Yorkshire Hussar

Hello. Here is a recently finished figure.

211118a Overall 211118b Right three-quarters 211118c Left three-quarters 211118d Back

Its by Sarum Soldiers and I must have bought it about twenty years ago. I'm not sure of the date of the casting but it came as a single casting, hands, sword, sword slings and sabretache included, and considering its age and style its pretty good. It is closely based on a Bob Marrion illustration of a Major of this yeomanry regiment in walking-out dress.

When I say it's recently finished, I should say that it's recently re-finished. He's been painted over and over again to learn new things and try to improve...but he's now definitely done.

He's in oils over enamels with W&N silver and gold for the silver and gold lace and humbrol for the other metallics. W&N and Vallejo acrylic varnishes. The base is sculpted from Magic-sculp and painted to try to look like the slightly weird yellowish limestone pavement in these parts.

I hope you like,

Alan

• Like 14

What ho, Bertie. Thanks. It wasn't too bad actually. The lace is just painted like a fabric but with metallic oils, left to dry properly (the oil metallics do take forever,) and then the lines painted over the base. The barrel sash is a hassle to get the light and shade of the two colours to meet up but otherwise also OK.

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Stefan. I'm glad you like it.

Do you mean you are a yeoman sort of chap and from Yorkshire, or that you have served in, or are serving in, A squadron of the Queen's Own Yeomanry? If the latter., do you have any photos of Landrover WMIKs?

Alan