RFC/RAF Pilot figures 48th scale

Folkbox1

Went to Telford on Sunday and my last purchase (at 3.50) was Eduard's Biggles boxing.  I would like at least one of the kits to have a pilot seated in the plane but haven't found anything nice (and because it was so late I didn't have time to search for any at the show)

Does anyone know of good 48th scale pilot figures for these camels?  Prefer resin but plastic or white metal would do.

Thanks

Sadly it's difficult to find a stand alone product of a seated pilot in 1/48 from that era, such that there isn't even a choice of saying which one is nicer.

I know when Copper State Models was originally owned in the States, they did have seated resin  pilots of different nationalities.  New ownership does not appear to carry this line.  

PJ productions just have the lone generic WWI pilot sitting, but looks to be only posed for sitting outside of the cockpit:

481117-ww-i-pilot-seated-outside-ac.jpg

My search results in the  3D printed market also comes up empty.

regards,

Jack

In 2005 Eduard released a WWI RFC Personnel set.  Suppose the second or third figure (pictured below) could be hacked and slashed to sit in the cockpit.  Taking a scalpel to a WW2 pilot could be easier, the most difficult detail to remove would be the 'Mae West' life preserver.

Z5vUYZF.jpeg

Regards,

Jack

5 hours ago, JackG said:

In 2005 Eduard released a WWI RFC Personnel set.  Suppose the second or third figure (pictured below) could be hacked and slashed to sit in the cockpit.  Taking a scalpel to a WW2 pilot could be easier, the most difficult detail to remove would be the 'Mae West' life preserver.

Z5vUYZF.jpeg

Regards,

Jack

Now you've posted that I have a feeling I may have these in my stash somewhere 

4 hours ago, MagpieFNQ said:

I've recently bought a 3d printer and have been printing these ones
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/miniatures/figurines/ww-i-pilot

Wow, they look fantastic.  I don't have a 3d printer but I know a man who does 

14 hours ago, Folkbox1 said:

Now you've posted that I have a feeling I may have these in my stash somewhere 

Wow, they look fantastic.  I don't have a 3d printer but I know a man who does 

They are pretty good and often come with a choice of heads. 
I've also dug up some JHMCS and F35 helmets for the modern pilots so the one body gets a lot of uses. 
There is a little bit of repriting to be done though as you have to scale it up and down a bit to fit each model as one size rarely fits another

Edited by MagpieFNQ
  • Like 1