KFS - Kit Form Services -closing down

Julien

Was speaking to the owner at Telford this weekend and he is retiring with the aim to shut Feb 2022 unless he runs out of stock before hand. 

a shame as he does some nice stuff. He had one less Ferret when I left.

Julien

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 14/11/2021 at 21:19, Julien said:

a shame as he does some nice stuff. He had one less Ferret when I left.

I agree Julien and I am currently saving up for a his Lightweight Landy.  I just hope I get enough funds in time, and he still has some left by then. :undecided:

cheers,

Mike

9 minutes ago, bootneck said:

I agree Julien and I am currently saving up for a his Lightweight Landy.  I just hope I get enough funds in time, and he still has some left by then. :undecided:

cheers,

Mike

Now listed as sold out, sorry Mike. He was shifting a lot at Telford.

• Thanks 1

There was someone with him on Sunday who was going to be taking over.  I was asking after the Landrover engine and gearbox as separate parts to go into Revell kit and the new chap said he’d bear it in mind for the future.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2021 at 13:02, dickbarton99 said:

expensive kits

Yes but worth it when you see what you get. 

On 16/11/2021 at 23:08, Andy G said:

There was someone with him on Sunday who was going to be taking over.  I was asking after the Landrover engine and gearbox as separate parts to go into Revell kit and the new chap said he’d bear it in mind for the future.

Good news if thats right. Thx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

As usual, I was late to the party; however, I managed to get a half ton trailer from KFS, :thumbsup: it was about all that was left.  I just need to scratch a Landy for it or perhaps just wait for the new producer to come along.   

cheers,
Mike

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Is the KFS site staying operational? I just looked on it and it shows new products coming, shows planned and parts still available

I doubt anyone on here would know that without them contacting KFS, why not drop them an e-mail?

58 minutes ago, Circloy said:

I doubt anyone on here would know that without them contacting KFS, why not drop them an e-mail?

KFS  would seem to be going on as the address has changed to a Brum address and they talking are about new products with the assistance of the orginial owner.

7 hours ago, Circloy said:

I was going to but wanted to check on here first since there is a thread on it.

6 hours ago, ocatlub said:

KFS  would seem to be going on as the address has changed to a Brum address and they talking are about new products with the assistance of the original owner.

Hopefully it sticks around, I need some parts but can't afford to rush and buy everything in one shot.

I just had a reply from KFS about their situation.

"Many thanks for your email.

Yes indeed we are remaining active.

We took over KFS from 1st March 2022 upon the retirement of the original founder Howard Whitehead.

We are continuing with the range and adding more products to it over the coming weeks/months.

Regards

Tracy Donaghey

Kit Form Services Ltd"

• Like 3