Southern Europe GB Chat

Wez

Definitely getting my vote, this one. Likely something Italian, to make up for "Parliamo Italiano" not making it last year. (Quick check tells me I have kits that will do for seven of the GB proposals - eight if you count the Entropy thing, but I don't think my modelling skills are up to that...)

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before @Wez, but what's the situation re. foreign forces based in and/or operating in these Southern European countries (for example, you've mentioned the defence of Malta)?

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Sorry if this has been asked before @Wez, but what's the situation re. foreign forces based in and/or operating in these Southern European countries (for example, you've mentioned the defence of Malta)?

Thanks

Foreign based are fine providing they are actually based there, for instance 56 Sqn on Lightnings were based in Cyprus so that's acceptable, but 56 Sqn with Phantoms only went there on detachment e.g. APC, so that wouldn't be acceptable.  Does this help?

26 minutes ago, Wez said:

Foreign based are fine providing they are actually based there, for instance 56 Sqn on Lightnings were based in Cyprus so that's acceptable, but 56 Sqn with Phantoms only went there on detachment e.g. APC, so that wouldn't be acceptable.  Does this help?

Thanks Wez, yes that's very clear.  My 728 Squadron, Sturgeon TT.2 should be fine then (Hal Far, Malta) :).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CliffB said:

Thanks Wez, yes that's very clear.  My 728 Squadron, Sturgeon TT.2 should be fine then (Hal Far, Malta) :).

Absolutely!  Good luck with that!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Is the former Yugoslavia far south enough, out of interest?

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Yes it is, the question was asked earlier.

:hmmm:   Yugoslavian F-86D...  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Even better, how about an F-86D and Mig-21F-13 on the same airfield, there are photos of this.

🇺🇦

I'd expect the F-86 to have a better radar in spite of the age difference between the airframes!

Anyway, to the poll, if you haven't voted please go here to vote!

• Like 2

I'm going to restrict myself to building from The Stash for this one (if it gets through the Bunfight).   But that's not helping me in the slightest. :fraidnot:

Spanish AV-8S.   In memory of a wonderful detachment to Naval Station Rota in the late 80s.

Greek Mirage F1   Aegean Ghost scheme?    How can anyone resist that?

Italian Fiat G91     Well...  I've been waiting to build one of these for decades.

Italian F-104S     In the late all grey scheme.   Again, how can anyone resist that?

Regianne Re 2005 Sagittario...   in 1/48 scale?  How good will that look?  

10 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I'm going to restrict myself to building from The Stash for this one (if it gets through the Bunfight).   But that's not helping me in the slightest. :fraidnot:

Spanish AV-8S.   In memory of a wonderful detachment to Naval Station Rota in the late 80s.

Greek Mirage F1   Aegean Ghost scheme?    How can anyone resist that?

Italian Fiat G91     Well...  I've been waiting to build one of these for decades.

Italian F-104S     In the late all grey scheme.   Again, how can anyone resist that?

Regianne Re 2005 Sagittario...   in 1/48 scale?  How good will that look?  

Great choices Enzo...  ... build them all!

• Haha 3

Call it skulduggery or the usual bunfight shenanigans but some :rant: individuals have withdrawn their votes from this GB which means we've dropped down the pecking order.

This means we need your votes more than ever. if you've yet to vote then now's the time to place your vote here!

Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your pets!  Get them to vote for the Southern Europe GB in the Bunfight Poll!

• Like 1

Having played a low-key campaign during the poll without any of the arm twisting wheedling pleading methods that some others may have resulted to... :whistle:

...we qualified for a slot in next year's GBs!

Many thanks to all that voted for us.

Just waiting for the wrangling over slots to finish now. 

Now however is the time to put out a request for a Co-host or indeed Co-hosts for this GB, if you're interested please let me know.

• Like 1

Eh, somebody's *gotta* ask this, and it may just as well be me... Are e.g. airplanes from non-Southern European countries with a coastline that are/were on a long term based in Southern European countries with a coast line, in places like Ta Qali, Comiso, Iraklion, Foggia, Cagliari, Aviano etc eligible in this Group Build?

4 hours ago, Wez said:

Now however is the time to put out a request for a Co-host or indeed Co-hosts for this GB, if you're interested please let me know.

As indicated elsewhere, happy to help.