Is this the moment in this build, when a Zeppelin, which is an airship filled with exploding gas, biological warfare, with banned and lethal gaseous substances, used in the same period as those glorious airships,  and the term "Sauerkraut" (which in it's short term has become a rather offending nickname for the natives of the nation where Zeppelins where build, northwest from our little region of Austria) come together?

It must have happened. It was unavoidable! Don't play with fire, now. No, I mean that literally! :jump_fire:

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

... These venusian squirrels are amazing ... is'nt it ??

CC

You're not referring to this little chap are you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59819349

Or perhaps this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-59650985

3 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Going back to the '36 Olympics story.

Was there a mixed doubles version of this sport? And if so, was it carried out in a synchronised fashion.

Or was the second participant's role (Would it be inappropriate to refer to them as "Number Twos"?) Restricted to pulling their team mate's finger?

Asking for a friend.

IanJ 

As one of the world's leading experts on the sport @general melchettis probably better qualified than I to answer your questions or possibly Lady M on the grounds that she has to live with him.

3 hours ago, Chief Cohiba said:

Is this the moment in this build, when a Zeppelin, which is an airship filled with exploding gas, biological warfare, with banned and lethal gaseous substances, used in the same period as those glorious airships,  and the term "Sauerkraut" (which in it's short term has become a rather offending nickname for the natives of the nation where Zeppelins where build, northwest from our little region of Austria) come together?

It must have happened. It was unavoidable! Don't play with fire, now. No, I mean that literally! :jump_fire:

I don't play with fire, it's CC we need to worry about.

I have to confess that I had not thought about the effects of too much sauerkraut mixing with hydrogen. Clearly the chaps flying these contraptions were even braver than I thought!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Martian said:

I have to confess that I had not thought about the effects of too much sauerkraut mixing with hydrogen. Clearly the chaps flying these contraptions were even braver than I thought!

Sauerkraut's harm is caused by it's bioactive indirect effect, which produces methan, which, in turn in combination with hydrogen is thought to be an alternative for gasoline, as far as I understood. It's called Hythan. Anyway. It burns and it stinks (at least sauerkraut stinks). Even the germans don't consider it as an alternative form of energy, though they're phasing out atomic and conventional energies.

The swedes do. But they have something like surströmming as well.

• Haha 3

Sauerkraut's harm is caused by it's bioactive indirect effect, which produces methan, which, in turn in combination with hydrogen is thought to be an alternative for gasoline, as far as I understood. It's called Hythan. Anyway. It burns and it stinks (at least sauerkraut stinks). Even the germans don't consider it as an alternative form of energy, though they're phasing out atomic and conventional energies.

Pffft...a mere trifle when compared to the contents of Baldrick's codpiece. Records show that German scientists were diverted from V-2 development to harness the unholy power contained within his loin cloth, it was even muted to be the core power source under development by Viktor Schauberger for his Repulsine engine experiments (not to mention 'Die Glock').... a true Vengeance Weapon, a 'Wunderwaffle' if you will... 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

As an English man with German roots, I'm just so glad that the two cultures maintained a close but separate relationship. Can you imagine what could happen at family Christmas dinners if Brussels sprouts and sauerkraut had come together in the vicinity of lit candles and copious quantities of beer?

Ian

• Haha 9

38 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Can you imagine what could happen at family Christmas dinners if Brussels sprouts and sauerkraut had come together in the vicinity of lit candles and copious quantities of beer?

Simple, most of us wouldn't be here!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

On 12/15/2021 at 6:30 AM, Martian said:

Sheep.jpg

That appears to be a pirated copy of a photo of Shebaa the Sheep, beloved mascot of Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University’s School of Animal Husbandry (motto: “Where the Boys are Men and the Sheep are Nervous.”).

• Haha 6

If I may, I shall try and update members with how things stand with the Zeppelins. Plastic worrying has indeed taken place. The Q Class has now caught up with the P Class and both are at the stage where polishing of the hulls has begun. The trouble with this is that it keeps bringing to light more scratches, a, where the scriber has, despite one's best efforts, gone astray and b, where violence was needed to get the fore and aft halves of the hulls to match up. However, the filling of gouges is reducing and a tiny light at the end of the tunnel can be seen. I have not bothered with any pictures this time as they would be little different to what has already been posted. I will get some up when I am happy with how the hulls look.

In an effort to keep you entertained, Korvettenkapitain Strasser has now been cleaned up and has a coat of primer curing. At least that will provide some small measure of diversion for you when I get painting.

The mayhem may now resume. Oh look, @Space Rangerhas resumed it even before I finish these words. Quelle surprise!

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Martian said:

If I may, I shall try and update members with how things stand with the Zeppelins. Plastic worrying has indeed taken place. The Q Class has now caught up with the P Class and both are at the stage where polishing of the hulls has begun. The trouble with this is that it keeps bringing to light more scratches, a, where the scriber has, despite one's best efforts, gone astray and b, where violence was needed to get the fore and aft halves of the hulls to match up. However, the filling of gouges is reducing and a tiny light at the end of the tunnel can be seen. I have not bothered with any pictures this time as they would be little different to what has already been posted. I will get some up when I am happy with how the hulls look.

In an effort to keep you entertained, Korvettenkapitain Strasser has now been cleaned up and has a coat of primer curing. At least that will provide some small measure of diversion for you when I get painting.

The mayhem may now resume. Oh look, @Space Rangerhas resumed it even before I finish these words. Quelle surprise!

Martian 👽

Well done on the blimps Great admiral...

Nope this one....

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1510715625744693

He was after our peanuts and cheese cubes....

