Kits World DH Vampire cockpit panels and seat belts

Selwyn

Building my Airfix 1/48 Vampire.  Can anyone tell me how these kits World bits work? are they water slide or peel off self adhesive? Also  what is the arrangement of the  straps on the seat? I would have looked at the instructions but Kits World have  not bothered to put any in the pack. Bit shabby really!

Selwyn

FWIW I was just about to use the set I bought at the weekend but personally I don’t like the background colour. The cockpit should be black and these are a very dark greenish grey so they’ll look completely out of place. I might use the seatbelts as they don’t look too bad.

Their Chipmunk ones are the same colour and in my opinion the kit ones are much better (and they’re black) especially  in that scale. Although I must admit I have the new Eduard ones and they are ‘the bees knees’….

Anyway, to answer your original question, yes they are water slide but seem very weak adhesive wise, so I would advise letting them dry a few minutes and fix them with some diluted PVA glue to secure them. I tried them on some painted plastic card and that’s how I found out.

And like you say you’d have thought there were some kind of application details. Stick with the kit ones or wait for Eduard ( or Yahu).

Edited by keithjs

12 hours ago, keithjs said:

FWIW I was just about to use the set I bought at the weekend but personally I don’t like the background colour. The cockpit should be black and these are a very dark greenish grey so they’ll look completely out of place. I might use the seatbelts as they don’t look too bad.

Their Chipmunk ones are the same colour and in my opinion the kit ones are much better (and they’re black) especially  in that scale. Although I must admit I have the new Eduard ones and they are ‘the bees knees’….

Anyway, to answer your original question, yes they are water slide but seem very weak adhesive wise, so I would advise letting them dry a few minutes and fix them with some diluted PVA glue to secure them. I tried them on some painted plastic card and that’s how I found out.

And like you say you’d have thought there were some kind of application details. Stick with the kit ones or wait for Eduard ( or Yahu).

Tried them, and as you said little or no adhesive on them so i used gloss acrylic varnish to set them in place. Overall a PITA to fit , they are not a great advance on the kit decals, and I am still not 100% on the seat belt placement, and they are too rigid and would need decal setter, but the kits world website says don't use  decal setter!

Won't be buying kits world belts and IP's again,  will probably go with tried and tested eduard ahu stuff in the future.

Selwyn