Alfa Romeo 155 DTM Martini

Tamiya's nearly three decades old kit of Alfa's 155 was my latest via dolorosa. This kit is definately not on par with todays moldings but it's not disastrous either. However I dug my own grave when I decided to use Studio27's additional decals for this. The kit itself only suffered from little fitment issues but those decals were all over the place. Some numbering on the sheet didn't match those on the instructions, decals were wrong size and instructed to put into wrong places etc. Ontop of that they were quite thick and quite brittle, requiring lot of heat and softener to go around those wheel arches for example. And I still couldn't do it with all of them.

Painted with tamiya's X- and LP-series paints, lacquered with Zero 2K Diamond and machine polished. All of the CF/kevlar decals inside are made from corresponding sheets with self made templates. Added some extra "racing" pieces to inside such as fire extinguisher, wiring, electronic boxes etc. Driver's harnesses are from S27's bulk set with sparco decals.

155's party piece was its 13000rpm revving 2,5 litre Busso-V6. If you have never heard it, I highly suggest listening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJQGWz9AmM

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 17