The Kawasaki family ‒ A pedigree of homeland defenders

Toryu

22 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

There was also a proposed single-engine bomber (1945), but I couldn't find the number for it. 

You probably refer to the Ki-119 fighter-bomber (wooden mock-up only). For the hard-core Japanese aviation enthusiast I can recommend the two books on 'Japanese Secret Projects' by Edwin M. Dyer.

Thanks, I have them but didn't think to look.    I didn't mention the Ki.62 either, but that didn't make it off the drawing board (but looks like an easy conversion).  What I'd like to find is the wing planform for the Ki.61-II before they went back to the original.  I keep casting around every decade or so, but no bites.

On 27/02/2022 at 12:08, matti64 said:

Will you be doing the same for Nakajima?

Yes, I'm planning to. Would take me another year to get that collection completed (1 restoration, 2 new models). Kawasaki is my favourite subject, however.

Thanks for your comment Matti.

• Like 1

• Toryu changed the title to The Kawasaki family ‒ A pedigree of homeland defenders
  • 3 months later...

This is a fantastic post! The models are beautifully built and fantastically rendered in the photographs.  The dioramas are terrific.  I learned quite a bit from the history you presented too.  Thank you!

• Like 1