TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers Chat

On 28/11/2021 at 00:04, JOCKNEY said:

Really interested in this one, but took a while to get the grey cells engaged to think what I had that's suitable in the stash, so here goes..

Aircraft

Junkers Ju52

Junkers Ju352 Hercules

Messerschmitt Me323

Gotha Go244

Savioa SM82

Avro York

Blackburn Beverley 

Vickers Valentia 

Bristol Bombay

Handley Page Harrow

Gliders

Messerschmitt Me321

Gotha Go242

DFS 230

Horsa 

Hamilcar 

Waco

Vehicles

RAF Recovery Set

Opel Blitz

Hanomag half tracks

@Enzo Matrix,  sorry mate, it ain't 'appening 😂

Cheers Pat

When I remember, I always do a quick check on the forum for any leads on a Vickers Valentia as it's one I want to build. Can you tell me something about this kit that you have?

49944539873_1e6aa09148_o.jpg
l002 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

9 hours ago, Sandeha Lynch said:

When I remember, I always do a quick check on the forum for any leads on a Vickers Valentia as it's one I want to build. Can you tell me something about this kit that you have?

49944539873_1e6aa09148_o.jpg
l002 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Hi Sandeha

This is the kit I have

IMG_6213

Picture from Scalemates

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/contrail-vickers-virginia-victoria-valentia--244474

Theres probably about a years work in one box !

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sandeha Lynch said:

Ah yes, the one that's forever out-of-stock. Enjoy !

They do come up on evilbay and as most people have never heard of the aircraft in the box, they can be bought reasonably as long as the collectors don't turn up when prices get completely silly 🤪

Best of luck.

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was umming and ahing about this one as I thought I didn't have anything much more interesting than a Dak in the stash (and there's nowt wrong with a Dak, of course), then it occurred to me that I have this Special Hobby Havoc/Boston:

havoc-boston.jpg 

One of the schemes in the box, well two actually, are the "Steak and Egg Special"/"Steak and Egg", a repurposed bomber, or more accurately cut-and-shut of two bombers that technically didn't exist but was used for shady booze and food runs. Possibilities in olive drab and later NMF. So if this GB flies I'd like to pitch in with one version or the other, please stick me on the list.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

One of the schemes in the box, well two actually, are the "Steak and Egg Special"/"Steak and Egg", a repurposed bomber, or more accurately cut-and-shut of two bombers that technically didn't exist but was used for shady booze and food runs. Possibilities in olive drab and later NMF. So if this GB flies I'd like to pitch in with one version or the other, please stick me on the list.

If you can supply a bit more info, then

OK, I,  did some Googling and found this ...
http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2019/09/steak-and-eggs-unarmed-20-havoc.html

Yes, that'll do nicely.

People, there are some interesting anecdotes about Steak and Eggs in that link.

• Like 3

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 23
46 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

If you can supply a bit more info, then

OK, I,  did some Googling and found this ...
http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2019/09/steak-and-eggs-unarmed-20-havoc.html

Yes, that'll do nicely.

People, there are some interesting anecdotes about Steak and Eggs in that link.

What a cool story 🙂 

• Thanks 1

@Robert Stuart I’ve already read up on the plane a bit, it’s quite a tale. I particularly like the one about S&E flying under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and a completely different aircrew getting the blame. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 24
5 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

had to Google the AW Albermarle, that looks interesting, though the kit may be challenging.

Welcome to the build

Thanks,  I've built a Valom kit before - this Bristol Bombay.  Challenging and unimpressive, but not impossible. 

Adds a certain Je ne sais quois to its appeal.

• Like 1

• Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 25
2 hours ago, JTninja said:

Im in.

Will probably do a 1/700 HMS Reaper during Operation Sea Horse

Excellent :)

I was wondering how we'd get aircraft carriers into this build (they are 'carriers' after all), and Operation Sea Horse is an example of a support operation.

Welcome to the build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 26
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 27
  • Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 28
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Robert Stuart changed the title to TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers - at 29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Fighting_Vehicle

The M2 variant's primary purpose appears to be to transport and provide cover for a small squad (6).  A bit smaller and more specialized than a typical APC.  There are other variants (M3, M4) but those seem to be focused on specialized roles rather than a squad transport.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...