Southern Europe GB Chat

Wez

• Wez changed the title to Southern Europe GB for 2023... ...now at 28! Come and join us!
16 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Count me in. I have a bunch of Italian subjects to choose from that need built.

Just the thing!

Thanks for signing up,

Anybody else wish to join us?  Any subject from any country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta, Albania or Cyprus is eligible.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TimJ said:

Can you put me down for #29 as I've got a few Italian cars in the stash. 

Certainly!  Thanks for signing up.

One more needed to get into the bunfight but more names welcome.

Come and join us.

• Wez changed the title to Southern Europe GB for 2023... ...now at 29! Just one more needed for the bunfight!

That's a cracking job Pat, very elegant looking aircraft the Cant.

I was away at the weekend and had some connectivity issues, finally managed to update the list.

Just one more needed to make it into the bunfight, it could be you, YES YOU SIR/MADAM!  Come and join us.

Any subject from any country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta, Albania or Cyprus is eligible.

When else are you going to build that model of that Portuguese fishing smack, anything from the Spanish Civil War, a recreation of Toulon harbour after the ships had been scuttled, a Knights Templar, any Italian sports car, an Akrotiri based Wessex, a scale model of King Zog...   ...you get the picture, any subject from any time from any country that has a coastline in southern Europe.  The possibilities are endless! 

• Thanks 1

I have joined but I don't see my name on the list :)

Do I become number 30 then?

BTW does Israel, Egypt and Syria count? Thye have a Mediterranean coast...

Cheers, Moggy (builder of Italian, Spanish Civil War and French aircraft)

• Thanks 1

• Wez changed the title to Southern Europe GB for 2023... ...in the bunfight!
7 hours ago, Moggy said:

I have joined but I don't see my name on the list :)

Do I become number 30 then?

Yes!  Sorry for missing you and thank you for prompting me about it, you've got us into the bunfight. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Moggy said:

BTW does Israel, Egypt and Syria count? Thye have a Mediterranean coast...

No, that counts for the Middle East in my book.

@Enzo Matrix another entry for the bunfight! :frantic:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I bought the Ejercito del'Aire boxing of the Special Hobby Hispano Buchon at the Irish Model Soldier Society show a couple of weekends ago.  I'd like to join in with that one.  I daresay I'll still have some Folgore or Veltro kits still lying about by then as well.

Does it have to be operated in Southern Europe or would manufactured there and operated elsewhere count? I'm thinking of a Swedish CASA 212. Would built in Spain and operated in Sweden qualify? I have plenty of other options if not.

On 27/05/2022 at 03:13, zebra said:

Does it have to be operated in Southern Europe or would manufactured there and operated elsewhere count? I'm thinking of a Swedish CASA 212. Would built in Spain and operated in Sweden qualify? I have plenty of other options if not.

Good question, my original intention was to feature the markings used in the region but if you're modelling for instance, a Ferrari or a Ducati, you wouldn't necessarily model it with Italian numberplates would you, so for that reason your Spanish CASA 212 in Swedish markings would be eligible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Good question, my original intention was to feature the markings used in the region but if you're modelling for instance, a Ferrari or a Ducati, you wouldn't necessarily model it with Italian numberplates would you, so for that reason your Spanish CASA 212 in Swedish markings would be eligible.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2022 at 08:43, Grandboof said:

Yes Please . Probably something something Greek 

Martin H

Something Greek sounds eminently suitable Martin, thanks for signing up, your name's been added to the list.

Room for more, anyone else want to join.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Wez!

Did I sign up? My record isn’t good but maybe I should so count me in.

Martin

Hi Martin,

No you didn't so I've added your name to the list.

Your superb recent Greek RF-84F is an excellent example of the sort of aircraft I hoped to see in this GB.

Thanks for signing up.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, Wez said:

Hi Martin,

No you didn't so I've added your name to the list.

Your superb recent Greek RF-84F is an excellent example of the sort of aircraft I hoped to see in this GB.

Thanks for signing up.

Thanks Wez. I’m again inspired by all things Mediterranean with my current F-84F build. I will be deviating to Finland, and the US, but will be back with some Spanish at some point ;).

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would Bordeaux-Merignac aerodrome fall into this region? You can probably guess why -

KG40

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

FW-200 ? 

And maybe a Ju 290 of FAGr 5 from Mont-de Marsan also in the Bordeaux area - would they be eligible?

Pete

• Like 2

On 31/07/2022 at 07:04, ModelingEdmontonian said:

I'm intrigued and would be happy to join!

Great, thanks for signing up, I'll add your name to the list.

On 29/07/2022 at 18:14, PeterB said:

Would Bordeaux-Merignac aerodrome fall into this region? You can probably guess why -

KG40

Pete

Sorry Peter but Bordeaux-Merignac is too far north, it's not on the southern coast of France, likewise Mont de Marsan.

I thought I'd covered this before but looking back, I hadn't clarified the point about France. 

Basically, this is for those states that essentially border the Med and the Adriatic and are included in Europe, plus poor old Portugal because it often gets left out.  For France to stop it just being another French Fancy GB, it really means those departments in the l'Occitanie and Provence-Alps-Cote D'Azur as well as Corsica which would be eligible.

Using my trusty Le Guide Officiel Camping Caravaning these are:

Hautes-Pyrénées

Haute-Garrone

Ariège

Pyrénées-Orient

Aude

Hérault

Gard

Bouches-du-Rhône

Var

Alpes-Maritimes

• Like 1