Southern Europe GB Chat

Wez

22 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wez 

I think that this Gb looks like a MTO GB ? in that case what about a post WWII MTO GB in which every country with an access to the Med sea would be elligible ? 

Best Regards 

Patrice  

Patrice, I hear what you're saying and that would open thing up a bit more but there's one sticking point, Portugal isn't in the Med and I want to include often neglected Portugal.  Also, I want to include subjects from antiquity too.

16 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Sounds like a good idea Wez. 

Please add add me to the list. 

Thanks 

James

Thanks James, you're on the list.

Anyone else?

• Like 3

Please put me down @Wez, always keen to add ‘Malta’ subjects to my collection. I might even try my hand at some of their latter Armed Forces of Malta  period with possible subjects which could include an Alouette, Islander, Bird Dog and S.A Bulldog (among others). Sourcing decals is the hard part, so might need to source a custom decal company in time. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Please put me down @Wez, always keen to add ‘Malta’ subjects to my collection. I might even try my hand at some of their latter Armed Forces of Malta  period with possible subjects which could include an Alouette, Islander, Bird Dog and S.A Bulldog (among others). Sourcing decals is the hard part, so might need to source a custom decal company in time. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Dave,

Agreed sourcing the decals for the latter day Maltese stuff is more difficult, hopefully someone will be able to help you out.  Fortunately, your choices for WWII Malta are much more prolific but it would be interesting to see some latter day stuff.

Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else interested?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wez said:

Patrice, I hear what you're saying and that would open thing up a bit more but there's one sticking point, Portugal isn't in the Med and I want to include often neglected Portugal.  Also, I want to include subjects from antiquity too.

Thanks James, you're on the list.

Anyone else?

Good evening Wez

It is your GB you decide what you want to accept ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave. 

There's a Maltese Alouette on this sheet Dave;

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER72097N?result-token=QwBr1

Its a start at least.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wez 

I think that this Gb looks like a MTO GB ? in that case what about a post WWII MTO GB in which every country with an access to the Med sea would be elligible ? 

Best Regards 

Patrice  

Never mind!

Edited by Paul Bradley
Query already answered....

30 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

There's a Maltese Alouette on this sheet Dave;

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER72097N?result-token=QwBr1

Its a start at least.

Thanks Craig. I actually have decals for the Alouette, it’s the others I’m short on. Hopefully something will turn up one day? 
Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Caracal do a Maltese Islander in 1/48 Dave, not sure if they plan to release it in 1/72 though.

I’ve seen that too and have almost been tempted to upscale on more than one occasion. This could always still occur in any moment of sheer madness, so anything’s possible. I also believe the Tarangus 1/48 S.A Bulldog has Maltese decals included straight OOB, now that’s quite tempting as well. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

OK, I'm in.
Not sure what I'd build, but this sounds good

39 minutes ago, Prenton said:

Well, anything that includes the Spanish Civil War is a runner for me, so please add me to the list,  Happy to support (and vote for it in the Bunfight in November 2022, of course.....)

Philip

Thanks guys forsigning up.

Room for more, anyone else want to join?

Mid-week push for this one, lots of scope from antiquity to modern times, land sea and air, just as long as it fits within the geographical boundary of coastal southern Europe and Portugal.

9 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, if WW2 Malta is eligible then I have a couple of candidates. Regards, Jeff. 

It is, welcome along.

Anyone else?

• Thanks 1

• Wez changed the title to Southern Europe GB for 2023... ...halfway there!
11 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

I’ll throw my hat in here, I have a number of Fulmars in my stash - lots of Med connections there.  I might even try some wing origami on one of them...

This isn't intended to be another MTO GB but if your Fulmars were land based at Gib, Malta or Cyprus that would be fine, if they were carrier based, the carrier would have to be Gib or Malta based (e.g. not Alexandria).  Are you still interested.

11 hours ago, dnl42 said:

My stash could provide 2 PZL P.24s in Greek markings. 

Perfect!  I'll add your name to the list.

5 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

16 signed up, halfway there. Wez, if we all promise to do two models, does that get us to 30...? 😉

Only if @Enzo Matrix lets our votes count for double in the bunfight.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Wez

Add my name to the list I think I can find something suitable in my stash ...

Best Regards

Patrice

Thanks Patrice.

Anyone else up for this?