Southern Europe GB Chat

Wez

13 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Are you aware of any decal sheets for Italian Spitfires other than the Xtradecal Overseas Users one, @Giorgio N?

The book looks interesting. 

I can't remember if Model Time ever issued a 1/72 version of their sheet, IIRC they did but in any case this would be be pretty hard to find.

Tauromodel had a Vb in one of their older sheet and then issued a sheet dedicated to the Mk.IX not too long ago

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, it's a fair way off and plans have been known to change, but if I can safely remove the molded-on bulges without the hull collapsing I'm planning to convert the Airfix Belfast kit into HMS Sheffield.

Regards, Jeff.

Jeff,

It would be great to see a Shiny Sheff in the GB.  I must say, I'd lack the courage to do such work.

@Giorgio N many thanks for taking the time to answer the questions regarding the Italian Spitfires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally figured this one out and it’s so obvious I have at least one Nieuport 17 in the stash that I was going to do in Italian colours anyway. And of course I have 1 1/2 Ansaldos ( don’t ask) in the stash too.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

Still not sure what I'll build yet, but I've got a few options in the stash: Airfix and Italeri AV-8S Matadors, Airfix Bristol Beaufighter with some fetching Portuguese markings, a somewhat leftfield Burago metal kit of an Alfa Romeo 156 or an Italeri Hellenic A-7 Corsair II. 

At the moment I'm leaning towards the A-7H after finding this article on their retirement from the Greek air force:

https://www.globalaviationresource.com/v2/2014/10/27/aviation-feature-hellenic-air-force-a-7-corsair-ii-retirement-16-17-october-2014/

I really love a grubby SLUF in that camo scheme!

Edited by Bobby No Mac
Put in a return before the link because the justification was making my eyes bleed
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Still not sure what I'll build yet, but I've got a few options in the stash: Airfix and Italeri AV-8S Matadors, Airfix Bristol Beaufighter with some fetching Portuguese markings, a somewhat leftfield Burago metal kit of an Alfa Romeo 156 or an Italeri Hellenic A-7 Corsair II. 

At the moment I'm leaning towards the A-7H after finding this article on their retirement from the Greek air force:

https://www.globalaviationresource.com/v2/2014/10/27/aviation-feature-hellenic-air-force-a-7-corsair-ii-retirement-16-17-october-2014/

The Portuguese Beaufighter would be an interesting addition to this GB as would the Matadors.

As much as I love a grubby SLUF, don't forget there's also the Last of the Gunfighters' & 'Slufs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) stgb should you find you don't have the time to get it into this GB but still want to make it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Superb! I was fortunate to get to Araxos during Starfighter days, although without the access described in this article. It will always hold great memories :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

I vote Greek Corsair 🌞

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

I'm thinking of an Italian F-104S for this one.

Cheers, Stefan.

Eccellente!

5 hours ago, Louise said:

I'm in for this as I build lots of Royal Yugoslav Air Force items and have loads still in the stash

Some interesting stuff there for sure, welcome along.

This GB is on my list of probable GBs.  I'll likely be in with a HAF Mirage 2000-5...unless I've got a hankering for a car of some sorts by that time (got a couple Ferraris & Lambos to choose from).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, helios16v said:

This GB is on my list of probable GBs.  I'll likely be in with a HAF Mirage 2000-5...unless I've got a hankering for a car of some sorts by that time (got a couple Ferraris & Lambos to choose from).

Whatever you choose will be welcome (but I'd really love to see the Mirage)

32 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

I’ll be here for this one! I’ve just taken delivery of a Hasegawa 1/72 Eurofighter which I’ll dress in Italian markings (any recommendations for decals??).

Bellissimo!

model maker decals have a series of appenninian  fighters (4sets), they have great options. Hannants has them. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...