1/16 Hobbyboss Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger I

4 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

Will be v. interesting to see this evolve, I've got one of these kits but with all the other stuff I've got to do ( including 1-1 scale vehicles!) unlikely to be started on any time soon !

Hehe. No problem! I will start some for you!!! :rofl:... start doesn't meant finish... because when the finish stage starts... I get struggled.🥴

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

Today is a special day for me :), so wanted to do something...light and did some puzzle solving... wheeeeeeelllsss!

P1140881.jpg

P1140887.jpg

P1140892.jpg

Puzzle solved... not very complicated...but a bit confusing mainly because of the huge number...

P1140898.jpg

P1140900.jpg

P1140902.jpg

Now the bad news... all wheels have extraction points...if we can call that, they seem more like holes..  not one or two, but 8 each!

I know that they will barely visible, but must take care of them... must! I would get sic if not.

P1140880.jpg

Cheers
LM

Edited by Lazy Modeller
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Puzzle solved... not very complicated...but a bit confusing mainly because of the huge number...

It’s great that the wheel puzzle came together.

As for the pin marks, it's a pity, it looks like they're really is a lot of work to be done.
But maybe it is not necessary to putty all the traces of the pins? And maybe you can make a special tool for putty on the overall profile of the wheel?

Vytautas

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vytautas said:

It’s great that the wheel puzzle came together.

As for the pin marks, it's a pity, it looks like they're really is a lot of work to be done.
But maybe it is not necessary to putty all the traces of the pins? And maybe you can make a special tool for putty on the overall profile of the wheel?

Vytautas

The good thing I did not pay ed extra money for the puzzle! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No need to use putty on them, I will... sand it all!!! You can bet on!

Cheers

LM

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

No need to use putty on them, I will... sand it all!!! You can bet on!

I know you have grown huge biceps by grinding tracks, so it would be unfair to bet on you! :rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vytautas said:

I know you have grown huge biceps by grinding tracks, so it would be unfair to bet on you! :rofl:

Vytautas

You are covered of true... as usual! It would not be a fair bet...I'm sorry! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers

LM

15 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

You are covered of true... as usual! It would not be a fair bet...I'm sorry!

If it weren’t for my honesty, you would have been stunned many with unfair and dirty betting! :rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Today did a quick test... well not so quick... about 20m to take care of a single wheel.

Are you a marathon runner in your spare time by any chance? 😄

• Haha 1

On 08/12/2021 at 13:00, echen said:

Are you a marathon runner in your spare time by any chance? 😄

Not even close! Not even a little sprint... but things are like they are... so... that will not happen without some effort...

Cheers

LM

Ready? Set! Go!

34.jpg

First set done

35.jpg

Second set done

36.jpg

All set done! So I did the marathon... and become last concurrent by far! :rofl:
Like they all say... its not how it starts... but how it finishes... anyway I think they all wrong... because I barely finish anything! ...well at least this stage is done...its not to bad, and did some free fitness.... next...

Cheers
LM

• Like 9

The wheels look great, you really did a great job!

I have nothing against the Tigers, but... Just think - if you made a Pz.Kpfw.38(t) and not a Tiger, you would already have wheels for six tanks, not for one! Six is a lot, even on the fingers of one hand, it is impossible to count! :D

Vytautas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

The wheels look great, you really did a great job!

I have nothing against the Tigers, but... Just think - if you made a Pz.Kpfw.38(t) and not a Tiger, you would already have wheels for six tanks, not for one! Six is a lot, even on the fingers of one hand, it is impossible to count! :D

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas! You're damn right! This  thing is a nightmare. First to get rid of the extraction marks in every one wheel, and they were very deep. But did the job, but really they are toooo manyyy.

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Josebagasteiz said:

Hi friends. 

I am following this thread with great interest, one day I would like to build this Tiger but for now I am busy with Trumpeter's 1/16 Panther. 

Thank you for following. I hope you'll enjoy the ride. The panther is  the only one I don't have in 1/16. I have the pzIV. pz II, T34, Jagdtiger, King Tiger, well and others but I get scared only for looking inside the boxes...damn too much pieces there. Probably will  not build them, and have too many to finish already... cant star any more... I hope! Maybe I'll start the pzII 1/6 next year because it doesn't have interiors, but maybe. Getting old and health and patience doesn't help...getting lazier everyday! :rofl:

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Getting old and health and patience doesn't help...getting lazier everyday! :rofl:

It seems to me that you are just dodging work.
I could sympathize with you if you were forced to make models on a 1/72 or 1/100 scale. 

:rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

It seems to me that you are just dodging work.
I could sympathize with you if you were forced to make models on a 1/72 or 1/100 scale. 

:rofl:

Vytautas

Jeez! How could I? My eyes only see in 1/35 and above! And my hand are damn too big to deal with such small details! :rofl: Like they say... Think Big! :rofl:

Cheers

LM

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

One more paint job today.  Desk just cleaned to get dirty! This time will try to use my Chinese pistol. Its nice but seals are damaged and think will be its last job. Lets see how it goes.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

Well managed to paint all the wheels, but hardly and got to the dustbin...anyway sprayed almost 2 RC bottles.

Wishing all my customers :clap:  a Merry Christmas!

Cheers
LM

Edited by Lazy Modeller
  • Like 1

I think you might find the pink tanks are Panthers..............................

Or is it just the colour balance on my monitor?

Edited by echen
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, echen said:

I think you might find the pink tanks are Panthers..............................

Or is it just the colour balance on my monitor?

Well...maybe... but in this case is a Tiger, and no its not your  monitor...maybe...

This is Real Colors RC067...well maybe... that's also the one I used in the Maus...

So now see:

4 Real Colors RC067 bottles. OK?

20211220-180355.jpg

Surprise! Now tell me. Real Colors? ... My A..! The 2 in the center are OK, the others are pinkish! So I'm using them as primer. :P

20211220-180334.jpg

Now you know! :clap:

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

We are very much at the mercy of paint manufacturers. We research the colours and choose what is advertised as the "correct" colour but it only works if it is the right colour in the tin.🥺

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, echen said:

We are very much at the mercy of paint manufacturers. We research the colours and choose what is advertised as the "correct" colour but it only works if it is the right colour in the tin.🥺

Well you're right...at some point, but the right color is something hard to accomplish at least in WWII German tanks, there's much controversy in many aspects. We can try to do a close match, but its better not take it to much... anyway this is just an hobby, at least for me, and if we go to far it turns in...work, and that cant be because I'm already retired! :rofl:

Anyway its not OK to have different colors in the same reference. No Way! Didn't see that before in any Brandt.

Cheers

LM