1/1400 Enterprise D kit availability?

I have wanted to take a break from the historical models and venture back to sci-fi, and being a life long Trek fan I wanted to do my favourite ship. I just cannot find a kit of it anywhere except for crazy ebay prices. Does anyone know a source for one? Will it be re-released? I would like the clear one, but would settle for an older one?

Is this kit just gone for good now?

Cheers,

Sophie

I doubt we have seen the last of the Ent D but currently the only ones I can find are in the U.S. so will cost as much as the ebay prices once imported. There will a re-release at some point for sure but it may be some years in the future.

It's worth bearing in mind that the clear edition was over £70 when it was first issued in this country. (I got mine in the States when I was there).

If you really have to have one I have an old scrap kit that I built 20 years ago, it's rough and requires a lot of work but its complete and you could have it free if you cover postage.

On the plus side the 2500th one seems freely available.

The other solution would be to invest in a 3d printer and print as many as you want out.

Cheers,

Stuart

2 hours ago, Stu_davros said:

I doubt we have seen the last of the Ent D but currently the only ones I can find are in the U.S. so will cost as much as the ebay prices once imported. There will a re-release at some point for sure but it may be some years in the future.

It's worth bearing in mind that the clear edition was over £70 when it was first issued in this country. (I got mine in the States when I was there).

If you really have to have one I have an old scrap kit that I built 20 years ago, it's rough and requires a lot of work but its complete and you could have it free if you cover postage.

On the plus side the 2500th one seems freely available.

The other solution would be to invest in a 3d printer and print as many as you want out.

Cheers,

Stuart

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for an unbuilt one to do all the lighting. I do appreciate it though! :) I will keep searching and hopefully strike a lucky find! I do have a 3D printer, so that may be an option to go for!