Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 1959 by fnick - Monogram 1/25

Fnick

I think if I were you I'd leave the gap - no point messing it up when you're so close and it doesn't look as though it's not meant to be there (unless you're a Cadillac connoisseur). I don't think the Molotow will do much good to be honest, it will probably just settle in but not fill.

Can't see anything wrong with the tail light bullet either - think you had the best approach there.

• Thanks 1

I agree about the gap, it looks like a natural panel line to me. 

If I were hell bent on filling it I'd use Perfect Plastic Putty as you can wipe off the excess with a damp cotton bud and then Molotow it.

Car is looking great though!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I agree with you guys that unless I'm sure of a fix I won't do anything. 

40 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I'd use Perfect Plastic Putty

Thanks I'll look that up.

Cheers

Nick

So you think everything is going well and then you spot this...

spacer.png

Grrr... I think it must have happened when I mated the chassis and the body. The chassis must have dragged the BMF down. Oh well. More BMF work required then!

Nick

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 4/26/2022 at 12:07 AM, Fnick said:

So you think everything is going well and then you spot this...

spacer.png

Grrr... I think it must have happened when I mated the chassis and the body. The chassis must have dragged the BMF down. Oh well. More BMF work required then!

Nick

I've recently had bad experiences with BMF Chrome (Ultra Bright)...I found it didn't stick correctly, even after a good buffing, particularly on small reliefs !

So, I've switched with Hasegawa Mirror Finish, far much expensive and difficult to apply, but infinitely more shiny and adhesive.

If it may help ....

• Thanks 1

Thanks Thierry I think you had mentioned the Hagesawa product before 🙂. Yes it certainly does look like it gives a better finish. I think in this instance it was more of a case of me not paying too much attention when I mated the body and chassis. 

I'm not too worried about this repair... As long as I can get the BMF off without removing some paint...😱🤞🤞

Nick

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

I've recently had bad experiences with BMF Chrome (Ultra Bright).

Me too - a brand new sheet that won't stick at all. And I've heard a few other modellers saying the same. Won't be buying any more.

I'd like to get hold of some of the Hasegawa mirror finish but it's not obtainable in the UK and shipping from Japan costs about 3 times the price of the product last time I looked! Spotmodel have been saying they are expecting stock 'soon' for ages now! I've got some similar matt finish stuff from Gunze that is decades old and sticks like superglue!

Keith

• Like 1

Morning all

BMF off

spacer.png

And BMF on!

spacer.png

Iconic rear lights on

spacer.png

And side windows and side mirror on

spacer.png

There was no way that the side mirror would stay on by itself so it is held with the help of a metal pin. I can all assure you I was not a at all petrified of drilling through a nearly finished model. No sir not me! Not a squeeky bum in sight! 😄

Only thing that is left to do is install the door handles and chrome the locks... Can't believe this is nearly finished!

Thanks for looking, Nick

• Like 11

Morning all

The Cadillac is now officially finished! 😁. The door handles went on this morning. I had to trim them down a bit as they looked way oversized in my mind (as in they stuck out of the car far too much).

A few final shots

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will take some (hopefully!) decent photos with the DSLR at one point but I may wait until a sunny day to get some outside shots.

I have to admit I am very pleased with how this has turned out. I personally think this is my best modelling effort to date. This certainly would not have been possible without the advice and encouragement I have received throughout this build so thank you all!

The kit itself went together really well apart from the few minor issues that were fairly easily resolved in the end. I highly recommend getting one if you can!

Thanks again for looking. I'll post a link to the RFI once that is there.

Nick

• Like 11

That's an absolute beauty Nick, some stunning modelling there! Love the colour scheme, paint looks perfect and the interior looks really comfortable! 

Very nice job!! 

Keith

• Thanks 1

Incredible!  Beautiful paint finish, exquisitely detailed and executed interior.  How you manage that level of accuracy and fine detail in 1/25 scale beats me completely.  A model to be justly proud of. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you gents. You are far too kind.😊. Very chuffed you like the interior as I tried hard to detail it as best as I could as I knew it would be very visible. 

Nick

Thanks Andy!🙂

37 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

its going to be very hard to top this on your next build

Sounds like a challenge to me! 😋. I'll certainly give it my best shot. My next two builds are going to be the Revell Jaguar E type and the tamiya ford Mustang GT4. I'll start both of them and try and get all spraying, decaling and clear coating done while the weather is warm enough and then concentrate on the Jag first.

Cheers, Nick

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I like this blue shade

Thank you Vesa 🙂. My aim was to have a good contrast between the blue and the pearl white interior and chrome. 

Nick

Edited by Fnick
Corrected autocorrecting text...