Hi Everyone!

Tom143

Greetings all. I'm just gathering supplies to start building my very first model. I'm an F-14 fan (one who watched Top Gun because I loved the Tomcat instead of the other way around) and what led me here was buying a Hobby Boss diecast model Tomcat. As soon as I took the thing out of the packaging the first part fell off, and I was dumb enough to try to glue it back on (bye bye refund) but pieces kept falling off as I did, with a pretty sorry looking result. After seeing loadout limitations on even more expensive diecast models I've finally decided if I want one built right I'll have to build it myself, so I now have the Revell Super Tomcat (03960) kit on the way. Thanks for reading and good luck with your own projects!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Welcome aboard! :clap2:

Just in case you aren't aware, there's an F-14 group build currently underway. It's due to end in a little over a month, but it's a good resource of F-14 info and currently available kits.

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Tom … :post1: from the city of Chicago USA. Im mostly an aircraft builder myself, though the last Tomcat I did was in 2015. 

Dennis

Thank you for the kind wishes 🙂 Hope the windy city being good to you Dennis, good to meet a fellow aircraft builder. Thanks for the info dnl42, I didn’t realise that build was happening, now I do I’ll be an interested observer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tom143 said:

Thank you for the kind wishes 🙂 Hope the windy city being good to you Dennis, good to meet a fellow aircraft builder.

The city is great, politicians and most of the residents not so much. 😉 Im usually pretty active around the Forum, if I can help please ask. 

Dennis

• Haha 1

Welcome Tom.

I saw Top Gun at the cinema. It irritated and captivated me in equal measures. I think his Kawasaki GPz900 was the real highlight. 😄

Think I prefer The Final Countdown for F-14 thrills. 😀

Ian 

36 minutes ago, IanC said:

Welcome Tom.

I saw Top Gun at the cinema. It irritated and captivated me in equal measures. I think his Kawasaki GPz900 was the real highlight. 😄

Think I prefer The Final Countdown for F-14 thrills. 😀

Ian 

That was definitely one gorgeous bike. Believe it or not I haven’t seen The Final Countdown yet, that might be the next movie I watch…

3 hours ago, Tom143 said:

Believe it or not I haven’t seen The Final Countdown yet, that might be the next movie I watch…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkOsXNF_ZoM

Tomcats v Zeros..

Apparently one of the F-14s momentarily stalled out during the filming and only just recovered. They left it in.