The supreme headquarters of the Venusian naughty corner took a decision...

We all voted the buying of this special grease.... @Space Ranger bring it from a planet... I forgot the name of that place....

Then @LorenSharp and @72modeler raised the pole and saved the day....

Of course, we had a drink on this victory...

Happy new year to you all, I'll have a beer or two on this too !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

We all voted the buying of this special grease.... @Space Ranger bring it from a planet... I forgot the name of that place....

Zorbat grease from the fourth moon of Gheldu. The Zorbats of Gheldu IV are much like terrestrial squirrels, except they have six legs. They exude the grease from glands above their aftmost foot pads when pursued by a predator, causing the pursuing predator to lose traction, spin out, and give up the chase. Zorbat grease is highly prized for its lubricative qualities; aboard the Orbit Jet we use it to lubricate the spurving bearings of our turboencabulator to minimize sinusoidal depleneration in the nofer trunnions. It is also an excellent skin emollient when refined to eliminate the stink.

• Haha 9

we use it to lubricate the spurving bearings of our turboencabulator to minimize sinusoidal depleneration in the nofer trunnions.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was used to delaminate the colonic linings of the hepatic flatulosity-baffleflaps on the vestibular gassy pyrosphincter to allow gruffulation and endoflatulizing of the smelly transtage whiffyvalves, but what do I know.

Good news on your Teutonic airbags Martian...looking forward to photo evidence of all this bi-styro-butchery.

• Haha 10

51 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was used to delaminate the colonic linings of the hepatic flatulosity-baffleflaps on the vestibular gassy pyrosphincter to allow gruffulation and endoflatulizing of the smelly transtage whiffyvalves, but what do I know.

Overexposure to Zorbat grease can indeed cause gruffulation and endoflatulizing in humans, as well as a silly walk. Protective gloves are required when using the stuff as a lubricant.

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Haha 8

Overexposure to Zorbat grease can indeed cause gruffulation and endoflatulizing in humans, as well as a silly walk.

I wish it would make that clear on the packet!......I was on my way to an important staff briefing in the next room and this happened........understandably, I never got there.

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, general melchett said:

Pffft...a mere trifle when compared to the contents of Baldrick's codpiece. Records show that German scientists were diverted from V-2 development to harness the unholy power contained within his loin cloth, it was even muted to be the core power source under development by Viktor Schauberger for his Repulsine engine experiments (not to mention 'Die Glock').... a true Vengeance Weapon, a 'Wunderwaffle' if you will... 

No, sir, I have to strongly disagree here; as both Schauberger and Glock are born Austrians, and it is an untold truth that their inspiration came from rather local influences. Forgive me my brief impulse of local patriotism, but I have to speak and can't hold the secret any longer!

Not told in any official documents, of course, and a rumour only whispered about in the dark streets between Villach, Wien, and Praha, has it that both characters created their evil bequest to mankind in dark and stormy nights when they suffered from having to much of something is known here as "Quargel". This monstrosity is a soft, acid cheese with a smell not known to mankind before, like something that emanates from the cantina of the darkest region of hell.

No, nothing can smell worse than that! Or inspire someone to more evil things.

• Haha 7

This monstrosity is a soft, acid cheese with a smell not known to mankind before, like something that emanates from the cantina of the darkest region of hell.

Oddly that is exactly how one proctologist described the contents of Baldrick's murderball shorts following a particularly barbaric rematch against the Sevenoaks Ladies reserve eleven, only adding that a sample had been sent to the boffins at Porton Down for evaluation as a weapon, fuel type or drain cleaner. They promptly posted it back in a concrete box claiming they were unable to verify it's toxicity, as it was, in their own words 'off the charts' and he was welcome to have it back.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Oddly that is exactly how one proctologist described the contents of Baldrick's murderball shorts ...

Is he of hidden ancestry, or spent a longer period of time near the region of Olmütz?

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Chief Cohiba said:

No, nothing can smell worse than that! Or

You obviously have not smelt the Stinky Bishop!

Ian

Ps yes, that really is a cheese!

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Brandy said:

You obviously have not smelt the Stinky Bishop!

Ian

Ps yes, that really is a cheese!

The strange thing is that it tastes great. One of the great unanswered questions of the Galaxy is: Why is it that the worse a cheese smells, the better it tastes?

Perplexed of Mars 👽

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Martian said:

The strange thing is that it tastes great. One of the great unanswered questions of the Galaxy is: Why is it that the worse a cheese smells, the better it tastes?

It's one of the great unsolved problems of Cheese String Theory and drives physicists crackers.

HNY Daddy M.

• Haha 7

Yes, agree Ian, especially the bit about less crazy craziness. Happy New Year to all our readers and sincerely hope it's a prosperous one for all of you.

Anyway back to the party....Darling's just turned up dressed as a bent paper clip and Baldrick's wearing nothing but a prize winning turnip and a harrowing grin...should be in for a good night!

From all at Melchett Towers, (Lincolnshire's favourite lunatic asylum).

• Haha 7

36 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Yes, agree Ian, especially the bit about less crazy craziness. Happy New Year to all our readers and sincerely hope it's a prosperous one for all of you.

Anyway back to the party....Darling's just turned up dressed as a bent paper clip and Baldrick's wearing nothing but a prize winning turnip and a harrowing grin...should be in for a good night!

From all at Melchett Towers, (Lincolnshire's favourite lunatic asylum).

A Happy and Boisterous New year To You as Well General. As the saying goes.... Have a great time tonight, try be good if you can, if you can't be good , at least try to be careful, if you can't be careful, don't name it after me, name it after @Martian

• Haha 5