1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - 3D renders+sprues design+box art+decals+schemes - release in April-May 2024

Homebee

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks like the games over… It’s a Fairey Battle. @Heather Kay and many others (including me) will be very happy! 
http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

Cheers.. Dave. 

Great choice! This is what I was expecting rather as the  IBG latest release (and similar game), anyway  it will be the hit!

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
mispelling corrections

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM/AZUR - release March-April 2022

Box art, schemes & decals

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0046-2

The Fairey Battle Mk.I  was widely used by RAF, with AASF sent to France in 1939, by Australia (367), Belgium (16), Canada (754), Eire, Greece (11), lndia (2), New Zealand (2), South Africa (179), Rhodesia (25), Turkey (30). The Poles in RAF Sqn 301 also used the plane. from July to November 1940.

Three boxes announced. The kit has been designed from 3D (new moulds), soon some pictures. Release expected in March / April 2022.

- ref. FR0046 - Fairey Battle Mk.I - https://frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0046

FR0046.jpg

•    Belgium - T-70 - in Belgium, 1940
  •    AASF - PM-L - 103 Sqn RAF -  France 1940
  •    Greece - B-274 - 33 Mira - Greece 1940

FR0046-Prfap.jpg
FR0046-Prfbp.jpg
FR0046-Prfcp.jpg

FR0046-DECp.jpg

- ref. FR0047 - Fairey Battle Mk.I - https://frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0047

FR0047.jpg

• Poles in UK - GR-F - Sqn 301 - 1940
  • RAF pre-war - 52-B  - Sqn 57 - 1937
  • Canada - tactical code 59 - serial 1837  

FR0047-Prfap.jpg
FR0047-Prfbp.jpg
FR0047-Prfcp.jpg

FR0047-DECp.jpg

- ref. FR0048 - Fairey Battle Mk.I - https://frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0048

FR0048.jpg

• AASF - MQ-R - 226 Sqn - Reims France 1940
  • Australia - OO/K7700 - Air Gunnery School - Marwell, Victoria
  • South Africa  - 33-B - Algato -  East Africa July 1941   

FR0048-Prfap.jpg
FR0048-Prfbp.jpg
FR0048-Prfcp.jpg

FR0048-DECp.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - release March-April 2022

I just wrote a mail to Mr.Fontaine and strongly objected on his game because it was misleading.

One of the very first hints given was that is is the kit that was already done in injection in 1/72nd more than 30 years ago.

This clue took me away from Fairey Battle as a possible choice because it has been done as injection kit by MPM in 2000 and that

was 21 years ago:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mpm-production-72096-fairey-battle-t-mki--141290

Therefore I strongly object to this game as one of the very first clues was misleading and the whole game is unfair because of that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, MarkoZG said:

I just wrote a mail to Mr.Fontaine and strongly objected on his game because it was misleading.

One of the very first hints given was that is is the kit that was already done in injection in 1/72nd more than 30 years ago.

This clue took me away from Fairey Battle as a possible choice because it has been done as injection kit by MPM in 2000 and that

was 21 years ago:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mpm-production-72096-fairey-battle-t-mki--141290

Therefore I strongly object to this game as one of the very first clues was misleading and the whole game is unfair because of that.

To be honest, the hint: "Already done in injection in 1/72 nd more than 30 years ago" may have been somewhat misleading, but logically was true. Airfix Battle kit really has been done more than 30 years ago. Of course MPM kit was younger, but technically that sentence doesn't exclude existence of the other kits.

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

The Poles in RAF Sqn 301 also used the plane. from July to November 1940.

In fact it was PAF (Polish Air Force) squadron. Polish airmen in Britain, initially enlisted in RAF Volunteer Reserve, since 5th August 1940 were really and formally in Polish Air Force (international military agreement, confirmed 22th August by British Govt in "Allied Forces Act") ,
Also the PAF Sqn 300 used Battles in Battle of Britain (both squadrons bombed German invasion landing crafts in French, Belgian and Duch harbours).

Battle from Sqn 300 (BH code),

spacer.png

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MarkoZG said:

Was there actually a prize to be won at the end of this game?

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Was there actually a prize to be won at the end of this game?

Cheers.. Dave  

Yes, according to their website: "Winner in each geographical zone will get a set of these three  kits, shipment to our charge (the winner will be the first one to give the right answer, according to the rules)."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkoZG said:

Yes, according to their website: "Winner in each geographical zone will get a set of these three  kits, shipment to our charge (the winner will be the first one to give the right answer, according to the rules)."

