Ferrari 330 P4 - Fujimi by fnick

Fnick

Hi all

As promised here are some pics. I originally tried to take the against a black background but that just did not look right. Probably due to my setup rather than anything else. So here it is against a suitably blurry race track background!

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers, Nick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27

Thank you very much for the comments all. I felt my (slowly! 🙂) growing collection deserved a better home.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just shows what a mammoth the Chrysler is (and it's only in 1/25 scale as well!)

Nick

• Like 6

Well this one fought you and fought you again but you've wrestled it into submission. It looks very good in the photos and with the exception of the overhead shot the cracked windscreen doesn't really show at all - probably one of those things which you notice much more as the builder than other people will just viewing it. It's definitely one to be proud of, a good result plus the satisfaction of having beaten it.

Now, two suggestions if I may, and neither is about the model but its presentation. The race track background is a great idea, but looks a bit large for the car - is there an option to shrink the scale (maybe by as much as 50%) which will really make the car look like it's there. (See this pic to see what I'm getting at: https://images.app.goo.gl/VrJh4wRUxDWBPfAt6 ). If that isn't an option, you could try bringing the camera nearer the car to compensate, but that might introduce other issues.

The other is much easier to deal with and relates to your display case. While you can get away with it, try putting one car on each shelf. It'll help your models 'breathe' (visually, not literally of course!) and will help stop those empty shelves trying to rush you through your next build.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions Spiny. To be honest I  didn't even think about scale when I took the photos. I was just happy to find a backdrop that looked usable. Good point though and something to think about for the next one.

Regarding the display i was hesitating between a 5 and 6 shelf one (same size display) so I was seeing if the cars would looked too bunched up when the display is full. I need to take them out and give them a good clean as they have not been protected from dust since they were completed. I will spread them out then. 

As for rushing the next build at my build pace I'm not too worried! 😋

Nick

• Like 1

The end result is great all round! I saw the in progress thread and the problem of the mirrors,I agree that most pics of the car show quite big mirrors,but I came across a picture with smaller mirrors if it helps. Have a look on gtx forums .net  the pctwitter pic

section on the last page.. Like the display case as well,mine are just a mish mash....Chris.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fnick said:

Thanks for the suggestions Spiny. To be honest I  didn't even think about scale when I took the photos. I was just happy to find a backdrop that looked usable. Good point though and something to think about for the next one.

Regarding the display i was hesitating between a 5 and 6 shelf one (same size display) so I was seeing if the cars would looked too bunched up when the display is full. I need to take them out and give them a good clean as they have not been protected from dust since they were completed. I will spread them out then. 

As for rushing the next build at my build pace I'm not too worried! 😋

Nick

The good news is that I would think you could probably keep the width of that image and halve the height and it would be pretty close to being there. I can't talk though - there is a reason why I have plain backgrounds in my shots :)

And on the subject of display cabinets, I decided to try a trial in mine, and the end result was that if I absolutely ram the models in I could get 63 in. It'll look rubbish though, and after that I remember I have a '65 Pontiac in the stash which will totally ruin that calculation. Your case will look good when full, mine will need me to be careful not to overcrowd.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spiny said:

halve the height

Good idea but I'll need another background as the original was already a closeup so if I half the height I won't have enough height on the background. Right I'm off to Google images!

Nick

Stunning Ferrari!

Whatever hurdles you had to jump (I did not follow the WIP) you cleared them all with room to spare!

The 330 P4 must be one of Ferrari's most beautiful racecars IMHO!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great job on a kit that is not without it’s challenges. I remember struggling to install the windows without that “glued-on” look and you did a great job on this one. Decals also came out great, especially that tricky rear ‘21’ on the compound curve body panel. 
I never get tired of looking at 330’s, such a beautiful timeless race car. Great job Nick!

Edited by nearsightedjohn
Spelling
  • Thanks 1