Stug III Ausf F Stug III Ausf B and 1 Brummbar

Lazy Modeller

Today applied the primer in this one... Oneshot grey.

21.jpg

I pre applied some putty in the underside to better match some mud and have some relief. I know I can add some pigments which I'll add, but this way I get some solid base for more.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Cheers
LM

• Like 3

Now the Stug III Ausf F turn.
Made the antennas,  and tools were also added
26.jpg

And the PE grilles were glued, after the usual expletives for the occasion...

27.jpg

Also made an antenna support for the left one.

28.jpg

Maybe I will prime it before Christmas, anyway for a GB this seems more like a alone thing...well never mind.

Cheers
LM

• Like 2

Hi LM,

How's its going? Years ago I did loads of tanks but drifted away from them, looking at your builds I keep thinking that I should get back to them.

I see some more tank builders are trundling into the KUTA land now- guess they don't move as fast as the planes!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Hi LM,

How's its going? Years ago I did loads of tanks but drifted away from them, looking at your builds I keep thinking that I should get back to them.

I see some more tank builders are trundling into the KUTA land now- guess they don't move as fast as the planes!!!

Its...going... nowadays we cant ask more than that!... and more Lazy than ever... I'm only mappling ATM... :rofl:

Well about planes  cant say much but it seems here in the forum all the ppl do them, the rest its maybe just a mirage and nobody cares much, maybe because the planes are a bit easier to build.

In the other hand AFV are more handy to store and can be much more enjoyable to make. They have more part, and we can do much more in weathering than on planes. At least is what I think.

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

AFVs are just different to planes. I enjoy both and think it would be a shame not to see the Stugs and the Brumbar completed.

My last few pieces of armour might inspire you :) 

resized_344bf113-cf3d-491b-9d2e-c7758bf6

resized_d7f7f615-0706-4d5b-afe8-74ade2e5

f99547d3-cb36-49ad-a539-6270fc308ee1.jpe

resized_87f48f18-04df-4f88-883c-ecc90853

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Thanks but the problem is not lack of inspiration... that I have!

What I don't have ATM is mood for it. And I learned in a hard way that when I'm not in the mood, is better not to touch anything, because the result is always bad.

So I usually give a little time till I'm good for it... and for it I meant my multitasking jobs divided by loads of projects.

Cheers

LM

12 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

What I don't have ATM is mood for it. And I learned in a hard way that when I'm not in the mood, is better not to touch anything, because the result is always bad.

Happens to us all I think. I find doing something different helps. Which ironically is when I tend to dust off one of my AFV kits.

But yes when the mojo is low the modelling tends to be lacklustre and it’s a viscous circle. Better to go do something else till the mood recovers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marklo said:

Happens to us all I think. I find doing something different helps. Which ironically is when I tend to dust off one of my AFV kits.

But yes when the mojo is low the modelling tends to be lacklustre and it’s a viscous circle. Better to go do something else till the mood recovers.

The big problem is that when I'm not in the mood I tend to start building a new one! And that cant be...no no no... no? :rofl:

Cheers

LM

• Haha 3

Let's see if I can finish some in time... otherwise it will be a humiliating failure.
Lately I've been really lazy, (I think I have to change the nick to Very Lazy Modeller) and when this goes to the finishing phase the thing gets stuck. Decisions Decisions Decisions...
Anyway, I think I've at least reached the conclusion of the colors. The brummbar will be painted dark yellow and the stugs panzer grey. We will see... Will they paint themselves?

Cheers
LM

• Like 1

Well I told him but no luck! Maybe because its to cold around here. Not usual because we have almost always nice temperatures.

Anyway I think the Stugs will show first, maybe because I have no paint for the Brummbar, and don't know when it will come.

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

Nice! This is incredible. Now that I was in the mood to paint a Stug, the damn compressor won't turn on or do anything.

On top of that these things only break down after the warranty expires... As a Lazy modeler wasn't enough, now I also have a lazy compressor!

I don't know how I'm going to get out of this... no sir.

Cheers

LM

• Sad 2

This day has already happened,
Tomorrow will also be the same,
Nothing new under the sky,
It's just tears after all.

I tried it once again but no luck. It does absolutely nothing. Probably due to some electrical problem, but I don't know because I don't really understand any of this.
I have to see if I can find a technician who understands something about this, which will not be easy...

20220113-110534.jpg

So I will wait here till the end of times...
Cheers
LM

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Ted said:

So frustrating, hope it get figured out soon.

It's a really frustrating situation, and to make it worse, I don't have it in my area, or at least I don't know anyone who repair this.

Maybe if I give it with an hammer I can solve the problem!

Cheers LM

1 minute ago, Lazy Modeller said:

It's a really frustrating situation, and to make it worse, I don't have it in my area, or at least I don't know anyone who repair this.

Maybe if I give it with an hammer I can solve the problem!

Cheers LM

I'm no electrician, but compressors are just a motor and pressure switch. I guess I'd unplug it, read the troubleshooting guide in the manual and then start taking it apart. After that failed and I lost some pieces I would probably watch some youtube fix-it videos. Don't sue me if you hurt yourself or start a fire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ted said:

I'm no electrician, but compressors are just a motor and pressure switch. I guess I'd unplug it, read the troubleshooting guide in the manual and then start taking it apart. After that failed and I lost some pieces I would probably watch some youtube fix-it videos. Don't sue me if you hurt yourself or start a fire.

Already did that. The only thing could be a capacitor, but I really don't understand anything about it, I really have to see if I can get a technician. Thanks for the tip.

cheers LM

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Sorry to hear this

It's at these times that I'm glad I'm hairy sticks and rattle cans and never splashed the cash for a proper airbrush. Equally I'm not a proper modeller so that fits

Thanks! Some solution will appear for sure. At first I also used brushes and rattle cans, but it was expensive and I gave up. Once you start using the airbrush, there is no turning back. And you can always use a simple cheap one, in fact I also use a Revel puff to apply the Oneshot primers that are very thick.

Of course the brush is always necessary, but I think the airbrush is too. And as for the level of modeler, well, everyone should do what gives them pleasure, and in the way they know and manage, some more perfect, others less, but that shouldn't take the pleasure out of the hobby.

Cheers

LM

• Like 1