TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers Chat

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

Bedford QL? IBG kit?

Yep, that's the one. Originally, I wanted to do a conversion to represent the one that our CO used to use as a caravan when we went on exercise, but a lack of photos has shelved that for the time being, so just the standard kit (with some AM etch).

John.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, Robert Stuart said:

Both would be fine, as would a tank transporter. 
BTW: If you want to display the tank transporter with a load (e.g. a tank), that would be fine, just so long as the focus of this build is the transporter.

Chris @helios16v I couldn't have put it better - yes to what you just said.

Talking of callouts, wonder if we can get @Hockeyboy76's interest - I think he knows something about transporting stuff.

Just noticed recovery vehicles were allowed, good job I voted for this in the bunfight.....

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 20:30, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Is a London bus eligible?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/miniart-38021-lgoc-b-type-london-omnibus--1255288

How about a rake of British Railways 21T mineral wagons?

Is transporting or carrying things/people their primary role?
I'd say yes.

On 10/11/2022 at 20:31, Pin said:

Both are good, I would say

Agree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barring something utterly catastrophic, I think this one will get through the Bunfight. 

I have been thinking through some ideas for this GB.  I think the 1/35 London bus will almost certainly make the list.   My plans for some British Railways 21T mineral wagons may get transferred to the Entropy GB if it makes it through.

I really fancy building a rake of LNWR coaches to go with my Precedent loco.

Precedent02.JPG 

I have some Ratio kits for the 50ft arc roof stock in The Stash.  They will not be strictly accurate for a Precedent, but we'll see what happens.

• Like 4

On 11/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Do you really want me to say it????  

Yes! :bounce:

Although I didn't sign up for this one it seems the Classics GB will not, sadly, make the cut so can I do the Heller Dh Dragon Rapide here?

My other thought was a motorcycle but perhaps a single rider or even one plus pillion won't be sufficient to be classed as eligible?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Although I didn't sign up for this one it seems the Classics GB will not, sadly, make the cut so can I do the Heller Dh Dragon Rapide here?

Not sure about the role of the one in the AA scheme (was that Heller?), but most would be great.

5 hours ago, Col. said:

My other thought was a motorcycle but perhaps a single rider or even one plus pillion won't be sufficient to be classed as eligible?

Maybe not a racing bike.  A dispatch rider, or blood bike would work; there are other uses that'd fit, too.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Some coaches for that loco (Lucknow?) would be a great addition to the build.
I'm sure you could improve the Ratio kits?

Yes, it's Lucknow

It's not that the Ratio kits need improving.  They represent the LNWR 50ft corridor stock which were introduced around 1898 and used for top link express work.  Strictly speaking, Lucknow is an Improved Precedent (what later became known as Jumbos) built in 1891.  By that time, the top link expresses were hauled by Precursor or George the Fifth class engines. 

It's much more likely that Lucknow would have hauled the earlier 42ft non-corridor stock.   Kits of these coaches are available from London Road Models. However I only have the Ratio kits in The Stash, so Ratio it is!

The London Road kits are brass and would make a very nice project.  Depending on when this GB appears on the calender, I might look in to sourcing some but that's hardly building from The Stash:D   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Depending on when this GB appears on the calender, I might look in to sourcing some but that's hardly building from The Stash

I wonder if you know anybody who might influence the dates?
Just took a look at some images on the London Road site; the LNWR coaches had an attractive livery, though keeping it clean may'n't have been fun.

1 minute ago, Robert Stuart said:

Just took a look at some images on the London Road site; the LNWR coaches had an attractive livery, though keeping it clean may'n't have been fun.

White roofs!  What were they thinking!?!?!?   :yikes:  

Painting all that beading is going to be interesting...

• Haha 1

Nice to see this one get through, it provides a lot of scope for subjects that are less common on these boards. Well done everyone for voting.

I suspect given my glacial pace and the number of other appealing GBs, I won't find time to join. 

Still, I've always wanted to build a support carrier like HMS unicorn (following @JTninja's excellent suggestion of HMS Reaper) which sounds about perfect but theres only one kit listed on scalemates and that doesn't even have a complete entry. I guess a normal carrier is a little dodgier (I suppose one might see the aircraft as its 'weapons').

Would a small inter war civilian passenger aircraft be suitable for example?

Another might be finally resurrecting my MISC feelancer build maybe after your sterling effort @Robert Stuart?

Andy

• Like 2