Precision Authentic Military Colour

Patrick Martin

Could anybody point me to a list of the colours made by Precision paints all those years ago?  They did a flyer, but in the hundreds of tins I have - I see many not listed - for example M 253 Russian A/F Marker Red.

Pat Martin

29 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

There's some here Pat, but there's a lot missing I think, including yhour example above

https://www.scalemates.com/colors/precision-paints--898

Hi there - they are the Phoenix Precision Paints - the train people who also use the word 'Precision' in their title.  They have a few aircraft colour in their range.

thanks

Pat

6 minutes ago, Patrick Martin said:

Hi there - they are the Phoenix Precision Paints - the train people who also use the word 'Precision' in their title.  They have a few aircraft colour in their range.

thanks

Pat

They were just Precision Paints previously, though I don’t know at what point the Phoenix was added. Possibly they restarted? I’d be interested to know more about their history.

I have a few of their old paints in the stash. I believe the first paints I ever specifically bought for a model (Extra Dark Sea Grey and Sky for a Matchbox Beaufighter) were Precision Paints. That would have been around forty five years ago!

19 minutes ago, Patrick Martin said:

thanks

Pat

As Lasermonkey says above they were Precision Paints, at least into the 1980's. The Phoenix Precision Paints name suggests the demise of the original company and it's rebirth with the new name, presumably due to financial difficulties and/or change of ownership at some point. A trawl through model magazine adverts may give a clue as to when this was, and possibly the reasons.