Well if that's the case, I can see why you and others would be disappointed. I must admit, I wasn't entering the prize, however did dismiss the Battle for the same reasons you did. Good luck with your feedback and I hope you receive a reply. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well if that's the case, I can see why you and others would be disappointed. I must admit, I wasn't entering the prize, however did dismiss the Battle for the same reasons you did. Good luck with your feedback and I hope you receive a reply. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Yes, I got the reply and it says: "The information was right, Airfix did the kit in injected more than 30 years ago. We never said that the kit was not produced in injected more recently."

To be honest, this claim would never pass any court, but it is futile to fight further. I remain disappointed by the unfairness and misleading of the organizer.

Edited by MarkoZG
  • Like 3

The real prize is, hopefully, a really good rendition of this aircraft.  Lots of blue and white roundels here too.  The current crop of new releases are certainly accelerating my stash growth.  And my RAAF wish list is being reduced as well.  Very happy chappy!

• Like 5

I'm a happy camper here, I can see three boxes coming my way. Not sure where the 2 examples said to be operated by New Zealand sprang from though (Homebee's post at top of page quoting Frrom release), not heard of them before unless one of the RAF NZ squadrons had them on strength for a short time? :unsure:

Steve.

11 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

was 21 years ago:

Sorry, you, and others commenting on this appear to have misinterpreted the statement "already done in injection in 1/72nd more than 30 years ago"

All it says is there was an injection moulded kit of the subject more than 30 years ago.

There is no implication in this statement that there has been no further injection moulded kits of the subject since then.

FFrom provided an accurate clue from which you made an inaccurate assumption, you can't blame them for that!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

Sorry, you, and others commenting on this appear to have misinterpreted the statement "already done in injection in 1/72nd more than 30 years ago"

All it says is there was an injection moulded kit of the subject more than 30 years ago.

There is no implication in this statement that there has been no further injection moulded kits of the subject since then.

FFrom provided an accurate clue from which you made an inaccurate assumption, you can't blame them for that!

This is a conflict of what psychology name "the deep message" and what is literally written. Normally people read both messages, this "deep one" or the hidden one, is what is only suggested (here that there was ONLY once model kitted over 30 years ago) and what is really written (that there was a model of it designed more than 30 years ago, but it could be other, younger as well...) . I do not know what the court will judge in such circumstances, maybe it depends on the country where this court will be preceding :) .   Anyway we have learnt that the game may content misleading (however still true) suggestions but the real bonus is that we will all have chance to do a good model of Battle! :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 6

I could well be interested in this kit (or, as is heavily speculated, an Airfix equivalent).  I'm in awe of the courage displayed by the crews of such wildly outclassed machines in pressing home their attacks.  A 12 Squadron machine as used in the suicidal attacks on the Vroenhoven bridge on May 12th 1940 would be of particular interest to me.

• Like 4

A newly tooled (hopefully) Fairey Battle? Be still my heart. How can I add more years to my lifespan so I can build all this great new stuff? Maybe I should back off sniffing resin dust and Mr. Color fumes...     :drunk:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

First of all, congratulations to everyone requesting a Fairey Battle during the last few years! It obviously worked! :D Not top on my list, but I`ll probably buy it too.

Secondly, if IBG is making Focke-Wulfs now and Arma is making Mustangs, who`s making the IAR 80? Each time one of these manufactureres start a guessing game I lose half my will to fight the Amodel kit again. Perhaps starting with the "it`s not the IAR 80" clue next time? Thank you!

Looking forward to the sprue shots of the Battle now.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2021 at 9:26 AM, Wulfman said:

Will the Fw-190D and Battle competition clues inspire others to follow suit ? If so what fun to be had !

Wulfman

These things sure are fun, however I'd also try to be a more more accurate with their clues, as both this and the IBG "competition" included clues that could easily be misinterpreted, as seen above. Really from the kind of clues Azur gave the answer could have been a Spitfire or many other types.

Same for the clues used by IBG, where a few could have been contested... that of course is not a big deal if it's just a bit of fun but things change if there's something to be won.

On the Battle, not a subject that interests me but fits well with Azur Frrom choice of subjects and I'm sure many will be happy. Wonder if this will be a short run kit, like previous kits from the same brand, or will be a more "mainstream" product like the latest SH offerings (P-40 et al) ?

5 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

These things sure are fun, however I'd also try to be a more more accurate with their clues, as both this and the IBG "competition" included clues that could easily be misinterpreted, as seen above. Really from the kind of clues Azur gave the answer could have been a Spitfire or many other types.

Same for the clues used by IBG, where a few could have been contested... that of course is not a big deal if it's just a bit of fun but things change if there's something to be won.

Look at it this way: these guesses can't be obvious so that they last until release. If it were possible to guess immediately, why organise such a game - then it would be easier to simply announce the item instead of letting someone guess 5 minutes after the announcement of the competition.

• Like 1