What model has nobody kitted that you REALLY want to see?

Alan P

This is like a Santa list! What fun! Great idea @Alan P
Any scale accurately done B-17 with incredibly accurate surface details! (It’s going to be seen to a much greater extent, than the incredibly complex interior. Also, Aircraft aren’t machined out of a block of billet aluminium, most model surfaces look this way. Stop drilling out the rivets, they hold the aircraft together, ie. Avro Shackleton. ;)

Seriously now:

1/48 accurate Noorduyn Norseman with appropriate surface details and options for Wheels, Skiis, Floats, Civilian and Military markings.

1/48 accurate DHC-2 DeHavilland Beaver, turbine and reciprocating, with appropriate surface details and options for Wheels, Skiis, Floats, Civilian and Military markings.

1/48 accurate DHC-3 DeHavilland Otter, turbine and reciprocating, with appropriate surface details and options for Wheels, Skiis, Floats, Civilian and Military markings.

1/48 accurate DHC-6 DeHavilland/Viking Air, Twin Otter, with appropriate surface details and options for Wheels, Skiis, Floats, Civilian and Military markings.
Factory blueprints and drawings are available for all of the above, and there are hundreds of the DeHavilland aircraft flying in all parts of the world. With the exception of the Norseman, the above fly over my residence on a daily basis, I consider myself lucky again. Some tourists come here, just to see these “bush planes” in action.

Happy wishing, everyone! I can see 10 more replies as I am writing feverishly…

Jeff :)

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, MrB17 said:

Any scale accurately done B-17 with incredibly accurate surface details!

1/48 accurate DHC-6 DeHavilland/Viking Air, Twin Otter, with appropriate surface details and options for Wheels, Skiis, Floats, Civilian and Military markings.

Good suggestions Jeff, there would be a raging market for the B-17 if it was accurately done with proper lap joints, stressed skin and fabric control surfaces. The Twotter would also find an affectionate following.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I have to make do with a 1:1 scale at present. It's a lot of work.

Halifax  FM

Stirling  Sanger

Benty

I think the OP had something passably buildable in mind old chap :giggle:

edit

thats a lovely Halifax there. I’m sending you both my FM Halifax and Sanger Short Stirling to build for me now :wicked:

Edited by JohnT
Just seen Bentwaters Halibag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

Benty

I think the OP had something passably builds le in mind old chap :giggle:

Nope :lol: I'd consider a paper or wood-whittling model of an F-111 if there was an option 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrB17 said:

1/48 accurate DHC-3 DeHavilland Otter, turbine and reciprocating, with appropriate surface details and options for Wheels, Skiis, Floats, Civilian and Military markings.

Factory blueprints and drawings are available for all of the above, and there are hundreds of the DeHavilland aircraft flying in all parts of the world. With the exception of the Norseman, the above fly over my residence on a daily basis, I consider myself lucky again. Some tourists come here, just to see these “bush planes” in action.

Yes, please! i got the chance to fly on two and would love to replicate them. 

This one:

51692229485_a84a122026_b.jpg

and this one:

51692021979_bc03b69d51_b.jpg

• Like 3

1/144 XB-70 Now available from Armory

1/48 F11F-1, 2

1/48 X-29

1/350 John C Butler or Rudderow Class DE Early- and late-fit Butler kits available from Black Cat Models

1/350 LST-542 Class

Edited by dnl42
Updated for recent developments.
  • Like 1

Can't help noticing a lot of these suggestions have been kitted by smaller companies or already released and available as resin, conversions or vac kits, maybe a quick Google could solve all your problems 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Yes, please! i got the chance to fly on two and would love to replicate them. 

This one:

51692229485_a84a122026_b.jpg

and this one:

51692021979_bc03b69d51_b.jpg

That Wings turbine Otter looks very familiar. I used to paint Otters and Beavers at Victoria Air Maintenance, and I found this old photo of yours truly, standing on the gear. It was painted with the recip on and later converted to turbine with a few paint changes. I remember the colours requested by Kenmore, 1970 Ford “Calypso Coral” trim on 1954 Lincoln “Ermine White”. The colours look the same, but my hair has faded to a light grey FS36375! This is not the same aircraft as your photo, but very similar. Can’t remember the registration on the Kenmore Otter, but undoubtedly it ends in KA.

53CE9AF9-AC30-49A7-8225-83261BD09F86

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Nope :lol: I'd consider a paper or wood-whittling model of an F-111 if there was an option 😉

There was a chap on papermodelers.com developing a 1/33 F-111 in paper, supposedly to be available on Ecardmodels.com

I saw the cad work, and it looked pretty good.

1 hour ago, dalea said:

Accurate 1/72 Fairey Battle

Morane Saulnier Vanneau !/72

Accurate,New tool 1/72 Handley page Halifax- Think of the number of variations

1 - Airfix, Bilek

2 - Dujin

3 - Airfix, Matchbox

So none of the above fit into, "model [kit] nobody has kitted". Same for some other suggestions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

1 - Airfix, Bilek

2 - Dujin

3 - Airfix, Matchbox

So none of the above fit into, "model [kit] nobody has kitted". Same for some other suggestions.

I get what you are saying, and I respect your perspective. The kits I listed have all been kitted, (DHC-2, DHC-3, DHC-6, Norseman) however, they’re not very accurate or up to today’s standards. There’s a saying that we used in aviation refinishing, when referring to terrible paint work, “Good from far, but far from good”. That saying pretty much applies to just about everything, including some of my older models haha 😂 The Mashbox 1/72 Norseman is an example, it is very inaccurate. I purchased the Chorozy resin kit, which is far superior, however it is a resin kit, not an injection moulded plastic kit. I chose to include them because I would like to have an accurate kit of them in injection moulded plastic, with realistic surface details, which has not been done so far. In my personal opinion, nobody has kitted what I have wished for. I am sure there are hundreds of esoteric subjects that have never been kitted in any mediums, and we can all wish for them. If no one makes their wishes known, said kit may never see the light of day. This forum is an excellent venue to make your wishes known, and I think Alan has a good idea going here. :)

“We’re all in this together”, and it’s wonderful here on BM

Jeff :)

• Like 2