What model has nobody kitted that you REALLY want to see?

Alan P

On 1/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, Vlamgat9 said:

HAL HF-24 Marut

Cheetah C

SOKO Super Galeb

SOKO Orao

all in /48 pls

seconded!

add to that the Spanish (Super) Saeta and C-101 please  :)

On 25/03/2022 at 19:22, JOCKNEY said:

A few flying boats from me, gentlemens scale of 1/72

Short Kent

Short Empire

Bréguet 521 Bizerte

Latécoère 521

Latécoère 631

Lioré et Olivier LeO H-246

Short Sarafand

Cheers Pat

Oh yes, check out the Latécoère 631 on Hush-Kit: https://hushkit.net/2022/03/20/fantastique-french-airliners-of-the-1940s/

Has anybody done a Sud-Est SE.200 Amphitrite? Swastikas will help it sell (sadly). 1/144 might be a better scale though.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, Big Dave S said:

Well, this has been made, but they don't look good.

I'd love to get a decent quality Mirage IV in 1/72.

What, pray tell, is wrong with the A&A Models kit? Or the Heller kit, for that matter.

• Like 1

1/72nd scale early Tu-95 Bear (as opposed to the later Tu-142/Tu-95MS redesign, which has been kitted by Trumpeter). Now. outside my door in a nice box. With a ribbon and a big bow.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

1/48th scale Blackburn Blackburn.

I have the 1/72 Kora kit of it, and can't help but wonder what on earth is wrong with you. Why, oh why would anyone want to see that monstrosity in more detail? 

;)

I jest, of course. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Rob G said:

I have the 1/72 Kora kit of it, and can't help but wonder what on earth is wrong with you. Why, oh why would anyone want to see that monstrosity in more detail? 

;)

I jest, of course. 

Kora did a Blackburn Blackburn? I see on Scalemates they did a Ripon and a Baffin but not a Blackburn.

Contrail did a vac kit

238491-13150-36-pristine.jpg

and there’s the recent 3D printed kit, which now seems to be like unobtainium

1374226-17841-32-pristine.jpg

Karaya does a nice kit of the Blackburd (early and late versions)

153860-11104-pristine.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

What, pray tell, is wrong with the A&A Models kit? Or the Heller kit, for that matter.

Don't like either, I'm afraid.

• Confused 1

Another one that springs to mind is the Airspeed Courier, a delightful, little aeroplane that has, as far as I know, only been done in resin by Rugrat Resin/Aircraft In Miniature. An injection moulded kit in 1/72 would be most welcome and would go well with the Envoy and Oxford kits. 

edit: oh, and the Percival Q6 Petrel. Another pretty aeroplane that’s crying out for an IM kit. 

Edited by lasermonkey
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

1/72 Avro Athena T. Mk.2 . May have been  produced in vac-form possibly Contrail ?  Only 15 of the full size aircraft were produced ,used at the RAF Flying College, Manby ,Lincolnshire to replace the Harvard as an armament trainer. Could carry two 60lb rocket projectile's under each wing. Carried  a .303 Browning gun with 300 rounds.

Edited by T-21
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, T-21 said:

1/72 Avro Athena T. Mk.2 . May have been  produced in vac-form possibly Contrail ?  Only 15 of the full size aircraft were produced ,used at the RAF Flying College, Manby ,Lincolnshire to replace the Harvard as an armament trainer. Could carry two 60lb rocket projectile's under each wing. Carried  a .303 Browning gun with 300 rounds.

I'd go with that and can't think of one being kitted before. I didn't realise that as many as 15 had been made either! Has anyone suggested a 1/48 Balliol?

• Like 1

On 02/04/2022 at 17:19, wombat said:

There’s been barely any contemporary F1 models in the last decade. Would be nice to have a few.

Ooh please! I love the Reberry 3M1C1R but going further back, how about Sorceress, Mongster or Knight Twister Imperial? I know the Pond Racer was done in one scale (1/48?), but it would be amazing as a 1/24-scale kit!

I’m glad this thread has popped up again, as I’d like to add a few more. The Miles Gemini has been mentioned, but it’s a favourite of mine and I really would love to see a plastic kit released. The same goes for the Miles Falcon.

I don’t think anyone has done an A.W. Atlas in plastic, and that’s one I have been hoping for. I’ll also add the Luscombe Silvaire, Chilton DW1, Comper Swift, Auster Autocrat, DH 84, DH 85, DH 87, DH 90 and a whole load of other light aircraft. 

• Like 1

I would love a 1/32nd Comanche attack-helicopter. It a real shame the US Army spent all that money on development, only to cancel the whole project (politics rearing its ugly head, yet again?). I reckon the Apache has been around for a long time and it could do with being replaced - it's pretty ugly, even for a ground-attack helicopter.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

On 03/07/2022 at 13:41, lasermonkey said:

I’m glad this thread has popped up again, as I’d like to add a few more. The Miles Gemini has been mentioned, but it’s a favourite of mine and I really would love to see a plastic kit released. The same goes for the Miles Falcon.

I don’t think anyone has done an A.W. Atlas in plastic, and that’s one I have been hoping for. I’ll also add the Luscombe Silvaire, Chilton DW1, Comper Swift, Auster Autocrat, DH 84, DH 85, DH 87, DH 90 and a whole load of other light aircraft. 

Phoenix, although the plastic in question was vacuum formed. I've built it which is the only reason I know. Nice kit. White metal details, and decals. 1990, and you still find them around, but rarely.

Paul.

Any British cars of the early to Mid 20th Century like Austin 7  to 1/32 or 24th.

MOGGy Minors, and so on.

Aircraft: Several  but I can't  think of them right now but as a starter, more from the DH stable like Hornet, Leopard  moths, Austers that have yet to appear, more gliders I all in 1/72 or 48th will do me. 

But, alas the chances are very slim because by the time  they do appear  I will have given up on the hobby.

1/72 Auster Autocrat

1/72 Percival Prentice (I think Skybirds 86 did a very short run but it's unobtanium)

1/72 Chilton DW1 - (had hopes AVIS might have done this after they issued their Taylor Titch dual combo)

1/48 Jetstream

1/48 Flying Flea

TT

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

After being wowed by the excellent Black Eagles at RIAT yesterday, I now have an urge to build a model of the the KAI T-50 in my preferred scale of 1/72, unfortunatrly no such beast exists.

Very good choice with those Avros @Thatsmyboy, especially the Andover/748! Will anyone ever release a proper IM plastic one!!???

A 1/48 RAF Puma would be nice too, along with a Jetstream and Dominie.

• Like 1