1/48 F-18 Prototype 1978

Nice work. I built the Hasegawa 1/72 version many years ago and spent a lot of time trying to find which 'blue' was used. Eventually I was told that it was from the Ford car plant 'down the road' and nobody knew which it was so I ended up mixing something to match the blue of the decals

John

• Thanks 1

This duo is such a dream !

Great job! A F-18 proto is one of my projects but the one used by NASA, with gold and blue parts but also with red ones. This scheme is on the Caracal sheet. 

I have to learn about these specificts Lerx. 

Well done with interesting details in the cockpit ! The paint is really nice too !

Bravo!

Lolo

• Thanks 1

That's so well done it's great looking. I had a kit of this aircraft as a kid many years ago doubt it would have been 1/48, I think 72 at most but it was this scheme and mine had finger prints in glue on various panels lol. Don't see many prototypes about are you doing more?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Deano353 said:

Don't see many prototypes about are you doing more?

Yes, I'm making the white Rafale A right now and want to do one of the white Harrier schemes. If you hit the 'prototype' tag at the beginning you'll see some others I've done.

12 hours ago, exdraken said:

Which make are they?

The are the old Monogram kits from 1979 and 1980 Werner. To me they were the obvious choice despite there being much easier, newer kits I could've gone with. 

2 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

The are the old Monogram kits from 1979 and 1980 Werner. To me they were the obvious choice despite there being much easier, newer kits I could've gone with. 

ups, sorry!

I meant the seamless intakes!

I ahve some for a Hasegawa kit but I guess they would not fit on a Monogram Hornet!