IAF F-4E Phantom in 1/48 scale

Einar

The meanest looking jet fighter of all times is IMHO the Phantom. My model depicts a Phantom that was one of the 34 USAF fighters that the US sent as emergency replacements to Israel during the Yom Kippur war in October, 1973. This was because during the first eight days of the conflict the IAF had lost 23 fighters to the efficient SAM's of the Arab adversaries. The US Phantoms were urgently flown to Israel in their Vietnam war camo and they were immediately sent to action. Only the national markings and some warning stencils were replaced. The Phantoms were operated by the IAF 69 "Hammers" Squadron and the Hebrew nickname of the Phantom was "kurnass" or "sledgehammer". 

I built the model quite many years ago from an excellent Hasegawa kit.  I also used a lot of aftermarket parts for instance Verlinden and Eduard photoeches to the cockpit and Cutting Edge resin parts for the jet nozzles. The main decals and stencils I ordered from IsraDecals. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Great work!

Rare  to see Israeli fighters in American camo!

But there are also some grey F-16 out there!

But I do not think Skyhawks exist that way, no?

Luckily for the Israelis the Arab states did not get this unconditional and especially timely support!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Great work!

Rare  to see Israeli fighters in American camo!

But there are also some grey F-16 out there!

But I do not think Skyhawks exist that way, no?

Luckily for the Israelis the Arab states did not get this unconditional and especially timely support!

Thank you 

I don't think there were any grey Skyhawks in the IAF...and lyckily enough the Arab states didn't get that kind of support

Cheers,

Einar

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phil1960 said:

Great Karpada! If I remember right among those F4e was Steve Ritchie Ace aircraft👍 Well done

Ciao Filippo

Grazie mille Filippo 

Einar