand !!

271151595_1056502668535862_2852542866432761217_n

We will study the effect of sideral hyperespace on the Blue Chimay....

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 2

Huzzah! I have finally got to the end of touching up the frame lines and eliminating all the gouges I can find. Mr Surfacer can take care of any that have sneaked in under the radar. I can now crack on with finishing the sanding and polishing of the hulls. This process can be a bit tricky around the tail surfaces and I think with me next build I will tape the two halves of the rear part of the hull together at the desired frame points with the 3M (3mm) masking tape and do the scribing then. I can always tidy up where the seam lines of the hull impinge on the lines after the hull has been fully assembled. This will also have the advantage of making the two hull halves easier to handle, resulting in less slippage during the scribing process. Why didn't I think of that a few weeks ago? :doh:

One thing, other than the sheer boredom of the fill, sand, and re-scribe as necessary that has been getting on our Galactic wick is the tendency for the ships to roll about all over the place, risking damage to the models. Today, I hit on another plan, which no doubt you have already thought of. :doh: :banghead:This was to make a double cradle for the models from a cut down old box. this also acts as a tray for a few tools and means that I can sit in front of the TV, when there is actually something worth watching that is, and keep Mrs Martian company while I restore the finish to the hulls. The cradle will also hold the models when I come to work on the detail bits and pieces, effectively giving me an extra tentacle.

Thanks for looking,

Martian 👽

PS: Can someone make @Ex-FAAWAFU sit down before breaking the news very gently that a case of actual modelling has broken out on one of my threads!

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Martian said:

PS: Can someone make @Ex-FAAWAFU sit down before breaking the news very gently that a case of actual modelling has broken out on one of my threads!

For goodness sake!: even the thought of something so absurd happening is beyond me; let alone having to break the news to someone. (And yes I’m punctuating line William Shattner speaks, can’t let the semi Colin  (er that should be Colon not Colin, (although there is of course a Blackadder allusion  in my autocorrect) ) fall out of use)  

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Scribing, cardboard butchery and an extra tentacle? Lawks a mercy! Call out the National Guard! 

However, looking at that picture, all I can say is, FIRE ONE!

I dunno- last time I saw something that long and tubular, it was stuffed with Italian meats, tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce! :giggle:

Mike

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I dunno- last time I saw something that long and tubular, it was stuffed with Italian meats, tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce! :giggle:

Mike

I can think of other things,but this is a family forum, so I will leave it that😈 

To quote Pete in Lincs  Fnaaaar

• Haha 4