Stug III Ausf F Stug III Ausf B and 1 Brummbar

Lazy Modeller

Think I'll got first with this one, then the 2 Stugs III... so help me God!

They were all started loooonng ago maybe 35 years, and will need better cleaning's for a start.

1.jpg

Cheers

LM

Edited by Lazy Modeller
edit
  • Like 6

Well summarizing The afternoon, was used to take care of some these holes... these Tamiya guys were completely mad with holes, don't know if they do it by now!

There are holes in the moulds and flaws in the structure, that inferior hole in the hull its simply ridiculous, not to mention a huge number of deep extraction marks so more work, apart of the better cleaning needed...

2.jpg

3.jpg

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

I think it was from when they were motorized a d was for the on off switch, brackets for the motor etc. Are you aiming (so to speak) for the one in the photo? Lovely

Thanks for your comment in first place, because I think they're really sparse in what AFV matters.

Not really. That photo was inside the box for mistake, because it should been in another kit I have that will have that finish in the future. I keep some photos I like to remain me of possible builds, and I liked that one pretty much. Very unusual, the Schurzen,  the roof protection against rain, the tracks that lay by themselves in the tank, and the track holder in the front, that seems to be broken, but that's not a good photo, and will need a better one to have a better idea, but no luck so far.This build will have a zimmerit finish, that I'm gonna do for the first time... :)

Cheers

LM

• Like 2

It's not going as well as I wanted, but it never does...
Used a new approach to appli the zimmer, so instead of putty used Pattex no more nails! Did some tests on plain surfaces and it was OK, but on the surfaces of the tank was very complicated, and had to go answer the door and it dried. Anyway think that's not that bad for the first time with this product and no tools... anyway not all the zimmerit applied is a work of art on the contrary...

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

One thing that confuses me is the front page of the forum. Half of it is about sellers and GB archives that is barely used, and the Current GBs are in subfolders? It almost seems that's hided for no one to see them...

Cheers
LM

• Like 7

So here goes another one just out of the painting area.
I used the Oneshot primer grey, at 25 psi, and with 5 drops of vallejo flow improver for each pot, the thing went without clogging, even though I cleaned the nozzle twice...just in case...I'm really a fan of this one primer! I think I have to start more just to be able to apply it! Soo smooth.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Cheers
LM

• Like 7

• Lazy Modeller changed the title to 2 Stug III and 1 Brummbar

Stug III B and Stug III F 1/35 by Dragon

1.jpg
Well then, here's another post, this time a couple... of these beauties. The ones I like the most.
In principle, they will make some very appealing models, if you make a railing to put a load date on top of it, as most of them used to have, if the indigenous person manages to do something well.

2.jpg
At this early stage... I'm cleaning the finish and trying to correct defects from a somewhat bad assembly, but some are complicated to clean, like Revell's glue that has accumulated in some places, and which I don't think I'll be able to remove, unless I clean up some details, which doesn't seem acceptable to me, then it's better to cover it up with some rubbish.

Cheers
LM

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Considering how damaged it would become in the field, I think yours looks quite good!

Well you have a point there, but that's more than that. Not all zimmerit was perfectly applied . It was applied in the factories, and others in the field, so that was also depending of the ability of the workers. Seen some that were like they applied only mud. So in the end I think I got a fair result. Must say I liked the glue to do this, but its difficult because it dries faster than other things like putty...

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Track link time. I was waiting for several sets of friul, but no luck after 6 months, so here it goes.

I'm building them outside the tank, so it will be much more difficult, but I don't like to paint them already in the tank.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Cheers

LM

• Like 5

12 hours ago, 2lefthands said:

Very convincing zimmerit! May i ask what exactly you made the pattern withwhat your pattern tool is?

Thanks! I like it like this. Some zimmerit sheets are to much equal and zimmerit when applied in the filed was  a bit like this, even seen one that was almost like mud without any pattern.

This zimmerit was made with Pattex glue without nails, and than used a tool blade that I have in a 1/16 kit. Was a bit tricky because the glue but I think its maybe better than putty... at least it gives a more solid fit... I think. There are some rollers but I didn't managed to get them yet.

Cheers

LM