Academy F-4 1/72 - any good?

RidgeRunner

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Academy F-4 1/72 - any good?

It's sort of a mixed bag, but generally pretty good for what's essentially designed as a "snap together" kit for beginners. The biggest shortcomings are the weapons load (mediocre shape/detail and some rather clumsy attachments owing to the "no glue required" approach) and the decals (most boxings I know of actually have a set of stickers for beginners and a set of Academy's own waterslide decals, which have never gotten high marks). 

There's a build thread in progress now under the Phantom group build, suggest checking that out for photos and a good idea of detail & fit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CT7567 said:

It's sort of a mixed bag, but generally pretty good for what's essentially designed as a "snap together" kit for beginners. The biggest shortcomings are the weapons load (mediocre shape/detail and some rather clumsy attachments owing to the "no glue required" approach) and the decals (most boxings I know of actually have a set of stickers for beginners and a set of Academy's own waterslide decals, which have never gotten high marks). 

There's a build thread in progress now under the Phantom group build, suggest checking that out for photos and a good idea of detail & fit.

Well, it looks like I’ve acquired a pup through generosity :(. I’ve asked my mate if he can return it and get a Fine Molds instead :).

Martin