2022 GB and STGB Calendar

Here is my preliminary draft for the 2022 groupbuilds calendar.

Some GBs were already grandfathered in, so they haven't moved.  It have attenpted to take into account a number of factors:

No similar subjects running concurrently

No GBs with the same host running concurrently

Some GBs have an obvious start date - hello, Canadian GB.  :D 

If there are any major issues, give me a shout.

spacer.png

GB                                                        Start                    End                       Hosts
F/A-18 STGB                                        Sat, 8 Jan 22        Sun, 10 Apr 22        @Anatol Pigwa
Matchbox Classic                                 Sat, 8 Jan 22         Sun, 29 May 22      @JOCKNEY

Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB    Sat, 22 Jan 22       Sun, 15 May 22      @Col. 
Mig-21 STGB                                       Sat, 12 Feb 22      Sun, 15 May 22      @Corsairfoxfouruncle
Big And British                                     Sat, 5 Mar 22      Sun, 26 Jun 22       @Adam Poultney
M3/M4 STGB                                     Sat, 19 Mar 22      Sun, 19 Jun 22         @PlaStix
Falklands 40th                                     Sat, 2 Apr 22         Sun, 24 Jul 22           Enzo Matrix
Turning Japanese                                 Sat, 16 Apr 22       Sun, 7 Aug 22         @trickyrich
Do-17 STGB                                         Sat, 23 Apr 22       Sun, 24 Jul 22        @vppelt68
Blitzbuild 1                                           Sat, 30 Apr 22       Mon, 2 May 22        Enzo Matrix
Century Fighters                                  Sat, 4 Jun 22         Sun, 25 Sep 22         @Dansk
Revell Monogram Classic                      Sat, 25 Jun 22      Sun, 13 Nov 22          @stevej60
Canadian GB                                        Fri, 1 Jul 22          Sun, 23 Oct 22            @zebra
F-5 STGB                                              Sat, 16 Jul 22       Sun, 16 Oct 22           @Robert Stuart
F-15 50th Anniversary STGB                Wed, 27 Jul 22      Sun, 30 Oct 22           Corsairfoxfouruncle
Blitzbuild 2                                           Sat, 27 Aug 22     Mon, 29 Aug 22          Enzo Matrix
P-38 Lightning STGB                            Sat, 10 Sep 22      Sun, 11 Dec 22           trickyrich
Prototypes and Racers                          Sat, 24 Sep 22      Sun, 15 Jan 23            Col.
Meteor STGB                                         Sat, 15 Oct 22     Sun, 15 Jan 23            Corsairfoxfouruncle
Armoured Cars GB                                 Sat, 29 Oct 22    Sun, 19 Feb 23             Robert Stuart
JU-88 STGB                                           Sat, 12 Nov 22    Sun, 12 Feb 23             vppelt68
KUTA 2022                                            Sat, 19 Nov 22    Sun, 12 Mar 23            Enzo Matrix
Blitzenbuild                                            Sat, 24 Dec 22    Tue, 27 Dec 22             Enzo Matrix 

Note:  if the dates in the graphic and the dates in the table do not match, the table is to be considered correct.  It's easier to change the table than the graphic. :D 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

Sorry - it is there but called the Sherman GB? And Robert isn't hosting it, I am.

Could it please be changed back to the M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB? 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Dates for Big and British should work for me. Might not be here much towards the end as I'll be finishing my first year at uni, but it nicely encompasses the Easter break when I can build, build, build and build

• Like 1

I've just got to build something for the F/A-18 STGB... Oohh! and the Matchbox Classic GB... Oohh! Oohh! and the Bomber / Strike / Ground Attack GB... Oohh! Oohh! Oohh! and the Big and British GB... etc. etc. :bounce::frantic::bounce::frantic:

:rofl:

John

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Might not be here much towards the end

Adam as you have let me "play trains" in this GB, and I have a couple of other possible builds for it - neither of which are aircraft, I am happy to offer my services as co-host here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Might not be here much towards the end as I'll be finishing my first year at uni,

Adam if those dates are awkward for your studies, You can swap with us if it helps you, I have no date preferences

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Am I still in as co-host ? 

You certainly are - as long as you have the time in amongst all your other GBs!! I think you've become Britmodeller’s professional host! 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

You certainly are - as long as you have the time in amongst all your other GBs!! I think you've become Britmodeller’s professional host! 

I should be ok, though I also have the Revellogram co-host slot. Yeah I think you're correct, this is going to be a full time gig next year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just update the Holy and Most Sacred Spreadsheet and all is good with the world for next year, no craziness with build all stacked up like this year, only 7 GB/STGB's for me this year! Had 12 build this year!! 

May even have time to build a monster, a "Car door" conversion of a 1/32nd resin Typhoon maybe???

• Like 1

Gidday, I'm down for Big and British, Falklands and Turning Japanese. I've also got two builds on the go now, one of them in KUTA 2021. I think I'm going to have a VERY busy first half year. But I imagine that it will be impossible to arrange a program that suits all - I'll go with whatever is ultimately decided, and be grateful to the hosts for running these. Best regards, Jeff.

Can you shift everything to start from 1st of Feb? No?

Ok. It’s going to be a busy year from the get go when I get back from deployment! I may not fit it all in but I am looking forward to the challenge. With the matchbox beaufighter I just won on a certain site yesterday, I’m going to use my time here to plan and hit the ground running when I get home.

Edited by Rafwaffe
Spelling

Organising the calendar is a brilliant example of the principle that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Any calendar and any subsequent changes will be good for some folks and bad for others.

Most of my chosen GBs are in the first half of the year so I'm thinking 'WIPs in the Winter' or I might go 'out of my comfort zone' and join a GB that I wouldn't ordinarily have chosen in the second half.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Organising the calendar is a brilliant example of the principle that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Any calendar and any subsequent changes will be good for some folks and bad for others.

Most of my chosen GBs are in the first half of the year so I'm thinking 'WIPs in the Winter' or I might go 'out of my comfort zone' and join a GB that I wouldn't ordinarily have chosen in the second half.

or @Bertie Psmith my plan; use the second half of the year to finish the kits started in multiple parallel GBs (for me Century, Canadian and F-5, which I all want to do different kits from the stash in).

Chris

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

or @Bertie Psmith my plan; use the second half of the year to finish the kits started in multiple parallel GBs (for me Century, Canadian and F-5, which I all want to do different kits from the stash in).

Chris

That is also a strong possibility!😄

On 11/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Might not be here much towards the end as I'll be finishing my first year at uni,

22 hours ago, Dansk said:

Adam if those dates are awkward for your studies, You can swap with us if it helps you, I have no date preferences

5 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Honestly none of the slots are perfect but the one I have is workable. Just won't build in the last few weeks. 

thanks would have been nice but ok.

youth of today :doh:

p.s. as a group host its not just about you building your own model during the GB. 

• Like 3