Double build Suzuki GSX-R 750’s

veg

Having got the point where I am likely to take a hammer to my latest ac build (72nd Lancaster). I’ve decided to go back to my other love. Two wheels.

ive a fair stash of rare and unusual bikes as well as numerous resin updates etc

for this I’ve decided to build the following 

51686961655_87f2b935ce_b.jpg 51686335593_f5e6e6f0fb_b.jpg

• Like 3

I have started the builds so will post some pics later this was more of a test to see how we got on.

I bought loads of alclad years ago but never got round to using it so I’m hoping it’s still ok and I’ll crack on eventually with both.

thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve also started several Kawasaki z90-1000 AMA super bikes 

incl this Wayne Gardner moriwaki replica based on a Z1R

Z1R

this is the frame braced as per the racer and the left hand side engine mount brackets removed so I can complete the frame then fit the engine having made new engine plates

Z1R

I started with a set of brembo discs that have had all holes drilled but may use different ones

Z1R

motor with uta design updates

Z1R

motor with Kr1000 alternator cover

Z1R

oil breather over flow catch tank

Z1R

left hand side frame

ive also braces the swing arm amongst lots of other bits.

I tend to flick between builds so chances are I will end up listing of builds here as well, incl a Wes Cooley gs1000, katana AMA racer, a fast Freddie cb750 etc etc

• Like 4

So more progress had to make more bracing and brackets for the frame, brace the swing arm, made number plates for race numbers, build a race exhaust the moriwaki ones were pressed alloy. Made out of various cones tubing etc, exhaust clamp on the collector. The original brake calipers only show the front not rear of the calipers so cut up spare calipers to make them complete, I’ve used new discs more in keeping

The seat had an extra piece of foam duct taped in place so I’ve done that

Moriwaki

I have to re engrave the seat to show the quilting

Moriwaki Moriwaki Moriwaki

The oil cooler on showed fins on the front so I’ve cut up a spare to show it complete and fitted alloy goodridge hose junctions 

Moriwaki Moriwaki Moriwaki

New bottom yoke being made

Moriwaki Moriwaki

• Like 2

When I get to painting the bodywork it won’t be pristine and some of the decals will be deliberately placed over the lacquer as they were just stickers. I’m after a used look this wasnt ever a show queen but a used race bike from the early 80’s

all my reference pics show it as a used work in progress eg the use of duct tape

Edited by veg
  • Like 2

I'm about 3/4 of the way through a Hasegawa GSX-R G ... decided on the Blue Stuff colour way as it was

my dream bike back in the day :)

Loving the saddle "upgrade" :)