1/16 Hobbyboss Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger I

A few more advances on this... should be in the Stugs, but without compressor...
Build the air intakes
57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

They fit right after the closed hull so no problem there...
60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

Seen from the outside of the grills cause you can't see anything and still without the covers, but that's it I thought it was important.

63.jpg

Hope you guys like it.
Cheers
LM

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jack Klugman said:

Really nice job, like the creativity in removing the motorised elements of the kit  

Thank you so much for the comment Jack. As a rule, I almost always try to give my models a personal touch, doing something instead of adding add-ons, which always raise the final price of each model. It might not look as good as these aftermarket ones, but I'm glad the build was done by me. In this case, it was more to fill the void inside the tank, which would otherwise be more visible from the outside.

Thank you very much for taking an interest in the project.

Cheers

LM

Continuing the work on intakes, I took advantage of some wood tongue depressors that are always very handy to make a series of things...

65.jpg

66.jpg

I cutted them to simulate the planks

67.jpg

68.jpg

And made some grooves to simulate the boards. There are only a few more details left fto complete this task. The plastic is not quite right, as it is very thin, but after it is glued, it will be in good condition.

69.jpg

70.jpg

Cheers
LM

• Like 6

The remaining parts of the air inlets. It was necessary to thin the pieces a little to get a similar diameter, and took the opportunity to do a little exercise at the same time. No big deal but I can always say I did something!:rofl:

71.jpg[/url]

So this part is practically finished and it will be necessary to paint, but without a compressor... I have to see if I still have any old air cans around here, I doubt it but there may still be some left... if not it will be painted latter.

74.jpg

I also made the front part of the radiators that will fit there, It certainly won't be very similar to the real ones, but it's just to complete the interior so that what little you see from the outside is filled, for what it's worth.

75.jpg

Cheers
LM

Edited by Lazy Modeller
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pig of the Week said:

If you want to drive an airbrush in a basic jury rig fashion, why not use an old car spare wheel/tyre as the air source ?

Thanks a lot for the tip, but it can't be. My cars only have spare wheels that don't take air. By chance, when I started I used air cans and later I used that tire, but it was difficult to get the right pressure and it didn't last long, in addition to having to carry the wheel to the attic was complicated. I really need to see if I can get someone to fix this for me., which will not be easy around here.

Cheers

LM

33 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

It was just a thought in case you were stuck with nothing ! There are very cheap airbrush kits with small compressors on ebay, might be worth getting just for the compressor, I had one and it did the job ok if you're not too fussy :)

Thanks! Anyway I think the problem will be an electrical problem, because the last time I used it it was working perfectly. I have to buy a contact cleaner spray to apply to the switch. Maybe it will solve... In the last case I'm thinking of using one I have in the garage to clean the cars.

It's just that it's huge, too noisy and it's spitting oil, but to try this alone shouldn't hurt, because if it gets too bad it won't make much difference, because the piece will be hidden inside and you'll barely see it.

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

it will be necessary to paint, but without a compressor...

Modelers are strange and delicate creatures, without compressed air they cannot survive for long :rofl:
The situation is unpleasant, I experienced it myself. I solved this problem using carbon dioxide - there is no noise, electricity is unnecessary, and there is no one to break since there are no moving parts: 

Vytautas

• Like 2

19 hours ago, vytautas said:

Modelers are strange and delicate creatures, without compressed air they cannot survive for long 

Yes, you are right. It's like any addiction and when you get addicted it's complicated.:rofl:
The situation is really unpleasant, but let's face it, it's nothing transcendental, nor imperative, so you have to keep calm. Health yes and I'm not doing very well in this one, especially with pain in the lungs or whatever and getting some blood by the nose... anyway.
As for what you suggestion, to be completely honest when I bought the compressor, I considered that possibility, but I ended up opting for the compressor, mainly for two reasons. The first is that unfortunately my family banished me to the attic! And although this is something big I only have a small ventilation window, and according to a technician he did not advise the process. The other reason was the price, because just the 10kg bottle cost here around 250€, and then each kg of refill plus 3€... that is, just the initial investment plus a load was almost the same price as 2 compressors, and over time I would have to spend €30 on each recharge. My city is kind of expensive and things hard to find.
Of course, it's much better to have almost no noise, but also my compressor doesn't bother me further (when it works!), because it's a little farther away, and if it bothers me too much I can always push it further away.
Finally, I'm not contributing a little more to global warming!:clap:
But considering you already had the bottle I think it was a very wise decision. Tomorrow will give a try  with the earthquake compressor I have in the garage! It will be a never forgiving experience for sure.
Cheers
LM

PS: By the way I think your copying me! I don't see you doing nothing for ages! :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Lazy Modeller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

PS: By the way I think your copying me! I don't see you doing nothing for ages!

This is by no means a copy! Absolutely not! I’m very surprised you could have thought that way!

I'm just inspired and motivated by the right behavior of other people :rofl:

Cheers and stay safe 

Vytautas

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, vytautas said:

This is by no means a copy! Absolutely not! I’m very surprised you could have thought that way!

I'm just inspired and motivated by the right behavior of other people :rofl:

Cheers and stay safe 

Vytautas

My biggest apologies! I was really too rude to suggest that you copied me!
But don't think it was on purpose... I just got the wrong words. What I really wanted to say is that I am proud to be able to motivate and  inspire you in this behavior!:clap:
Cheers
LM

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2022 at 18:24, Lazy Modeller said:

with my ear problems and vertigo syndrome

Oh! I know exactly what you mean. I have Meniere's Disease and it's not a bunch of laughs. Nice work with what you've done so far. I'm just glad that my first step into 1/16th scale is a much smaller vehicle.

John.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh! I know exactly what you mean. I have Meniere's Disease and it's not a bunch of laughs. Nice work with what you've done so far. I'm just glad that my first step into 1/16th scale is a much smaller vehicle.

John.

Do not even remember it to me! I have a lot of bells in my ears. Permanently, and at night when I'm lying, Thin Vertigo that even looks like I'm sinking on the floor inside. Horrible!

As for the scale is a matter of habit and taste. The only thing I think is that the bigger it goes the hardest scale becomes more credible, I think I ...

Cheers

Lm

• Like 1

This was a really scary experience that I won't ever repeat...even using protecting headphones it was amazingly high...!

What was also worth it is that I already hear badly...
Finally I managed to apply the paint, and did some weathering with some help from the compressor oil spits but I think that's more than enough.

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

Cheers
Lazy modeler was here!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

It looks good, and for some reason, very festive. Great job!

Vytautas

You're talking about the pinkish paint no? Well I must use it and this is a good place that will be out of sight so...:clap:

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

You're talking about the pinkish paint no?

The combination of pink, yellowish wood, and green colors turned out to be very nice to me, especially in the last photo.

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vytautas said:

The combination of pink, yellowish wood, and green colors turned out to be very nice to me, especially in the last photo.

Vytautas

If you don't like I can change the green... :rofl:

Cheers

LM

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

If you don't like I can change the green... :rofl:

Thanks, it's not necessary :rofl:.

I looked at the last photo, like at a postcard, not like a model. The combination of colors is really good, in this case, I'm serious!

Vytautas

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Thanks, it's not necessary :rofl:.

I looked at the last photo, like at a postcard, not like a model. The combination of colors is really good, in this case, I'm serious!

Vytautas

Thank you! I'm feeling really flattered...but no wonder you know... I'm really good at photography!:rofl::clap:

Cheers

LM

• Haha 1