TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers Chat

mama told me not to come! but it IS the way to have fun, son....

Seeing as @Enzo the Magnificent has put up some ancient railway carriages, and mindful that @Paul821 likes a bit of railway in a GB, and especailly East Anglian railway, then it's likely that this will get moved from the stash/ cripple sidings

https://www.osbornsmodels.com/ocww-aln049-lner-ex-ge-10-ton-ventilated-van-48603-p.asp 

So obscure it's not even in Scalemates! I've a stack of photos from a visit to Mangapps last year, so I really, really should, shouldn't I?!

• Like 4

I'm really struggling to narrow down my options for this one - there's far too much that I want to build! Current front runners are an An-22, Welsh Models CL-44 Guppy, C-46, DH Dove/Devon, RAF Tristar and C-97 or KC-97. Before anyone asks what Enzo would say, there's no way all of them are getting built! The one that appeals the most right now is the An-22 but as I'm planning on a Super Guppy in the Japanese kits GB, the CL-44 Guppy would go with it quite nicely. So those two are probably the most likely. I'll have changed my mind by next week though.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

mama told me not to come! but it IS the way to have fun, son....

Seeing as @Enzo the Magnificent has put up some ancient railway carriages, and mindful that @Paul821 likes a bit of railway in a GB, and especailly East Anglian railway, then it's likely that this will get moved from the stash/ cripple sidings

https://www.osbornsmodels.com/ocww-aln049-lner-ex-ge-10-ton-ventilated-van-48603-p.asp 

So obscure it's not even in Scalemates! I've a stack of photos from a visit to Mangapps last year, so I really, really should, shouldn't I?!

You are correct I have introduced  railway items inti a number of Group Builds and you are not the first with an N gauge wagon, I entered these two into a Blitz build some time ago:

DSC04401 DSC04401 DSC04411

Meant for a diorama based on the old Ipswich  fuelling point.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

I entered these two into a Blitz build some time ago:

My idea of a blitzbuild is anything inside a couple of months! Good to see Kato track in there (my track of choice because I can't afford marlin piccolo!). Yep one of those in the stash but no idea what to do with it! Well, beside build it!!!

Edited by Mjwomack
Autocumber bites back as ever
  • Like 2

I know W.W.E.M.D. but I'm still listing here the stuff I have that would qualify for this GB, and from which I will pick up something to build:

• Airfix USAAF Bomber Supply Set minus a Cushman scooter I blitzbuilt a few years ago
  • Airfix RAF Bomber Supply Set minus DB tractor and bomb trolleys, also blitzbuilt earlier
  • Academy Jeep
  • Academy GMC 2 1/2 ton truck and
  • Academy Dodge ambulances (2).

All of course in 1:72 scale and most fit to supply a heavy bomber base in Essex. V-P

• Like 4

Afternoon gents,

I hope to be able to participate in the TLC GB, so may I ask the higher powers please, if any of these contenders would not qualify as transporters, loaders or carriers: 

- ambulance based on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter

- Iveco Trakker 6x6 tipper truck

- MAN TGE or VW T6.1 minibus (9 seaters, as crew transport) 

- Mercedes-Benz Antos swap body truck 

- Mercedes-Benz Atego firetruck 

- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter or VW Crafter in various disguises (long/short, high/low) for transporting personnel or cargo, or both  

For info all of the above are H0 scale 1/87 and would be done in either fire department or civil defence configuration. And just to be clear, I will NOT build them all :) 

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Hello @desert falcon
Fire department or civil defence would usually be OK.
The only questionable use I can think of might be a water cannon; even with those, the use cases vary.

Any scale would be OK.

27 minutes ago, Pin said:

@desert falcon I am hesitant about the minibus, the others seem to fit perfectly.

Welcome!

Cheers guys for the quick replies and the welcome!

Just to clarify, the minibus would be one like this one.

FOX4nOP.jpg

It’s used to transport the additional emergency crew required for any kind of emergency/disaster the civil defence (known as Technisches Hilswerk, THW in Germany) would be called for and is registered as an emergency vehicle. Any fire department in Germany would have something like this too, only of course in fire department colours.

No issues if it doesn’t qualify, I’ll likely give one of the German THW civil defence trucks a go anyway, or maybe the ambulance. 

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

I have this in the stash, would it be eligible?

{M4 Tractor}

Yes, that'd be fine.

1 hour ago, JTninja said:

Once the last of my parts arrive next week, I'll throw up my build thread. Been mainly doing research, but it will still require some improvisations. 

Sounds intriguing.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bobby No Mac said:

What more precious cargo could there be than beer? :cheers:

The box art say 'Miniature series', I'd hope the beer came in litre bottles myself. I reckon you've got the measure of the BM massif though!! this will be followed eagerly in case anything falls off the back of a lorry!

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Bobby No Mac said:

I may be setting myself up for a fall trying to complete a Miniart kit in a GB but I couldn't resist picking this:

S2RwPOi.jpg

What more precious cargo could there be than beer? :cheers:

Great choice. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1