1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - 3D renders+sprues design+box art+decals+schemes - release in April-May 2024

Homebee

Hey Gilles, I have tried twice - a Battle the 1st day and a Bloch 174 yesterday - and I will try today as well.

And no, I wasn’t trying to investigate my close friend who is a Special Hobby employee - he would refuse to answer anyway 😡

• Haha 1

"D1.3     Already done in injection in 1/72 nd more than 30 years ago"  True-the Airfix kit

"D2.1     Suffered heavy losses, when not properly employed"  NOT true against Italy for the Br 19

I 'm almost sure its a Battle, most welcome :)

Edited by Pameinos

I would also say Battle. The Airfix kit was injection moulded - and maybe the MPM model doesn’t count as it was a short run kit.

A Breguet XIX was also made by HitKit as a short run mixed media kit - and less than 30 years ago.

Never mind, it’s a good fun, isn’t it? 

• Like 1

Breguet XIX was widely use in Poland, of course it fullfil the clue "at least one having Polish markings"

Te Greek Br XIX fought against Italy. About the loses? for sure were heavy, but the number was small anyway...

Completly new idea - Fairey Albacore? MPM did one in 1/72 many years ago. I am not sure if any wore Polish checker but all other clues fits, I think...

Regards

J-W

Greek Airforce Breguet XIX on bomber mission shot down by Italian Airforce CR-42. CASA built XIX’s flew as bombers for both sides in Spanish Civil War with heavy casualties , later used as trainers. This is the version we will be getting IMHO.

Wulfman

P.S.:- XIX used by Polish Airforce.

P.P.S.:- Having seen photos of Br.XlX, I want one, a very wide selection of colour schemes !
            So hear’s hoping it is the XIX, I’m amazed it hasn’t been done since 1987.

Edited by Wulfman

It's the MS 406 family. Heavy losses during the German France Invasion,  fought also against Italians, had the polish squares nsigna in its fuselage side during France campaign, it is the only aircraft still operational at the end of WWII and a Swiss version was produced till the 1949.  

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks like the games over… It’s a Fairey Battle. @Heather Kay and many others (including me) will be very happy! 
http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

Cheers.. Dave. 

Woohoo! :yahoo:

I'm in for at least one RAF, one to replace my adjusted Airfix Belgian, and possibly even a Greek one for when I stretch into the Med for my obsession.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Woohoo! 

Woohoo indeed. I kept ruling that out cos of the MPM one but I guess they didn't count that!

Very good news. I don't "do" many WWII subjects, but do have a number of favourites including the good old Battle. I can see a couple heading my way.

So the question is Heather, who's going to tell Ian @Brandy!😱

Terry 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

I know. I think we ought to say nothing, for a while at least… 

Looking on the bright side I think we all owe him BIG time, for the sacrifice. Also, knowing Ian, his Battle will probably be better! 🤔

Terry

• Like 1
  • Sad 1