• 10 - Zvezda 1/72 C-130H Hercules
    • 11 - AZModel 1/72 Super Mystere B.2
    • 12 - Revell 1/72 A-1E Skyraider
    • 13 - Monogram 1/48 AD-6 Skyraider
    • 14 - Hasegawa 1/48 P-38L Lightning
    • 15 - Condor 1/72 MiG-25P Foxbat
    • 16 - UniModel 1/72 Assault Howitzer BT-42

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/11/21 at 10:00

y4m3H1Qlv74oCBLpJfKVujOZ85zEyjmi2qKLPsVu

Condor 1/72 MiG-25P.

y4mPJUdJghck2NlmgLbShmt5riBhFSqJyJr7pfW8

When my own KUTA builds are not enough, I'm building someone elses models :D I acquired this as a part of other kits I purchased. But I am really bad at throwing away kits, no matter if they are someone elses or in a really bad shape. I just can't do it. So, let's make the best out of it. It is practically done, how hard can it be? :D 

y4mqbLkHY2XpftNg7BD1SeGEj1B0OgT89vD_o9kF

It looks decent alright :) No major build or seam issues. Some touch ups required in the cockpit. There is a silver spray paint on top and grey brush paint on bottom, not sure what's up with that.... but they have to go.

y4mib-g5cAt3eqIB2sDA60tswnfiYbBj-zuh6JBD

Well, one quite big issue is the landing gear. The legs are broken. Real flimsy legs and there is no way they hold up the weight if I just glue them back on. So I might need to replace them with some metal rods or support them with metal in some other way. We will see.

y4mqBUTzvH7STWENJINOgoYs-Ma_p6PhJ9Bb73LV

Also, some sanding was required as the paint surface was quite rough, especially on the bottom. When I did that I realized that the panel lines were quite badly filled with paint...

y4mNo5gJBsYhe-3v2uj88yk373q8PMoIuQcDtf8W

So... I decided to rescribe the whole plane :D Right wing done, this might take a while... did someone say this was going to be easy? :D 

• Like 4

Hi Reini,

just like you, I cannot throw anything away!

It can be a nuisance, but...

Enjoy.

JR

• Like 2

21 hours ago, reini said:

It is practically done, how hard can it be? :D 

Gidday, if any a comment can tempt fate  .   .   .                              It looks good what you're doing, though. And like you I can't throw anything away either, not even sprue. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

I digressed a bit - Hellcat took the lead in this GB.

y4mVe_uBSlPFXWGIb7CA6oUt5WzXBxstmavadl1j

Eduard 1:72 F6F-5N nighfighter Hellcat. It was pretty much ready for paint so I coated it with black, followed by white airbrushed thru Vallejo's paint mask. Like can be seen, I wasn't too neat with it. 

y4mq--iyaXJ4wpBKwKs0HqvXuG5iL3JySSMuU2la

First layer of Vallejo Model Air 71.300 Glossy Sea Blue.

y4mZ-Jg4D6eWTEHo905-Ulvh6WrTlQtor6dSY17X

Second layer down. The effect is still quite noticeable under a heavy light - but it will be toned down a bit after some weathering etc. so I will leave it like this.

y4muk_ooJKO29IAhuU_nTBTK30JOzbZoN9Uv9jbF

Next step - decals :) All the small bits are basically done too so this is moving at a quick pace, should be ready well before Christmas.

• Like 7

y4mqdnFhgPAXZUC7xbftq5ApC09QTuk0YbBs0_sD

y4m78G1eATMmXd7ETHAT_mka3MlhhZYsEOgtLPMf

Decals are done! Not too many and they were good quality. I did not use any varnish - before or after. I just lightly polished the paint surface before applying the decal and lightly sanded them after they had dried.

y4mNNm7Fp_N66EWrb01KO00gX6pnTBtyf-1Yc6bW

Weathering consists mainly of Flory Models wash. Gray overall and few locations with some Grime just to add little variation.

y4mSzJCMlw1uFUdf7lI6dfLaCNAt2U1_GQ9UDBWd

All the small bits are more or less done too.

y4mQqGi4td0lfYIxbaQP4xWOy2hzrZtKndHmp4rr

Excess wash has been cleaned off.

y4mwPi2knvIzGWEX1qz8Gw30jJ6c2q7hZuIShza1

I've started to do some of the more localized weathering, like some chipping and some dirt stains on the fuel tank. Fuel tank is still missing the support straps.

• Like 13

59 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Great! Now, how about that flying truck?

I just might. Gotta do the MiG-25 first, still some rescribing to do but after that, pretty close to painting. And once I got to painting, things usually happen quite fast. 

The C-130 is barely started, but it should be an interesting project. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Hey @reini , how's that mig doing?

Still sitting in a box. Im waiting for it to rescribe itself but so far nothing has happened 😁 We will see if I continue working on it or move onto the C-130...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, reini said:

Still sitting in a box. Im waiting for it to rescribe itself but so far nothing has happened 😁 We will see if I continue working on it or move onto the C-130...

Well, while you're waiting for the rescribing magic to happen, I'd say move onto the big stuff!

• Haha 3

On 10/01/2022 at 08:22, JeroenS said:

Well, while you're waiting for the rescribing magic to happen, I'd say move onto the big stuff!

It's happening! I mean... not the rescribing magic - but me moving onto bigger stuff :D

On 12/01/2022 at 22:25, helios16v said:

Glad someone is making headway on their KUTAs.  :cheers:

Thanks :D Looking at my unfinished builds, I still have long way to go...

- - - - - - 

y4mue_56O8msXyxI5b2comRQPRSjuuQBj1sJlJiv

Cockpit parts painted, I still need to add some definition and details, little bit of weathering. The kit comes with pretty nice looking multi-part pilot figures.

y4mShQ-3EWIqjw1YrQcGnHutijCSsoBcmwaD9bfy

I hope my first experience with the decal sheet doesn't reflect the accuracy in which the rest of the decals are measured up. I just used P6, it filled the panel nicely. Sorry P4, you are not needed. It might be that I don't have accurate button configuration in my C-130 now but I'm willing to take that risk.

• Like 3

y4m3huG3smP9o3Ctg-zUx3iBZ3GLKFMW6A94P6jj

Lots of panels go inside the fuselage. This is just the first layer, there are some details to be added later that I think I will paint separately.

y4mmvD2Q_2fe1nHD020DWwPq0Q7_lXcw82RAy7fx

I did add some of the details, like these on the back as they are mostly the same colour as the inside fuselage.

• Like 4

y4msBAgijMcanih_upxv_1kRwU7zDGC8zSLsm4Zg

I realized that I hadn't posted a ready pic of the Hellcat here. So here it is, Kuta #2 - Eduard 1/72 Hellcat Nighfighter :) 

------------------------------------

Let's continue with Kuta #3:

y4m4IfxMOZPSX3FJRYD55smv0eqmdAHt1RCkVDiw

y4mxjtKHiPczpia9-jswVOdf90iHaRSqDPaVmakp

Not my best work but the cockpit is pretty much done. Not my best work but it will do.There is quite extensive interior behind the cockpit too, still working on that. Also need to finish up the pilots.

• Like 4

Nice work Reini, if this cockpit would be my best work I'd be quite happy with that 🙂 

The Hellcat is great, as you know I'm not a "flyboy" but since I enjoy my exploits with the Viggen I've put some aircraft kits on the wishlist and the Hellcat is on there as well. There were some excellent renditions in the 2021 yearbooks and yours is right up there!

• Like 1