1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - 3D renders+sprues design+box art+decals+schemes - release in April-May 2024

Homebee

19 minutes ago, dalea said:

At the risk of contributing further to thread hijack, the HiPlanes "very shortrunnish" Douglas Havoc with the small tail  is still available from HPM  Models in Singapore. Yes it has been issued  with French markings, pre and post Vichy

Edited by dalea
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Following the various remarks on the 3D design (particularly here, on Britmodeller), some improvements will be done by FRROM and Special Hobby. The plan is, now (that might change) :

- all the types of exhausts will be supplied (probably in all boxes - these are small parts). So, specific exhausts for the Belgian version, as well as three types for the other versions. Not sure there were exhausts protruding as much as indicated in the thread, they seem to be quite parallel to the cowling

- clear part for the bombing panel under the fuselage (to be painted when necessary - we still don't know when Fairey and Austin started to put in place the clear panel)

- cowling and fuselage shape around the engine will probably be improved (under study)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

18 hours ago, Gilles_53 said:

Following the various remarks on the 3D design (particularly here, on Britmodeller), some improvements will be done by FRROM and Special Hobby. The plan is, now (that might change) :

- all the types of exhausts will be supplied (probably in all boxes - these are small parts). So, specific exhausts for the Belgian version, as well as three types for the other versions. Not sure there were exhausts protruding as much as indicated in the thread, they seem to be quite parallel to the cowling

- clear part for the bombing panel under the fuselage (to be painted when necessary - we still don't know when Fairey and Austin started to put in place the clear panel)

- cowling and fuselage shape around the engine will probably be improved (under study)

Glad to hear you have taken on board constructive comments!

• Like 1

Some additionnal 3D views from the Battle incorporations some of the remarks we received. We will get a clear panel under the belly, the hump immediately after this panel, the forward part was slightly modified (if not mistaken), we will get the standard MG and probably the specific Belgian and Greek ones. Under study : clear navigation lights.

:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - 3D renders - release September 2022

Release now expected in September 2022

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

Due to production constraints, we have to reschedule the Fairey Battle. 

3D views of two rear firing MG (3 different MG should be supplied), Browning et FN38

http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0046-2

FR0046-MG001p.jpg FR0046-MG002p.jpg

V.P.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - 3D renders - release in 2022 ?

Source: http://frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil

Some molds - incl. the Super Mystère B2 & the Fairey Battle - were planned to be made in Ukraine. Considering the war going on in this country, delays are expected.

Nouvelles : certains moules du Super Mystère B2 au 1/48 ème et du Fairey Battle au 1/72 ème devaient être faits en Ukraine. Compte tenu d'événements indépendants de notre volonté, ces projets vont prendre du retard ... Le SPAD 510 est réalisé selon une technique différente et sa date de sortie n'est pas modifiée

V.P.

• Sad 2

• 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by FRROM - 3D renders+sprues design - release in 2023
  • 4 months later...

This has been in the offing for so long now (and personally also on back-order with Hannants for ages) that I'm beginning to think it will never appear so does anyone have any up to date information to confirm either way?

Judging by the scans of the parts break down it looks quite superb but then again so is a perfect vacuum which is also similarly elusive!

I'm looking to add a Battle to my Battle of France themed display at some point this year so may have to resort to the old Airfix kit instead, or the MPM one if I can find one somewhere.

Pat.

33 minutes ago, PatG said:

This has been in the offing for so long now (and personally also on back-order with Hannants for ages) that I'm beginning to think it will never appear so does anyone have any up to date information to confirm either way?

Judging by the scans of the parts break down it looks quite superb but then again so is a perfect vacuum which is also similarly elusive!

I'm looking to add a Battle to my Battle of France themed display at some point this year so may have to resort to the old Airfix kit instead, or the MPM one if I can find one somewhere.

Pat.

From the Frrom website :

"FR0046 Fairey Battle is also progressing, Milling started, the sprue layout is in the dedicated page.  Release : Q2 2023." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Re-reading this thread it seems SH are involved which bodes well for the final product so hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of months.

Pat.

Ps. have 3 on back-order with Hannants and expect canopy masks etc.. to follow as well, and perhaps a rendition of the questionable ventral gun and sight. Just hope the dorsal gun options include a Vickers as well

Update from Azur / Frrom:

"FR0046 Fairey Battle is near completion, we should show 3 test shots in Bron (Wings, small parts, clear parts), fuselage mold will be sent to Prague in a few days. Box arts and camouflage schemes under validation. Expected release : May 2023 in Prague." 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Great news. I hope it comes to fruition soon. I think I need to build one which reflects the courage of those crews who went on those practically suicidal raids.

• Like 3