What model has nobody kitted that you REALLY want to see?

Alan P

Some more: 1:48....

Chinese J-7 is definitely missing in 48th ( I know there is an AA kit, but that does not really count I think;) ) as is a Fantan....

Spanish Saeta and Super Saeta trainers and light attack aircraft, 

Italian Fiat G-91Y two engined version...

Egyptian / Messerschmitt designed Ha-300 ...

Yugoslav Orao fighterbomber

Mig-29M2/ MiG-35

MiG-1.44, Su-47...

• Like 1

All these people wishing for 1/32 4-engine bombers and stuff.  There's a point beyond which...

But I still want a 1/48 Spruce Goose.  (Truth is if I were crafty I could build an electric-powered R/C one in that scale... don't think it hasn't crossed my mind!)

bob

p.s. I second (or however far back in line) 1/48 Brigand and 1/72 B-23!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whitewolf said:

1/350 HMS Ark Royal IV(1978) and HMS Eagle (1972) with appropriate Aircraft

100% this!☝️ It's downright criminal how neglected the RN era of the 1960s/70s is in the injection kit department 🤬😡

• Like 4

5 hours ago, exdraken said:

as is a Fantan....

I'm sure you're aware that AA Models do this one as well, and I imagine that you'd have the same opinion of it as the J-7. However, I saw one built up at Telford on the MiG SIG stand, and it looked very, very good.

Jon

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gingerbob said:

All these people wishing for 1/32 4-engine bombers and stuff.  There's a point beyond which...

But I still want a 1/48 Spruce Goose.  (Truth is if I were crafty I could build an electric-powered R/C one in that scale... don't think it hasn't crossed my mind!)

bob

p.s. I second (or however far back in line) 1/48 Brigand and 1/72 B-23!

The B-23 in 1/72 hadn’t crossed my mind, some one else mentioned it in this thread, and then I saw your post. I would love to have a B-23 also. I think it was the best looking bomber to sport those beautiful wings.

Hughes HK-1 in 1/48=80”ws. Very doable. A couple of local chaps built their own electric Martin Mars, they fly very realistically.

Jeff

A 1/72 Fairey Fox and a DH9.  I would also say DH9A but Maquette released a kit of the Polikarpov R.1 which was a Soviet copy.  Not that you can still buy it, mind you.  Rarer than hens teeth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A 1/72 Fairey Fox and a DH9.  I would also say DH9A but Maquette released a kit of the Polikarpov R.1 which was a Soviet copy.  Not that you can still buy it, mind you.  Rarer than hens teeth.

Good shout for all three - and I'd add the Wapiti and a proper Wallace too. Can't believe the Fox has only been the ancient Pegasus kit

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Good shout for all three - and I'd add the Wapiti and a proper Wallace too. Can't believe the Fox has only been the ancient Pegasus kit

I think Dora Wings have both a Wallace and a Wapiti planned for the future although they have been on their list for a long time now so I'm not sure if they'll ever surface, a bit like the Special Hobby Canberra.

I will be a good boy and limit myself to two that have been long-term desires of mine and one more recent:

- the Fletcher FU24 agricultural aircraft in 1/72 and 1/48 (with the dream of 1/32). Thanks to my urging Unicraft released a 1/72 resin model of their typical quality and accuracy and then on their own initiative a 1/48 version with new flaws and issues

- a proper civilian Hughes 500C in 1/48 and 1/32 with the option of high or low skids in the box

- the XP-40Q-2 in 1/48 with USAAF and civil markings

A 1/48th scale Fuji T-1 is a really good call and a bit of a surprise that Hasegawa never went there. 

It's indigenous, was used by the national acrobatic team and came in a variety of bright colours. 

That and the 1/72nd scale version was one of their very early kits. 

I suppose you could say that it's only recently that we've seen a mainstream kit of the broadly contemporary Gnat but we had the Aeroclub kit bridging the gap for many years. I don't know if there's a similar kit of the T-1 out there. 

John 

Av Usk were (I think) a model shop/dealer which branched out into a line of well researched transfer sheets - the instruction sheets were several times the size of the transfers.  They then produced a number of reasonable standard kits of small aircraft that were generally considered wanted at the time:  the Typhoon comes to mind but I have the IK.3 and one (at least) Japanese floatplane - the Pete but I may have a Dave too.  I don't have a full listing of their range, but they did climax with the B-32, which I think was entirely injected plastic but seems to have over-stressed them as they shortly after disappeared.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:47 AM, Graham Boak said:

Aviation Usk did a Dominator.  I never had one but the rest of their range was injection moulded and I'm pretty sure this was too.

Vacform. I have one.

• Like 1