Seawolf missile launchers

capricekor

Working on 3 Leander class frigates (Airfix 1/600): 1 original, 1 Ikara layout and hopefully the seawolf armed variant. And therein lies the problem. Having difficulty getting the missile launchers. Tried shapeways, Atlantic and WE to no avail. Any suggestions?

Some older 1:700 ship kits of modern British ships often had a good set of spare weapons and accessories, many of these kits being re-boxed by other manufacturers so may still be able to obtain them.

Example, the various Sheffield class kits often came with additional parts including a Sea Wolf six cell launcher, presumably a director can be scratch made from some of the director optional parts available, also looks to include Exocet launchers and STWS triple tubes, a decent Lynx is also included. Although 1:700 from memory I think some parts may be oversized so may be ok for a 1:600 model.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/HMS-Sheffield-Type-42-Destroyer-Batch-1.html#gallery_start

Edited by Rob 1

Whilst the ships did not carry Seawolf, the 1/700 Type 42 kits in various boxings (PitRoad, Revell, Dragon, DML, Cyber-Hobby) include a generic selection of parts for late 20th Century RN and NATO warships, including Seawolf launchers (although some parts are nearer 1/600 scale).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There were embryonic plans to fit Sea Wolf to the T42s but they never came to anything.  I think they realised that Phalanx was probably a better option.

I would have thought they'd be fairly straightforward to scratch build.  They're basically boxes.