TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers Chat

20 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Nice to see this one get through, it provides a lot of scope for subjects that are less common on these boards. Well done everyone for voting.

I suspect given my glacial pace and the number of other appealing GBs, I won't find time to join.

Thank-you, you will be very welcome if you do join.

21 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Still, I've always wanted to build a support carrier like HMS unicorn {snip}.
I guess a normal carrier is a little dodgier (I suppose one might see the aircraft as its 'weapons').

I rather dodged this question earlier.  Aircraft carriers could be built in the Salty Sea Dogs section.
I'll come back to this.

33 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Would a small inter war civilian passenger aircraft be suitable for example?

Generally, a civilian passenger aircraft would be suitable.  Think about the machine's role.

43 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Another might be finally resurrecting my MISC feelancer build maybe

Yes, the Freelancer's design role is a cargo hauler, with secondary roles as vehicle or passenger transport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Excellent,  TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers was successful at the Bunfight.

Currently I'm thinking of this stash-lurker.

{snip}

or this one, if I can obtain decals for Night Fright.

{snip}

Both excellent choices Tim.

26 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Glad this got through, the slot will dictate what I enter, an early slot and It'll be a Dakota, a later slot and will be a c-130. 

As are those.

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers: Sat, 18 Mar - Sun, 9 Jul
Just now, DaveJL said:

Think I'll sign up for this one too. Have a few options that would work - 1/144 C-17, 1/72 Victor (tanker) or a 1/48 Chinook (would be loaded up as a MERT machine in Afghanistan if that is eligible!)

It is surely eligible. Big suitcase with two fans should look fantastic

• Like 3

my options keep growing it seems, how about the venerable 1/4 ton truck (ie Jeep)? Does that count (sort of tenuous link I think(... if not, likely either Bergepanther or Bergehetzer

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

A C-47 in whatever scale sounds good, not the gunships, obviously, but ...
And you'd need a tuck to service them,

Ooh! I forgot I have a 1/144 Diamond T Doodlebug that would look nifty with a 1/144 DC-3 in pre-war TWA livery. Still, I do have a pile of CCKWs to build in various roles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robw_uk said:

my options keep growing it seems, how about the venerable 1/4 ton truck (ie Jeep)? Does that count (sort of tenuous link I think(... if not, likely either Bergepanther or Bergehetzer

It is a truck designed to carry people.

Why not?
Reminds me, I raided a Bronco Parachute Regiment jeep for it's truck; still got the main kit available for this build.

p.s., binge-watched SAS Rogue Heroes on iPlayer over the weekend; their jeeps would be a 'No'.

4 hours ago, Christer A said:

Hmmm, I do have A minicraft C-130A that I need a reason to start....

I really like the noseless-version!

Looks good

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

And the aforementioned Dakota has arrived just a little early for this….was meant to go straight onto the bench but I can wait, something else I’ve been putting of has replaced it.

As does this, thanks for re-arranging your stash.

8 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

They are: Brake third, all third, composite and brake composite.  They make a nice self contained rake.

Hm, I recognize the words, but I have no clue what any of this means.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2