TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers Chat

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 14
37 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

@Rob S, can I add you to our list of supporters?

Would love to if this is for 2023 as hopefully it will be a good year modelling wise. 

As for subject typical me it won’t be straight forward maybe something like a stretched RAF Herc?  Then again there is a little bit of time to decide so we’ll see how things develop over the next year or so. 

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 1

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 15

So I reached out to both the Robert R.McCormick foundation, 1st Infantry Division Museum here in Wheaton Illinois(his former estate), and the Chicago tribune for any info pertaining to the B-17. Im hoping to get any photo’s and color info to help with the build. I have one very grainy photo in color so have a rough idea. My ultimate goal is to do a cut-away build showing the custom interior. Hopefully they get back to me or it will be a best guess situation. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Hi there - I consider trying an old kit that once made its way into my stash (no idea how): The Tamiya Krupp Protze SdKfz 69 from the seventies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupp_Protze

Not at all my area of expertise (neither the subject nor the scale). I could easily propose it for the 'Not my comfort zone' GB, too. If there's no more pressing GB in 2023 I'll go for it.

• Like 1

I'll gladly join in :)

I've started a C-46 - to be followed by a DC-6 then a C.160 Transall...

Yes - I'm into transport aircraft 😜  (1/72 only)

Looking forward to this GB

Cheers, Moggy (Come fly with me let's fly away)

• Like 1

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 16
1 hour ago, DaveJL said:

I'd be interested in this one. Have either a Victor K2 in 1/72 or a 1/144 C-17. Would a SAR Sea King (the bright yellow variety) be deemed suitable?

Welcome to the build Dave.   The Victor K2 or C-17 definatly.
The SAR Sea King, think that'd be OK - anybody with objections, please let me know.

@Jabba, the milk tank as a lorry load - certainly that'd be allowed.
Wonder what you have in mind, almost certainly not what I imagine (I can remember milk churns).

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 19
23 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Welcome to the build Dave.   The Victor K2 or C-17 definatly.
The SAR Sea King, think that'd be OK - anybody with objections, please let me know.

Wonder what you have in mind, almost certainly not what I imagine (I can remember milk churns).

Cheers! I'll have one of the 3 to enter anyway!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:51 PM, Rob S said:

And here I was thinking you would add "and a maybe slightly more than 25 percent complete what was originally an Anigrand 1:72 C-17". 

I hoping to have it finished well before this one will start, there I a club display my old club is having in February where it will fit in nicely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Sorry but I could find the right wording for what I meant. Here is a picture of the kit:- https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IT3911

• Like 2

On 21/11/2021 at 06:18, JeroenS said:

Oh, right, I have Takom's small scale M1070/M1000/D9R combo in the stash, I might do that one. I love that thing.

Sorry, quoting myself here 🙂 

Hmmm also in the stash are a Faun L900 with the SonderAnhänger... or Revell's Krupp Titan with the Hanomag trailer... dammit! This one's going to be tough. 

And no I will not build them all Enzo! I'll have to take a sabaticcal for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank-you to @JeroenS for volunteering to be co-host here

We now have a co-host :)

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

a Faun L900 with the SonderAnhänger... or Revell's Krupp Titan with the Hanomag trailer

Like to see either of those built ... or your low-boy trailer

• Like 2

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 20

Really interested in this one, but took a while to get the grey cells engaged to think what I had that's suitable in the stash, so here goes..

Aircraft

Junkers Ju52

Junkers Ju352 Hercules

Messerschmitt Me323

Gotha Go244

Savioa SM82

Avro York

Blackburn Beverley 

Vickers Valentia 

Bristol Bombay

Handley Page Harrow

Gliders

Messerschmitt Me321

Gotha Go242

DFS 230

Horsa 

Hamilcar 

Waco

Vehicles

RAF Recovery Set

Opel Blitz

Hanomag half tracks

@Enzo Matrix,  sorry mate, it ain't 'appening 😂

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 21