Southern Europe GB Chat

Wez

7 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

I'm in. Undecided what I'll build but the Hellenic Air Force lends itself to some interesting subjects.

Good choice, agreed, the Hellenic AF definitely had some interesting types.

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Add me to the list please @Wez!

Certainly sir, with luck you'll get that Italian subject built!

Room for more, come and join us, if you can find a subject from a country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta or Cyprus - it's in!

• Wez changed the title to Southern Europe GB for 2023... ...2/3rds there!
7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Wez

Adrian Warburton's Martin Maryland for me, something I've been wanting to build for a long time.

Please add me to the list

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat, that's an interesting subject too.

Anybody else want to join us, room for more.

11 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Sign me in. More than a few Spanish and Italian items in my collection if nothing else.

Thanks Tim

Anyone else want to join us?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ettore said:

Beautiful ! I will be there

Ettore

Great, thanks for signing up Ettore.

Anyone else interested in this?  Lots of scope from antiquity to modern times, land sea and air, just as long as it fits within the geographical boundary of coastal southern Europe and Portugal.

Hmm the more I think about it. I do have 1 and 1/2 ( it’s a long story) 1/48 Ansaldo s in the stash and I would like to build a Caproni triplane and a Bugatti racer ( the plane not the car) and I’m always amenable to a Spanish civil war build so count me in.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2021 at 18:14, Marklo said:

Hmm the more I think about it. I do have 1 and 1/2 ( it’s a long story) 1/48 Ansaldo s in the stash and I would like to build a Caproni triplane and a Bugatti racer ( the plane not the car) and I’m always amenable to a Spanish civil war build so count me in.

I have been very remiss in responding to this, apologies.

Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else want to join in, if you can find a subject from a country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta or Cyprus - it's in!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

New year punt for this one, any subject from any country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta or Cyprus is eligible.

Gidday Wez, I said earlier that I have a couple of candidates for this GB that relate to Malta, however on November 25th you pointed out that this wasn't meant to be another MTO GB - the subjects had to be based there. My two candidates were HMS Ledbury and HMS Eagle. Both took part in the Pedestal convoy that saved Malta but neither ship was actually based there that I'm aware of so I guess then these two wouldn't qualify.

But all is not lost! Although I've recently done a couple of British cruisers I wish to do another - HMS Sheffield, that was part of Force H that operated out of Gibraltar. Another candidate is a Gloster Gladiator. Didn't the air defence of Malta consist of only three Gladiators at one point, nicknamed 'Faith', 'Hope' and 'Charity'? I might be able to scratchbuild a Gladiator. So I'm still in.

Regards, Jeff.

5 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Wez, I said earlier that I have a couple of candidates for this GB that relate to Malta, however on November 25th you pointed out that this wasn't meant to be another MTO GB - the subjects had to be based there. My two candidates were HMS Ledbury and HMS Eagle. Both took part in the Pedestal convoy that saved Malta but neither ship was actually based there that I'm aware of so I guess then these two wouldn't qualify.

But all is not lost! Although I've recently done a couple of British cruisers I wish to do another - HMS Sheffield, that was part of Force H that operated out of Gibraltar. Another candidate is a Gloster Gladiator. Didn't the air defence of Malta consist of only three Gladiators at one point, nicknamed 'Faith', 'Hope' and 'Charity'? I might be able to scratchbuild a Gladiator. So I'm still in.

Regards, Jeff.

Jeff,

A Force H cruiser will be ideal!  You're right about the Gladiators although wouldn't it just be easier to make a kit, there's some really nice ones out there...   ...just sayin' right!

7 hours ago, Wez said:

You're right about the Gladiators although wouldn't it just be easier to make a kit, there's some really nice ones out there...

Yeah but probably not in 1/600 scale. 😥 I've done a few aircraft in that scale, mainly as trials for airgroups on aircraft carriers I wish to make in 1/600. To date I've made four, the most recent on Boxing Day for the Blitzenbuild. If I can do a Gladiator then I can do Sea-Gladiators for the carriers. Probably not much difference between the two in that scale. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This one has been a bit quiet for a couple of weeks, time to give it a push.

Any subject from any country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta, Albania or Cyprus is eligible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Time to give this one a push.

Any subject from any country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta, Albania or Cyprus is eligible.

A Portuguese fishing smack, anything from the Spanish Civil War, a recreation of Toulon harbour after the ships had been scuttled, a Knights Templar, any Italian sports car, an Akrotiri based Wessex, a scale model of King Zog...   ...you get the picture, any subject from any time from any country that has a coastline in southern Europe.  The possibilities are endless! 

• 1 month later...

Really surprised this isn't more popular,  the old Mediterranean Theatre of Operations  (MTO) where really well supported 🤔 

Come on ladies and gents, most if not all of us have something we can build in this one.

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2022 at 19:44, John Masters said:

Why not?  I'm a glutton for punishment...

Good man!  Only, it won't be punishment, it'll be a delight!  Thanks for signing up.

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

Put me down for a faded dusty greek sluf Wez.

Just the very thing!  Thanks to you for signing up.

19 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really surprised this isn't more popular,  the old Mediterranean Theatre of Operations  (MTO) where really well supported 🤔 

Come on ladies and gents, most if not all of us have something we can build in this one.

Cheers Pat

Thanks for the rabble rousing Pat, yes I had hoped this would be more popular, plenty of people signed up for the Italian GB and lots of people are interested in the SCW.

Come on folks!  Any subject from any country that has a coastline from Spain to Greece, as well as Portugal, Malta, Albania or Cyprus is eligible.

On 19/02/2022 at 08:12, Wez said:

A Portuguese fishing smack, anything from the Spanish Civil War, a recreation of Toulon harbour after the ships had been scuttled, a Knights Templar, any Italian sports car, an Akrotiri based Wessex, a scale model of King Zog...   ...you get the picture, any subject from any time from any country that has a coastline in southern Europe.  The possibilities are endless! 

Surely you can find something that fits in here?

• Like 2

• Wez changed the title to Southern Europe GB for 2023... ...at 25 already!
13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Put me down for #26 Wez, a Hasegawa F-86D with some Greek decals courtesy of Hi Decal which both linger in my stock is a possibility for this.

Steve.

Nice choice Steve, thanks for signing up.

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I feel the itch to build a Greek F-16C. That's a reason good enough to add my name to the list too, please. V-P

Another great choice, thanks to you too.

I must say Greek choices are proving popular, this is excellent news!