The Kawasaki family ‒ A pedigree of homeland defenders

Toryu

@Vesa Jussila @Wulfman @Volksjager @Remus389 @Bertie Psmith

Thank you very much for your kind comments gentlemen - much appreciated! Michael

On 19/11/2021 at 16:51, Gary Brantley said:

Great history and beautiful models; what could be better?!?

Thanks Gary, trying to catch up with your creations! What could be better? - More Kawasakis of course!

On 19/11/2021 at 18:18, Zigomar said:

Great presentation of some JAAF classics!

Merci bien Jean! A deeper dive into the topic is forthcoming on our special-interest website - aviationofjapan.com

On 20/11/2021 at 11:09, Mig88 said:

Nicely done all of them! Loooking forward to more 😉!

Muchas gracias Miguel! There will be more! 😉

• Thanks 1

• Toryu changed the title to The Kawasaki family ‒ complete now

Very nice Michael. 👍 🔟 

Very much enjoyed your presentation appreciating the effort put into it and sharing your love of the subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These models are perfect for the Kawasaki museum. Excellent historical presentation and making models👍.
Congratulations.

*On your next post I would like to see to create my motorbike VN Vulcan Kawasaki ...please 😊😊

Giannis Doxas

Edited by doxasg

You are right! Those 1/48th Nichimo kits were ahead of their time back in the 80's. I did them all and the Ki-45 with what after market available by then could be turned in to an impressive rendition like you did. To day their Ki-43 1 is still much better than its Hasegawa counterpart.A truly enjoyable post.

Lovely models, but complete?  What about the Ki.60 and Ki.64?  Ki.96 and Ki.102?  Or indeed the KI.32 or Ki.115.  Ah, the benefits of 1/72 scale  Mind you, although I don't think that I've seen a Ki.28, I suspect there is one out there in resin..  There are others...

13 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

There are others...

Thank you for sharing this list of other Kawasakis with us, Graham. The one I would really like to add is the Ki-28, although only a prototype it would bridge the generation gap between the Ki-10 and the Ki-61. And of course great-grandpa KDA 😀. The Ki-115 Tsurugi, by the way, is not a Kawasaki.

• Like 1

I'm very humbled by everybody's kind comments. It's nice to read that these fine aeroplanes, put into context, find such vivid interest. A great encouragement!

23 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Those 1/48th Nichimo kits were ahead of their time back in the 80's. I did them all

Me too, Jean! The Ki-43 (I fully agree with your comment) and the Ki-45 have already been restored, my E13A and B5N2 will be next. A Ki-51 is still resting in the stash but I will certainly tackle it one day. Thanks for your comment!

On 26/02/2022 at 08:09, doxasg said:

Congratulations.

*On your next post I would like to see to create my motorbike VN Vulcan Kawasaki ...please

Thank you Giannis! For the equally attractive Kawasaki choppers you need to turn to @Lee Chambers. He is the bike specilist.

Cheers, Michael

32 minutes ago, Toryu said:

The Ki-115 Tsurugi, by the way, is not a Kawasaki.

Oops.  But the Ki.78 was, which I missed, despite having a model.  And even made it.  Double oops.  There was also a proposed single-engine bomber (1945), but I couldn't find the number for it.  I recall it clearly from a '50s Air Pictorial.  OK, maybe 60s.  Still haven't found it...  It is wonderful days that we can even (semi-realistically) consider a model of the Ki.28 or (ok, maybe) a KDA.