Leyland Retriever

Hi Wolfie,

that is really nice indeed.  I am only just getting into the large scale vehicle modelling trend, so my knowledge is very limited at the moment.  I believe the Retriever is pre-war but is that civilan livery pre or post-war?

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Hi Wolfie,

that is really nice indeed.  I am only just getting into the large scale vehicle modelling trend, so my knowledge is very limited at the moment.  I believe the Retriever is pre-war but is that civilan liver pre or post-war?

cheers,
Mike

It was a WWII cargo truck. Livery is immediately post war based on an old photo I had.

• Like 1

A really lovely model , RW . That`s some skill and dedication you have . I don`t remember ever seeing one of those lorries ,

but do remember quite a number of ex army Scammells an Diamond T s .

Don . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Smashing job @Ryedale Wolf👍 How did the kit go together? I have this in the stash and will be building it 'box stock' 

Regards,

Steve

Its a lovely kit actually. I usually work in 1/24 scale but I picked this up cheap. Detail is bloody good, in fact you have to be a bit careful, I broke a couple of very small pieces.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant Swords to Plowshares conversion.  Very well done.

I think, but not certain this truck started out as Retrever before getting a hard cab top and dual rear wheels.  It would make a nice similar S to P conversion along with the Kiwi country pub it is towing. 

51691960864_34eb460f3f.jpg378A2A98-9201-4F4C-9CAF-DE4086D77833 by tankienz, on Flickr

• Like 5

• 2 months later...