1/48 YF-16 Prototype 1974

I'm not a jet guy at all but you've done an amazing job on bringing that old kit to new light. I too have a soft spot for those old Monogram kits and I have a dozen or so in the stash ready to do just as you've done.

I would love to see you do this, one of my favorites...

Screen_Shot_2021-11-17_at_7.17.58_AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

nice, absolutely nice!

but you need more prototypes... the Mirage 2000 and Rafale would fit in here ideally, as would a colorful Tornado...Phantom and Tomcat have never been in fancy prototype color, no?

• Thanks 1

Wow!  That is magnificent Paul! :clap2: Great job on the prototype and thanks for building such a great model out of that old kit.  It was my third model after coming back to the hobby and your beauty brings back some pleasant memories.  That is a really fine scale model!  :worthy:

• Thanks 1

Great YF-16. Brought me back to 1976 when I first saw a picture of one. It looked so radical and beautiful to me then. I showed it to my mom and she said "that is ugliest thing with wings. Now the F-80, that is a nice looking airplane".

Cheers,
Wlad

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A nice one! It also reminds me to my youth when I was fascinated of this color sceme. I think I built it in 1/72 at that time, but don’t remember from wich factory. 
So you did a fantastic job!

Thx for sharing!

Andy

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Allan31 said:

I would love to see you do this, one of my favorites...

I've built the Weasel, great kit. I gave it to a friend but I do still have the Monogram single seater to build. Brass undercarriage is really all they need.

17 hours ago, exdraken said:

but you need more prototypes... the Mirage 2000 and Rafale

Stay tuned Werner! Rafale A on the workbench and Mirage 2000 prototype already built 

16 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I was wondering if the intake cover came with the kit

It did which was good of them as there wasn't much inside the intake. It adds color and simplified the build as I would've stuck someone's seamless intake on it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vingtor said:

I hope you found the decals satisfactory.

And they came with good references, I wouldn't have noticed the change in shape of the blue by the tail hook without them.  I have your Kestrel and Harrier sheet which I plan to use soon on another Monogram project, the AV-8B prototype.