1/72 - Nemeth Parasol by AviS - released

Homebee

23 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I had to Google it, expecting to read that its pilot died horribly on the first flight, but apparently it was quite successful:

https://disciplesofflight.com/nemeth-parasol-strange-aircraft/

John

“The operation was a success but the patient died.”

Now, the good General @general melchett really must see this one! What am I talking about - he's probably already built one for a magazine! At this point I am hopeful that Avis will release the Farley Fruitbat!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Haha 2

Oddly enough dear fruitbat, I hadn't and haven't. Basically a fixed wing autogyro, apparently it had excellent STOL abilities and was easy to fly. Yet another Interesting addition by Avis, as usual they've dug up another oddball design from the dim and distant for us 'way off base' types to enjoy. Hopefully they'll see this and decide it's only logical to release a PZL M-15 Belphagor, the previously mentioned PL-11 Airtruk, AD Scout or maybe, if we're really lucky, a Farman F.120....that's if the modelling world could take em! 

• Like 2

These are great little kits for working on while something on a {larger] kit is drying. Not that they are by any means "shake 'n' bake", there's always a fair bit of clean-up to do, as with any limited run kit.

The subject matter is always interesting. I'm working on their Mig-8, an experimental canard-winged design of the mid-40s, having recently completed the Stearman-Hammond Y-1 and one of the Bristol M.1C's.

They build up into nice little models.  Oooh I see the @general melchett has built the Lee-Richards........must get one !

Rog

• Like 2

Yes, the Stipa is one I can see Avis providing. I'd buy it! And General, I would love to see a Belphegor, the only turbo-fan biplane that I know of, right off hand. And who could resist the resplendent Jabiru (Farman F.120). Certainly, not I! But which version to select - as the saying goes, 'One's prettier than another.'.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nemeth Parasol by AviS - released